Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Ya Ya's album cover-and the Dylan connection
Posted by: sundevil ()
Date: March 10, 2013 20:04

never knew that. interesting tie-in to HisBobness, especially after bob told keith the first time they met,"yeah, well i coulda wrote satisfaction but you couldn't write mr. tamborine man."

was always suprised that the mule on ya-ya's never became the band's logo. thankfully the tounge is better. don't think we ever would have gotten a spikey mule.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: March 10, 2013 21:35

MILKYWAY
GRNRBITW
and in other breaking news, Keith has been ordered to play a concert for the blind as his punishment for breaking Canada's drug laws.

Right on!!! Do you think the Stones will also be appearing? If so, it would be cool for Bill Wyman to show up too.

not sure - maybe our good buddy ozzie here can look into this...

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: March 10, 2013 22:52

sundevil
bob told keith the first time they met,"yeah, well i coulda wrote satisfaction but you couldn't write mr. tamborine man."

Um, if Dylan could have written "Satisfaction", why didn't he? It would have made him a boatload of moola.

Never was a big fan of Tambourine Man. Is writing "jingle jangle morning" such an accomplishment?

Artists are weird.

Posted by: GRNRBITW ()
Date: March 10, 2013 23:33

MILKYWAY
sundevil
bob told keith the first time they met,"yeah, well i coulda wrote satisfaction but you couldn't write mr. tamborine man."

Um, if Dylan could have written "Satisfaction", why didn't he? It would have made him a boatload of moola.

Never was a big fan of Tambourine Man. Is writing "jingle jangle morning" such an accomplishment?

actually - there are a few more lyrics in the song. i agree - had he stopped at jingle jangle morning it would have been very disappointing.

Posted by: ozziestone ()
Date: March 11, 2013 04:50

On the Dylan I could have written Satisfaction thing, Jagger is supposed to have responded something like "well I'd like to see Bod Dylan do satisfaction". Me too. And the stones doing Tambourine man for that matter.

On the Dylan Ya Ya cover thing it might be a coincidence of course. After all it's a donkey not a mule (isn't it?) I can't see any jewels (beads yes not jewels) and what's the camera doing there?

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 11, 2013 08:23

Are we SURE about those quotes from Keith and Mick re Dylan?

Where is Rockman when he's needed? Ya know...the Poet from Geelong.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 11, 2013 11:17

Where is Rockman when he's needed? Ya know...the Poet

ROCKMAN

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 11, 2013 11:41

"Bob's a nasty little bugger"

he's the neighborhood bully

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1592
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home