Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Jagger in Nicuragua
Posted by: Bekkif ()
Date: March 5, 2013 16:16

Hi

I was wondering if anyone had any information on Mick Jagger visiting Nicuragua after the earthquake in the early 70's. I'm also quite interested in a picture put up by Chippy here of Jagger pictured just after the earthquake. Does anyone know who the photographer is?
[www.iorr.org]
I know he and Bianca visited but I wanted to know whether they took part in any aid work or anything.
I am working on a pretty major project and was wondering if anyone could help me out with some more information. Thanks!
(I am new here and not very good at posting links etc, hope it's worked ok)

Re: Mick Jagger in Nicuragua
Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: March 5, 2013 21:58

There is a really long, very informative interview with Bianca from Logos and she speakes a little about thier relief efforts and what derailed them. (Somoza's cronies wanted control of the relief projects) She mentions Mick being part of it..
In several interviews, Mick has alluded to his trips to Nicaragua - one in the 70s where he discusses hearing about Mick Taylor leaving the band: 'I was in Nicaragua at the time to see how the benefit was going...' (paraphrased, but something to that effect)
Bianca has mentioned they wanted to build a small clinic for children etc...
Also, Bianca mentioned in an interview from George magazine about how they traveleled to Nicaragua so Mick could ask her father's permission to marry her.
In a Stones documentary (Rolling with the Stones, there is a clip of Mick being interviewed about the earthquake with his baseball jersey. I haven't been able to find the clip anywhere else. And of course, Indian Girl, a song I think was directly inspired by his trips to Nicaragua - he even refers to it in it's original name, Nueva Grenada. Whenever Mick has been involved in certain projects - like the Haiti relief, or the LA earthquake in 89 - he refers to his experience in Nicaragua during the aftermath of the earthquake. Mick can be a steely-eye individual, but he seems to have been moved by his time there.
Sounds like an interesting project!

[www.logosjournal.com]

[www.latinamericanstudies.org]

WITH MICK JAGGER

They visited often -- including a memorable trip as teenagers when they shared a
marijuana joint on the beach with Mick Jagger, who was in Nicaragua to marry his
first wife, the Managua-born Bianca -- but the Sevilla Sacasas admit that they
sometimes felt like strangers in their own country.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-05 22:00 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: March 6, 2013 00:08

Beavis: "I am from Nicuagua"

Posted by: B-Flat ()
Date: March 6, 2013 04:26

NICARAGUA ???

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: March 7, 2013 20:40

Bekkif
Hi

I was wondering if anyone had any information on Mick Jagger visiting Nicuragua after the earthquake in the early 70's. I'm also quite interested in a picture put up by Chippy here of Jagger pictured just after the earthquake. Does anyone know who the photographer is?
[www.iorr.org]
I know he and Bianca visited but I wanted to know whether they took part in any aid work or anything.
I am working on a pretty major project and was wondering if anyone could help me out with some more information. Thanks!
(I am new here and not very good at posting links etc, hope it's worked ok)

The picture you make mention of in Managua, 1973 is by Syndication International

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: March 7, 2013 20:51

uhbuhgullayew

Beavis: "I am from Nicuagua"

I am from Masonland.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-07 20:51 by GravityBoy.

Posted by: Bekkif ()
Date: March 11, 2013 12:32

Thank you Kirk and stupidguy2 - really helpful

Posted by: dead.flowers ()
Date: March 11, 2013 13:10

What is Nicuragua? Is it a strange disease or something of the kind?

Frankly: How can one be so ignorant? It baffles all description. And, ignorance definitely stirs my emotions.

If one works on such a pretty major project, then, why doesn't he or she make himself, first of all, familiar with at least the correct spelling of his or her project's subject matter?

And, what a pretty major project can that be, in which one continuously and contumeliously keeps misspelling the name of a whole country?

Please try to show some esteem.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1487
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home