Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6
Re: Chuck Leavell Appreciation Thread
Date: April 2, 2013 16:29

But it never breaks...

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: April 2, 2013 17:22

GravityBoy
His Majesty
GravityBoy
The truth is there is more to being a Rolling Stone than being a fine musician.

Chuck don't got it.

So, he should quite to please you. grinning smiley

No... he just needs to stop saying or heavily implying he is a Rolling Stone, he's not.

He's an employee.

chuck is the greatest stone of all time. and he knows it.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: April 2, 2013 17:34

GRNRBITW
GravityBoy
His Majesty
GravityBoy

Chuck don't got it.

No... he just needs to stop saying or heavily implying he is a Rolling Stone, he's not.

He's an employee.

But can he convince anyone else?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 2, 2013 17:50

Munichhilton
GRNRBITW
GravityBoy
His Majesty
GravityBoy

Chuck don't got it.

He's an employee.

If you repeat it often enough, it becomes true. You just have to put in some effort.

Date: April 2, 2013 17:56

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
GRNRBITW
GravityBoy
His Majesty
GravityBoy

Chuck don't got it.

He's an employee.

If you repeat it often enough, it becomes true. You just have to put in some effort.

Then how come I'm not yet a race car?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 2, 2013 18:00

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
GRNRBITW
GravityBoy
His Majesty
GravityBoy

Chuck don't got it.

He's an employee.

Then how come I'm not yet a race car?

that's quite passé. Race cars went out with the race riots in the 60s.

Please keep up.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: April 2, 2013 18:14

Munichhilton
GRNRBITW
GravityBoy
His Majesty
GravityBoy

Chuck don't got it.

He's an employee.

he didn't convince me...i came to that conclusion on my very own. i actually think i'm the one that convinced him...

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 7, 2013 21:20

Here is what Keith says about who calls the shots in rehearsals [from 2:42 to 3:22]--no mention at all of Chuck....

www.absoluteradio.co.uk/player/The-Rolling-Stones/10412/Interview-with-Keith-Richards.html

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: April 7, 2013 23:34

Chuck probably told Keith not to say anything.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 8, 2013 04:09

I've said it once, and I'll say it again...he put the Clapton unplugged show over the top, was the icing on the cake.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 8, 2013 04:46

kovach
I've said it once, and I'll say it again...he put the Clapton unplugged show over the top, was the icing on the cake.

Great...for the Clapton unplugged show.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 8, 2013 08:40

71Tele
kovach

..and is also one of the few musicians except for his Beetle Peetle buddies that has been on Tour with George Harrison....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 8, 2013 08:52

Come On
71Tele
kovach

..and is also one of the few musicians except for his Beetle Peetle buddies that has been on Tour with George Harrison....

Great...for George Harrison.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 8, 2013 09:07

It took some writings before Chucks name popped up...but it does, and under the correct title, namely as a Famous Sideman..

SidemanFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopediaJump to: navigation, search This article is about the role of a musician. For the Tony Award-winning play by Warren Leight, see Side Man. For the church term, see Sidesman.
A sideman is a professional musician who is hired to perform or record with a group of which he or she is not a regular member. They often tour with solo acts as well as bands and jazz ensembles.[1] Sidemen are generally required to be adaptable to many different styles of music, and so able to fit smoothly into the group in which they are currently playing.[2] Often aspiring musicians start out as sidemen, and then move on to develop their own sound, a name, and fans of their own, or go on to form their own groups. Some examples of this are:

James Burton and Glen D. Hardin, playing guitar and keyboards respectively, who performed in the backing band for Elvis Presley, also backed Gram Parsons before joining newcomer Rodney Crowell and veteran Albert Lee in Emmylou Harris' "Hot Band".
Don Henley and Glenn Frey were in the initial backup band for Linda Ronstadt, which toured in support of her eponymous debut album. Afterwards, with the addition of Joe Walsh and Don Felder, (and later, Timothy Schmit), they formed the Eagles.

Lindley (1980) playing the pedal steel guitarSome sidemen become famous for their musical specialties, and become highly sought-after by pop, rock, blues, jazz and country music bands. Examples of some of these include multi-instrumentalists. David Lindley is a multi-instrumentalist who has worked with such diverse musicians as Curtis Mayfield, Dolly Parton, Jackson Browne, and Hani Naser. Lindley used his time as a sideman to discover and master new instruments while on tour around the world, becoming proficient on ethnic instruments rarely seen in Western music genres. He has mastered so many that he admits to losing count, and instead placed a photo gallery of them on his website.[3]

Waddy Wachtel's guitar licks and experience have placed him as a bandleader while on tour with Stevie Nicks, and Chuck Leavell, who has toured with The Allman Brothers Band, but more often, is onstage with The Rolling Stones on keyboards.

2 1 2 0

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 8, 2013 10:44

Chuck Leavell is a great man and a great musician. I count him as the "6th Stone" just like Ian Stewart. I am one of the few who have seen Chuck many hundred times on stage and off stage and in rehearsals on and off the record over the years, all over the world. He is always nice and hard working. It would be hard to replace him, and I am so glad he is available for us on yet another tour. He makes the band as great as they are, and it is a complete misunderstanding that he takes focus away from the others. Go see them live and you will see what I mean. Thanks Chuck!

Bjornulf

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: April 8, 2013 21:52

bv
Chuck Leavell is a great man and a great musician. I count him as the "6th Stone" just like Ian Stewart. I am one of the few who have seen Chuck many hundred times on stage and off stage and in rehearsals on and off the record over the years, all over the world. He is always nice and hard working. It would be hard to replace him, and I am so glad he is available for us on yet another tour. He makes the band as great as they are, and it is a complete misunderstanding that he takes focus away from the others. Go see them live and you will see what I mean. Thanks Chuck!

+1

Although I feel he is best described as a 6th Rolling Stone rather than the 6th Rolling Stone.

Date: April 8, 2013 21:55

BlackHat
bv

+1

Although I feel he is best described as a 6th Rolling Stone rather than the 6th Rolling Stone.

No no no. That's Darryl. He's THE 6th stone.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: April 8, 2013 21:56

I prefer to think of him as 7th(ish) in a long list of Rolling Stones employees.

Date: April 8, 2013 22:01

GravityBoy
I prefer to think of him as 7th(ish) in a long list of Rolling Stones employees.

The seventh son of a seventh son of a seventh son of a gun?

Date: April 8, 2013 22:15

Chuck is a nice guy...

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: April 10, 2013 22:16

GravityBoy

This could perhaps be resolved by having two 6th Rolling Stones and no 7th.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: April 10, 2013 23:16

bv

Well said! Great post BV!

Goto Page: Previous123456
Current Page: 6 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1495
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home