Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Rod & Ronnie album
Posted by: Marnix ()
Date: February 10, 2005 17:16

In a Dutch Musicmagazine called Aloha is an interview published with Rod Stewart and in that interview tells Rod that he had witten some songs together with his best friend Ronnie Wood. And they gonna record the songs very soon together and the name of the album will be: You Strum And I Sing.

Re: New Rod & Ronnie album
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: February 10, 2005 17:21

They are both saying that for 5 years now.

I'm dying to hear it, but when Ronnie is coming over they always go directly to Rods attic were they can play with the trains. Instead of writing and recording.
(That's what I heard)

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 10, 2005 18:23

I think the title track was recorded about 5 years ago and they've been saying they'd follow up ever since. Don't count on it....

Posted by: SixtiesDave ()
Date: February 10, 2005 20:20

Rod's too busy trying to be the new Frank Sinatra to rock out with the Woodster these days

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 11, 2005 20:30

As a long-time fan of both Rod and the Faces, I strongly suggest you take a bathroom break when the Songbook songs are played. While Rod's voice is generally good live, he's moving around a lot less these days (especially compared to Mick). However, his live show is still a good night's entertainment.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 11, 2005 23:11

personally, i love the songbook songs. rod's a chameleon and can excel at many different styles. nothing wrong with that....

Posted by: bartman ()
Date: February 12, 2005 09:35

First there will be another GASB (Part4). After that's he going to record an album with good old Ronnie

Posted by: SixtiesDave ()
Date: February 12, 2005 18:47

I've got nothing againist the recent American songbook albums, I'd rather listen to them than his other recent albums, "When were the New Boys" anyone?, I just think it's quite revealing about where his heart is at these days

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1490
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home