Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hyde Park Concerts-July 6&13
Posted by: king ()
Date: April 1, 2013 03:38

If these concerts come to fruition,will they be staged at night or during the day?

Re: Hyde Park Concerts-July 6&13
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: April 1, 2013 03:43

Yes.

Posted by: achilles77 ()
Date: April 1, 2013 03:48

I hope they get Taylor and Wyman to place these shows (or at least the show on the 6th) since it's just a day away from the anniversary of the July 5 1969 show. Maybe even play the same setlist. That would be really cool.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 1, 2013 04:18

achilles77
I hope they get Taylor and Wyman to place these shows (or at least the show on the 6th) since it's just a day away from the anniversary of the July 5 1969 show. Maybe even play the same setlist. That would be really cool.

Mick Taylor will be joining them for sure on this next batch of dates, as a continuation of the "50 and Counting..." theme of Rolling Stones from years past coming back to celebrate the legacy.

But, sad to say, it appears that we have seen the last of Bill Wyman's associations with The Stones. As a special guest, he was not treated in a particularly special way for the O2 gigs and he was disappointed by this, and, likely putting him ina lesser standing with his old band mates, he has complained about this in public to the media.

There is a sacred code involved with The Stones: Bicker all you like, but don't air your dirty laundry in public. To a larger extent, this is what had caused Keith to fall out of favor with Mick regarding his memoir Life, to the point where the 2012 activity almost didn't happen. In fact, I believe that had it not been for Life, touring activity would have happened a lot earlier, perhaps in 2010, when Keith was proclaiming how everyone was rested and ready to get back out on the road again.

Posted by: achilles77 ()
Date: April 3, 2013 02:31

stonehearted
achilles77

Mick Taylor will be joining them for sure on this next batch of dates, as a continuation of the "50 and Counting..." theme of Rolling Stones from years past coming back to celebrate the legacy.

But, sad to say, it appears that we have seen the last of Bill Wyman's associations with The Stones. As a special guest, he was not treated in a particularly special way for the O2 gigs and he was disappointed by this, and, likely putting him ina lesser standing with his old band mates, he has complained about this in public to the media.

There is a sacred code involved with The Stones: Bicker all you like, but don't air your dirty laundry in public. To a larger extent, this is what had caused Keith to fall out of favor with Mick regarding his memoir Life, to the point where the 2012 activity almost didn't happen. In fact, I believe that had it not been for Life, touring activity would have happened a lot earlier, perhaps in 2010, when Keith was proclaiming how everyone was rested and ready to get back out on the road again.

I don't think Bill's innocent and justified comments and Keith's written personal attacks are a fair comparison. Bill has really only said that he wanted more involvement, to play more than 2 songs per show, properly rehearse with the band, etc. He wasn't trashing anyone personally. Keith's book had personal digs that dug much deeper than simply saying I wanted/want to do more. I don't think Bill has burned any bridges here. I think we very well might see him with the band again.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

...That certainly wouldn't make the band say "Let's not let Bill play with us anymore". If it does, then they would need their heads examined. If anything, to me, it's Bill publicly saying he wasn't satisfied and would like to get it right some other time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-04-03 02:43 by achilles77.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 3, 2013 03:59

achilles77
stonehearted
achilles77

I don't think Bill's innocent and justified comments and Keith's written personal attacks are a fair comparison. Bill has really only said that he wanted more involvement, to play more than 2 songs per show, properly rehearse with the band, etc. He wasn't trashing anyone personally. Keith's book had personal digs that dug much deeper than simply saying I wanted/want to do more. I don't think Bill has burned any bridges here. I think we very well might see him with the band again.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

...That certainly wouldn't make the band say "Let's not let Bill play with us anymore". If it does, then they would need their heads examined. If anything, to me, it's Bill publicly saying he wasn't satisfied and would like to get it right some other time.

Bill's bridge burning will happen with the forthcoming publication of his sequel to Stone Alone, which will cover the 70s and 80s.

If Bill had a problem with not having enough to do with last year's shows, then he should have presented his complaints to The Stones themselves--who could have done something about it--rather than to interviewers in the media. I'm sure airing private grievances publicly through the media is looked down upon particularly by Mick, who would view such a tactic as very un-English.

Hyde Park is in July, so let's see what happens at Glastonbury. Bill and his Rhythm Kings take the stage on June 28, and his former band are playing on the following night. If we see just a Stone alone onstage on June 28, and Darryl playing a full, uninterrupted set on the 29th, then that would be your answer not only for Hyde Park a few days later, but for the remainder of the Stones' performing days period.

Bill has already compared his brief return with The Stones as like trying to get back together with an old girlfriend, saying in a recent interview that "it just doesn't work."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1747
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home