Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: The Future: Mick Jagger And The New Stones?
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 7, 2013 18:28

At least Stones didn't come back last year looking like trash like Beach Boys did. Seeing Beach Boys last year was highly embarrassing. Like a bunch of old farts.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 7, 2013 20:05

If he goes on tour with the Red Devils and plays paradiso Amsterdam i am willing to pay E 90.

Jeroen

Date: March 7, 2013 20:20

MrMonte
JumpinJackOLantern
seitan
Does this answer the questions of this thread:

Mick Jagger And The New Stones: - Let's suck
Lets ride on the Stones wave and make crap.

A terrific song with a great message! It's one that should be played in all schools today. Gave me goosebumps. Thanks for posting, I had forgotten what a great song it was. And, another electrifying performance by the greatest frontman of all time!

You really think this is a "great song" and an 'electrifying" performance? Wow. My description would replace "great" with "horrible" and "electrifying" with "embarassing."

The 80s weren't good for Mick. They just weren't. This is just crap with an '80s hairdo.

I love this song (and Mick's performance of it) in every way imaginable. Gave me goosebumps listening to it. No doubt it probably offended some lazy individuals though.

Date: March 7, 2013 20:22

mtaylor
At least Stones didn't come back last year looking like trash like Beach Boys did. Seeing Beach Boys last year was highly embarrassing. Like a bunch of old farts.

Mike Love is the biggest jerk in the music business, and that is saying a lot.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: March 7, 2013 20:24

JumpinJackOLantern
MrMonte
JumpinJackOLantern
seitan

A terrific song with a great message! It's one that should be played in all schools today. Gave me goosebumps. Thanks for posting, I had forgotten what a great song it was. And, another electrifying performance by the greatest frontman of all time!

You really think this is a "great song" and an 'electrifying" performance? Wow. My description would replace "great" with "horrible" and "electrifying" with "embarassing."

The 80s weren't good for Mick. They just weren't. This is just crap with an '80s hairdo.

I love this song (and Mick's performance of it) in every way imaginable. Gave me goosebumps listening to it. No doubt it probably offended some lazy individuals though.

Mick looks like Richard Simmons in that still shot.

Date: March 7, 2013 20:28

treaclefingers
JumpinJackOLantern
JumpinJackOLantern
seitan

Just watched it again. Fantastic lyrics.

Your sarcasm is sickens me.

Why get sick over something that isn't true to begin with? I wasn't being sarcastic in the least. I honestly love this song and the performance. It is a very inspirational song, and should be shown in all of our schools along with the old Andy Griffith Show. Lots of lazy whiny adults need to hear this song also.

Date: March 7, 2013 20:33

colonial
JumpinJackOLantern
Stoneage
Very few brats works for a living, Mr Lantern. They often live off their daddys gold express cards. Here in Sweden brats are especially known for a phenomena called "vaskning": They order two bottles of expensive champagne and lets the bartender spill one out in the sink. To impress other, less fortunate, brats and to affront ordinary working people.

A clear case of poor parenting. Lots of that in our world today.

A clear case of poor parenting Snobbery.Lots of that in the world today.

Which goes right back to poor parenting.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 7, 2013 21:49

JumpinJackOLantern
treaclefingers
JumpinJackOLantern
JumpinJackOLantern
seitan

Why get sick over something that isn't true to begin with? I wasn't being sarcastic in the least. I honestly love this song and the performance. It is a very inspirational song, and should be shown in all of our schools along with the old Andy Griffith Show. Lots of lazy whiny adults need to hear this song also.

OK the only thing worse than your original sarcasm, is you sarcastically defending the original sarcasm. Is it that you hate us? Mick, is that you?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 7, 2013 21:50

Forget it. It will never happen.

Bjornulf

Date: March 7, 2013 21:56

bv

You're being a bit of a party pooper...I suppose that means the 'Sons of Beatles' tour will be postponed as well.

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: March 7, 2013 22:25

treaclefingers
bv

You're being a bit of a party pooper...I suppose that means the 'Sons of Beatles' tour will be postponed as well.

I am keeping 2014 clear for the Sons of The Beatles.

Date: March 7, 2013 22:32

bv

Probably not with the use of the word "Stones", but I think he will definitely hook up with some younger musicians and carry on for years after the Stones are finished.

How about 'Mick Jagger And The Young Guns,' instead?

Date: March 7, 2013 22:34

BlackHat
treaclefingers
bv

I am keeping 2014 clear for the Sons of The Beatles.

More likely 2017 to 2020, but we can hope.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 7, 2013 22:36

@#$%& Beatles - this is not a Beatles site

Date: March 7, 2013 22:42

treaclefingers
bv

Nobody can stop the wheels of destiny once they begin to roll.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 7, 2013 22:44

Why not the sons of the Beatles and the sons of the Stones coming together and forming a supergroup: The Beatlestones?

Date: March 7, 2013 22:50

smileys with beersmileys with beer
bv

I am glad its not gonna happen. mick will be happy too. it will hurt his Big Ego...

jeroen

Date: March 7, 2013 22:51

mtaylor
@#$%& Beatles - this is not a Beatles site

No need to feel insecure. We (the Stones and their legions of fans) have already wrapped up the title of "Greatest Rock'N Roll Show Band Of All Time" and if we can get them to produce one last great album we will steal the title of "Greatest Rock 'N Roll Band (Period) Of All Time" from those dreaded Beatles! Stand Tall, Be Proud, Lets Work!

Date: March 7, 2013 22:53

Stoneage
Why not the sons of the Beatles and the sons of the Stones coming together and forming a supergroup: The Beatlestones?

Do oil and water mix? Forget it!

Date: March 7, 2013 23:03

treaclefingers
JumpinJackOLantern
treaclefingers
JumpinJackOLantern
JumpinJackOLantern
seitan

OK the only thing worse than your original sarcasm, is you sarcastically defending the original sarcasm. Is it that you hate us? Mick, is that you?

Do you think this song may have been directed at Keith at the time?

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: March 7, 2013 23:09

JumpinJackOLantern
bv

Probably not with the use of the word "Stones", but I think he will definitely hook up with some younger musicians and carry on for years after the Stones are finished.

How about 'Mick Jagger And The Young Guns,' instead?

You mean with these guys? I'd go see that!

Jagger - vocals
Estevez and Sheen - guitars (two real brothers...can't beat that!)
Phillips - bass (he can do "La Bamba" during the set!)
Sutherland - drums
Mulroney - keyboards
Siemaszko - sax

Just think what Charlie Sheen would bring to the party every night!

I'm so there.

Date: March 7, 2013 23:20

will be more likely he will hook up with some 20 year old, sexy girls.

Jeroen

Date: March 7, 2013 23:59

JumpinJackOLantern
treaclefingers
JumpinJackOLantern
treaclefingers
JumpinJackOLantern
JumpinJackOLantern
seitan

Date: March 8, 2013 00:00

JumpinJackOLantern
treaclefingers
JumpinJackOLantern
treaclefingers
JumpinJackOLantern
JumpinJackOLantern
seitan

Probably not...if it had been directed at Keith, it'd been called "Let's NOT Work".

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: March 8, 2013 00:34

treaclefingers
JumpinJackOLantern
treaclefingers
JumpinJackOLantern
treaclefingers
JumpinJackOLantern
JumpinJackOLantern
seitan

Probably not...if it had been directed at Keith, it'd been called "Let's NOT Work".

Why? Keith hasn't worked for years ... it would be more appropriately titled as is!!

Posted by: talkcheap ()
Date: March 8, 2013 01:22

JumpinJackOLantern
I can't imagine the Rolling Stones (as a group) continuing past 2015, at the absolute latest. So what is the future going to look like?

I can see Charlie saying, "no more," very soon. And Keith? He seems OK at the moment, but I can't see him still performing three years from now.

What I can see is Mick continuing as a powerful force for at least another five to ten years. He seems forever young. Even when his "Jumpin Jack Flash days" are over he will still have his voice and moves - he can work a small space as good as any front man ever, with the one exception maybe being James Brown.

I can see Mick hooking up with some younger musicians at some point in the not too distant future. Maybe 'players" along the lines of a Jack White?

The future/new band: "Mick Jagger And The New Stones"

Yes, young fresh minds hooking up with the legendary Mick Jagger! New songs!

Would you follow such a band? Would you be OK with the name I have suggested for this new band? Would you consider them an extension of the Stones?

I think the New Mick Jagger and the old Stones would be better. With Michael Hutchence on vocals. But that's me

Date: March 8, 2013 01:24

LeonidP
treaclefingers
JumpinJackOLantern
treaclefingers
JumpinJackOLantern
treaclefingers
JumpinJackOLantern
JumpinJackOLantern
seitan

Why? Keith hasn't worked for years ... it would be more appropriately titled as is!!

You're right... "Let's NOT Work Together", was probably closer

Date: March 8, 2013 01:35

I'm on my way out to listen on some real rock and roll tonight in Switzerland!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-08 02:23 by talkcheap.

Date: March 8, 2013 01:37

talkcheap
I'm on my way out to listen on some real rock and roll tonight in Schwitzerland!

Holy Schwit!

Date: March 8, 2013 01:41

treaclefingers
talkcheap
I'm on my way out to listen on some real rock and roll tonight in Switzerland!

Holy Schwit!

They will be playing to early in the morning

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-08 01:45 by talkcheap.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1273
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home