Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Some Girls from Shine A Light
Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: March 9, 2013 16:37

No, not the girls in the audience...the song!

I think a lot of the performances in the movie aren't great, but Some Girls, in particular strikes me. Mick and Keith singing together and Keith's enthusiasm is great. I love seeing Keith so into it. At the other end, it may be the sloppiest version of a song I have heard. Ronnie is playing notes on the peddle steel, but their is no melody in his playing, the rest of the band seems lost, and Mick kind of spits out lyrics at parts. In every way (except Mick and Keith's duet on the chorus) it is a terribly bad version. Ronnie sounded like he had no idea how to play his instrument. Very strange.

Re: Some Girls from Shine A Light
Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 9, 2013 16:39

I loved it. Staring up at this song in an IMAX theatre...it was fantastic. Keith is still the boss and needn't prove anything. By the way, isn't Ronnie lost most the time? I thought that was part of his charm...

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: March 9, 2013 16:48

They nailed in '99...highlight of the tour. At the Beacon? not so much....

Posted by: Dali ()
Date: March 9, 2013 16:54

buffalo7478
No, not the girls in the audience...the song!

I think a lot of the performances in the movie aren't great, but Some Girls, in particular strikes me. Mick and Keith singing together and Keith's enthusiasm is great. I love seeing Keith so into it. At the other end, it may be the sloppiest version of a song I have heard. Ronnie is playing notes on the peddle steel, but their is no melody in his playing, the rest of the band seems lost, and Mick kind of spits out lyrics at parts. In every way (except Mick and Keith's duet on the chorus) it is a terribly bad version. Ronnie sounded like he had no idea how to play his instrument. Very strange.

I think you mean Far Away Eyes.

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: March 9, 2013 17:33

Dali
buffalo7478
... it may be the sloppiest version of a song I have heard. Ronnie is playing notes on the pedal steel, but there is no melody in his playing, the rest of the band seems lost, and Mick kind of spits out lyrics at parts. In every way (except Mick and Keith's duet on the chorus) it is a terribly bad version. Ronnie sounded like he had no idea how to play his instrument. Very strange.

LoFL: You can't beat a real expert critique! :E

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 9, 2013 17:59

with sssoul
Dali
buffalo7478
... it may be the sloppiest version of a song I have heard. Ronnie is playing notes on the pedal steel, but there is no melody in his playing, the rest of the band seems lost, and Mick kind of spits out lyrics at parts. In every way (except Mick and Keith's duet on the chorus) it is a terribly bad version. Ronnie sounded like he had no idea how to play his instrument. Very strange.

LoFL: You can't beat a real expert critique! :E

That WAS well done

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 9, 2013 18:44

I watched Shine A Light last night on Pallidia and it's growing on me. They aired Ladies and Gentlemen first, and going from that sublime concert footage to SOL, I wasn't expecting much. Some Girls from SOL is one of the better songs imo, Far Away Eyes is meh, except for that endearing duet, staged or not.

I had to get up early, so I didn't watch the whole thing again. I will say I had no trouble turning it off as soon as Mick started the Sympathy for the Devil Woo Hoos. What in the world was he thinking? Ouch, like fingernails on a chalkboard....

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: March 9, 2013 19:55

OMG...never post when hungover. I do indeed mean Faraway Eyes. Very very very embarassing

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 9, 2013 20:04

buffalo7478
OMG...never post when hungover. I do indeed mean Faraway Eyes. Very very very embarassing

No worries buffalo7478, I've done far worse without the excuse of being hungover. smiling smiley

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: March 9, 2013 20:08

buffalo7478

LOL! Must have been some session last night, eh? I could do with one of those! smileys with beer

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: March 9, 2013 23:11

Saw SHINE A LIGHT in an IMAX theater and during Some Girls thought "Now that's a rock star." I just loved Mick's attitude and everything.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2497
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home