Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rock And Roll Circus
Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: February 10, 2005 13:39

I'm considering to purchase that particular DVD. I'd like to know what you think about the quality of the whole production, concerning sound, picture, if the songs are complete or just excerpts etc. I've found an offer I really can't refuse. Check it out: [www3.cd-wow.com] I'm especially interested in the song "Salt Of The Earth" since I haven't seen any footage of it previousy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-02-10 17:01 by The Stones.

Re: Rock And Roll Circus - Your Views Wanted
Posted by: davido ()
Date: February 10, 2005 13:50

Works well on DVD with all the extras etc.
A nice package with good sound and picture
quality. Maybe heavily edited with some overdubs
etc., I'm not so sure, and not the Stones strongest
performance, but does feature the Brian Jones line up.
Is selling for pretty cheap in some places, I'd say get it!

Re: Rock And Roll Circus
Posted by: SixtiesDave ()
Date: February 10, 2005 20:27

Get it!! I've only got a bog standard VHS copy but's given me hours of entertainment over the years.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: February 10, 2005 20:50

Mick and Keith also do "Salt Of The Earth" on the Concert for New York if you can find it. Also, Miss You.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 11, 2005 02:53

I would definitely get the DVD, especially to hear several of the performers reminiscing about the event.

Posted by: Rorty ()
Date: February 11, 2005 10:14

A must for a Stone fan, I think. Catches the band in one of the crucial moments of its career. The brand new Beggars Banquet material fresh and raw in their hands, Brian JonesĀ“s last performance (only musically nice moment is the slide in "No Expectations"), Jagger is really topping his game, I think the most remarkable performance he has ever done; looking like Turner in Performance and with absolute self-control and self-secure... and Keith just looks cool smiling smiley Surely not their best performance, the band is seemingly in rust, but still they are damn great... magical and strong. (Always hyped Who performance is secondary to them).

Of course, Circus is also a nice document of the special atmosphere of the time, plus the superjam of Lennon, Clapton, Keith and Mitch Mitchell is a sight in itself.

- Doxa

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: February 11, 2005 11:39

Thank you, guys. You have definitely convinced me. I will buy the DVD straight away.

Posted by: jigsawpuzzle ()
Date: February 11, 2005 15:24

The finest version of NO EXPECTATIONS I've ever heard.

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: February 11, 2005 16:13

I bought the video some years ago, when it was oficially available for the first time. I love every song on it, with the expection of Yoko Ono's screaming and the poor guy who had to play violin... he looked so scared when Yoko started her "performance"!

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: February 11, 2005 17:00

Yeah the "video" is great - BUT the DVD was disappointing!

I mean, with all the great DVD releases with extra bonus footage from all kinds of bands, where are the bonus Stones songs on this DVD ???

Disappointing release...

Esky

Posted by: jigsawpuzzle ()
Date: February 11, 2005 19:44

I wonder what Keith was thinking when he just got done jamming with Clapton, Lennon and Hendrix's drummer and then they had to back up Yoko. And did you see Lennon's little moment of glee for Yoko when the song (?) was over. Not sure what drugs were necessary for Yoko's screeching to sound good. Perhaps, and I certainly don't know, John only showed on the condition Yoko got her spot. Or was it just one big hippie love fest in '68? Anybody know for sure?

Date: February 12, 2005 00:26

Why, oh why, didn't someone put Yoko out of her misery whilst she was yowling like a scalded cat? And why, oh why, didn't the Stones simply edit out her 'performance' in the DVD version? Who DOESN'T Fast Forward through her sh*te????? Compared to the musical and vocal virtuosity of the rest of the concert, Yoko sucks.

Maybe John said he'd only do it if Yoko could do her schtik. That's why John wasn't included in The Concert For Bangla Desh. John insisted that he would perform only if Yoko was included as well. George told him to put that idea where the monkey put the nuts!!!

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2038
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home