Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Any thoughts on new Justin Timberlake album?
Posted by: ab ()
Date: March 23, 2013 04:53

Not my thing, but the guy gets top-shelf tail!

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 23, 2013 07:33

BowieStone
I like him, but his albums are packed with filler material.
Fine singles, mediocre albums.
For now I won't buy the album as I don't even like the first single.

Yeah, JT on snl. With Beyoncé. Hilarious.

yes, that older SNL with JT in leotard was hilarious! Saw a Beyonce interview recently, said she wasn't enthusiastic about the idea (because she takes her work seriously, she said) until he got up in front of her with his cast in full outfits & made her laugh.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: March 23, 2013 18:48

GumbootCloggeroo
But since he doesn't play a guitar then most Stones fans on here will dismiss him as an untalented hack. Whatever.

No true. There are a number of Ron Woods fans on this board. So apparently guitar playing ability does not matter.

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: March 24, 2013 01:27

JuanTCB
Wow - for being fans of one of the first lead singers to bend traditional color and gender lines, a lot of you guys are being pretty damn close-minded.

I like JT and I like Bruno Mars. They're talented guys putting out catchy music and making good show in the process. It may not be rock but who the @#$%& cares? Middle-aged Stones fans aren't his target market, anyway.

It's no use. I hated that neanderthal attitude among 'rock' fans since 7th grade and unfortunately, some never grow out of it....you don't have to be a 'fan', but the mentality of 'that's gay..' is just juvenile. I imagine there were some hipster blues purists in 1964 dismissing the Stones. In fact, I'm sure of it.
Seriously, the guy grew up idolizing Al Green and respecting musical elders, has talked about doing a collaboration with fellow Memphians Green and Isaac Hayes (before he died)
It's good music. Period. What did Keith call those dumbasses booing JT in Toronto?
MeatHeads? or something like that?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-24 01:35 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 24, 2013 01:55

stonesrule

Sorry, I left off the OT, His Majesty. I do so enjoy your corrections. May I humbly ask His Majesty's thoughts on Timberlake...

He can out sing and dance most of his contemporaries, great to boogie to his stuff when out and about, but not someone I would listen to at home. thumbs up

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 24, 2013 02:25

His Majesty

He can out sing and dance most of his contemporaries, great to boogie to his stuff when out and about, but not someone I would listen to at home. thumbs up

Spot-on! We can all have a boogie to him on the mean-streets of Aberdeen, but not in our home!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 24, 2013 02:27

Big Al
His Majesty

Spot-on! We can all have a boogie to him on the mean-streets of Aberdeen, but not in our home!

Haha. grinning smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 24, 2013 02:32

His Majesty

Haha. grinning smiley

Get yourself down to the high street Wetherspoon and then hit the local club for today's Urban and R&B offerings, ha-ha. I've just moved from Kent, England to Toronto and I'm missing my British Saturday night out!

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: March 24, 2013 02:35

This is great!

sure brings back some memories.

Date: March 27, 2013 23:36

My new favorite from the new release:

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 28, 2013 02:16

Like it! This'll put Justin Bieber in his place.

Date: March 28, 2013 03:12

stonesrule
Like it! This'll put Justin Bieber in his place.

I actually feel sorry for the other Justin. That moment when you're not so cute and adored anymore and little girls are looking for alternatives....must be soul-crushing.
If he's smart and his talent is genuine, he'll be ok, but I can't be cruel to him. I have very fond memories of my older sister's room wallpapered with the Osmonds and how much she loved them and how much I loved listening to the albums. Hey, I wasn't born a Stones fan...

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 28, 2013 04:20

Actually, I do agree...He's at a tricky stage now but his manager sounds like a good, honest person.

Date: April 1, 2013 04:01

Killer performance...

Date: April 1, 2013 04:04

GumbootCloggeroo
I like Justin Timberlake. He's got skills. Good singer. Good dancer. His tunes are funky. He's always great on SNL.

But since he doesn't play a guitar then most Stones fans on here will dismiss him as an untalented hack. Whatever.

He does...and keyboards.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1677
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home