Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT - ECM Records
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: March 27, 2013 12:20

Just seen details of an exhibition at a German museum; is there anyone on IORR that's a fan of ECM artists ? I know I like some of what they release, i.e. some Keith Jarrett, early Pat Metheny, and Bill Frisell.

Re: OT - ECM Records
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 27, 2013 12:56

Love the 1st Return To Forever album with the seagull on the cover. Early Pat Metheny pretty cool especially Watercolours and As Falls Wichita So Falls Wichita Falls.

Also have Keith Jarrett - The Koln Concert.

Not heard Bill Frisell.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 27, 2013 17:09

Silver Dagger
Love the 1st Return To Forever album with the seagull on the cover. Early Pat Metheny pretty cool especially Watercolours and As Falls Wichita So Falls Wichita Falls.

Not heard Bill Frisell.

To me they all seems to be former Miles Davis Touring members....

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 27, 2013 17:15

Come On
Silver Dagger

Not heard Bill Frisell.

To me they all seems to be former Miles Davis Touring members....

All except Pat Metheny.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-27 17:15 by Silver Dagger.

Date: March 27, 2013 17:41

And except Bill Frisell, too.

Posted by: R ()
Date: March 27, 2013 17:43

The original European pressings were always alleged to be superior to later American ones. I always found them scratchy and full of static, however.

Date: March 27, 2013 17:49

Keith Jarrett on ECM / CBS / Impulse was totally different from his work with Miles Davis. Miles persuaded Jarrett to plug in, and engage in electric music.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 27, 2013 17:51

As a very young man in the mid-1980s I ran the inventory warehouse at Wakefield in Phoenix, where all the ECM vinyl was pressed. So, if you got one of those ECM LP's in the 80s, it probably passed through my hands. The mastering lab was in the same building and on my lunch I would watch Roger do the mastering. He was one of the best in the business. The warehouse was not yet computerized, so I had to keep the inventory accounts manually in a big loose leaf binder, and periodically do a physical inventory. We also pressed and inventoried all the Rounder and Flying Fish stuff. It was a great job.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 27, 2013 17:51

Classical guitarist Pablo Marquez did wonderful recordings for ECM, as did violinist Carolin Widmann and pianist Dénes Várjon.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-27 17:54 by windmelody.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1657
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home