Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7
Re: The Future: Mick Jagger And The New Stones?
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 6, 2013 19:28

seitan
JumpinJackOLantern
seitan
JumpinJackOLantern
I can't imagine the Rolling Stones (as a group) continuing past 2015, at the absolute latest. So what is the future going to look like?

I can see Charlie saying, "no more," very soon. And Keith? He seems OK at the moment, but I can't see him still performing three years from now.

What I can see is Mick continuing as a powerful force for at least another five to ten years. He seems forever young. Even when his "Jumpin Jack Flash days" are over he will still have his voice and moves - he can work a small space as good as any front man ever, with the one exception maybe being James Brown.

I can see Mick hooking up with some younger musicians at some point in the not too distant future. Maybe 'players" along the lines of a Jack White?

The future/new band: "Mick Jagger And The New Stones"

Yes, young fresh minds hooking up with the legendary Mick Jagger! New songs!

Would you follow such a band? Would you be OK with the name I have suggested for this new band? Would you consider them an extension of the Stones?

Without Keith and Charlie - it would never be the Stones. Mick has already started a new band Superheavy - and that's how crappy he is without Charlie and Keith. No, I dont need Superheavy oe any other Mick and the New Boys - cause Mick is nothing without the Stones. He needs Charlie and Keith and Ronnie.

So you think he is going to stop performing when the Stones end?

No.
I think when the Stones end - if Mick is still alive - he would make another crappy album that would be as "interesting" as the Superheavy album or his finest solo moment: the songLet's Work, - and I think nobody would give a damn, cause it would be crap. When Stones end - Mick will make crappy music, that's what I think.

Wow...for your sake, I hope you're not putting forth the best example of your thought processes.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: March 6, 2013 19:33

treaclefingers
seitan

I think when the Stones end - if Mick is still alive - he would make another crappy album that would be as "interesting" as the Superheavy album or his finest solo moment: the songLet's Work, - and I think nobody would give a damn, cause it would be crap. When Stones end - Mick will make crappy music, that's what I think.

Wow...for your sake, I hope you're not putting forth the best example of your thought processes.

>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 6, 2013 19:42

In any case, the "crappiness" of SuperHeavy is a matter of opinion. I'd rather see Mick do another project of this kind, which he clearly enjoyed, than some kind of Stones Mark II.

Date: March 6, 2013 19:49

seitan
Does this answer the questions of this thread:

Mick Jagger And The New Stones: - Let's suck
Lets ride on the Stones wave and make crap.

A terrific song with a great message! It's one that should be played in all schools today. Gave me goosebumps. Thanks for posting, I had forgotten what a great song it was. And, another electrifying performance by the greatest frontman of all time!

Date: March 6, 2013 19:55

JumpinJackOLantern
seitan

A terrific song with a great message! It's one that should be played in all schools today. Gave me goosebumps. Thanks for posting, I had forgotten what a great song it was. And, another electrifying performance by the greatest frontman of all time!

Just watched it again. Fantastic lyrics.

Date: March 6, 2013 20:04

Green Lady
In any case, the "crappiness" of SuperHeavy is a matter of opinion. I'd rather see Mick do another project of this kind, which he clearly enjoyed, than some kind of Stones Mark II.

Mick jagger would elevate just about any band he joined, including many of these "hot" bands of today. I would love to see him do more with the Foo Fighters and Arcade Fire. It's going to be fun watching him at 75 still acting like a teenager - what a fantastic inspiration Mick is to both young and old. He's the Jack LaLanne of rock 'n roll.

Date: March 6, 2013 20:11

JumpinJackOLantern
JumpinJackOLantern
seitan

Every lazy spoiled brat in the world should be forced to watch this video!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 6, 2013 20:13

JumpinJackOLantern
Green Lady

Mick jagger would elevate just about any band he joined, including many of these "hot" bands of today. I would love to see him do more with the Foo Fighters and Arcade Fire. It's going to be fun watching him at 75 still acting like a teenager - what a fantastic inspiration Mick is to both young and old. He's the Jack LaLanne of rock 'n roll.

Hmmm... if he's silly enough to take you seriously, it may turn out to be Mick who rolls over dead on stage one of these days. Keeping up with a band twenty years younger is an exercise best taken in small doses, especially if you have to maintain Mick's reputation for boundless energy.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: March 6, 2013 20:23

The fact that almost everyone here is under the impression that a Mick Jagger tour - (and I never said anything about the setlist, the age of the other musicians, size of venues, that's other people spinning their own un-favourable speculations on the idea) would be of no interest to anyone, and that I'm the idiot for saying otherwise... I'm going to take a few days off of iorr incase I also catch the Stupid Virus that's glaringly evident here. Wow.

[thepowergoats.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-06 20:24 by jamesfdouglas.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 6, 2013 20:34

Very few brats works for a living, Mr Lantern. They often live off their daddys gold express cards. Here in Sweden brats are especially known for a phenomena called "vaskning": They order two bottles of expensive champagne and lets the bartender spill one out in the sink. To impress other, less fortunate, brats and to affront ordinary working people.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: March 6, 2013 20:35

Green Lady
JumpinJackOLantern
Green Lady

Hmmm... if he's silly enough to take you seriously, it may turn out to be Mick who rolls over dead on stage one of these days. Keeping up with a band twenty years younger is an exercise best taken in small doses, especially if you have to maintain Mick's reputation for boundless energy.

I agree with you Green Lady,

I think what Mick has done on his own She's the boss, Primitive Cool and Superheavy - is what Mick really wants to do. In my opinion it's nowhere near as good as the stuff he has done with the Stones: Keith and Charlie. So, I dont see any reason why Mick's career would be any good after the Stones, - cause he wont make a great blues or rock n roll albums. It's just wont happen.

Remember the Red Devils blues project recordings - a great blues band and Mick didnt like it, - he didnt wanna release it at all. And he didnt. The Red Devils were far better than the stuff he decided to release at the time, He said NO to a great blues album and wanted to make comercial pop music instead. It wont never ever be as interesting as The Stones with Keith and Charlie..

Mick aint never gonna make blues or good rock n roll without the Stones, and he never has - remember that he didnt like Stones Voodoo Lounge album either -and that was a traditional Stonesy album, like it or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-06 20:56 by seitan.

Posted by: Shade ()
Date: March 6, 2013 20:52

Oh man, the things one reads here. Jagger a musical force into his 80's. Really? By that time, assuming he's still alive, does anybody think he's going to prance around in football pants and cape crooning Satisfaction? Who will be watching? I really think this will be the last hurrah. And one has to be in deep denial if they believe a solo Jagger album would be relevant or even successful. We all love the Stones but get serious. They're bordering on parody now. And when not performing together they're not that successful, see solo careers for reference.

Posted by: rambler44 ()
Date: March 6, 2013 20:54

proudmary
seitan, sorry to say this but you're stupid - I can't put it differently
I'd say Memo From Terner Mick's finest moment

[youtu.be]

or may be Evening Gown

[youtu.be]

and when Stones end Mick Jagger can perform his songs - his entire catalog - with Stones and solo.
but you'd like him to die along with the rest(perfomance wise) - like the wife of Pharaoh which were buried with him.

And why do you assume that when the Stones end Mick will be the only one performing. That is a ridiculous thought. Charlie will do his Jazz thing. Ronnie would finally get to do the Faces reunion with rod Stewart. And as for Keith? If you think that Keith Richards is going sit back on his ass in retirement while Mick Jagger is active you are out of your mind!

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: March 6, 2013 20:57

Shade
Oh man, the things one reads here. Jagger a musical force into his 80's. Really? By that time, assuming he's still alive, does anybody think he's going to prance around in football pants and cape crooning Satisfaction? Who will be watching? I really think this will be the last hurrah. And one has to be in deep denial if they believe a solo Jagger album would be relevant or even successful. We all love the Stones but get serious. They're bordering on parody now. And when not performing together they're not that successful, see solo careers for reference.

I agree !!! smileys with beer

Date: March 6, 2013 20:57

Stoneage
Very few brats works for a living, Mr Lantern. They often live off their daddys gold express cards. Here in Sweden brats are especially known for a phenomena called "vaskning": They order two bottles of expensive champagne and lets the bartender spill one out in the sink. To impress other, less fortunate, brats and to affront ordinary working people.

A clear case of poor parenting. Lots of that in our world today.

Date: March 6, 2013 20:59

Green Lady
JumpinJackOLantern
Green Lady

There are far worse ways to exit.

Date: March 6, 2013 21:06

seitan
Green Lady
JumpinJackOLantern
Green Lady

I agree with you Green Lady,

I think what Mick has done on his own She's the boss, Primitive Cool and Superheavy - is what Mick really wants to do. In my opinion it's nowhere near as good as the stuff he has done with the Stones: Keith and Charlie. So, I dont see any reason why Mick's career would be any good after the Stones, - cause he wont make a great blues or rock n roll albums. It's just wont happen.

Remember the Red Devils blues project recordings - a great blues band and Mick didnt like it, - he didnt wanna release it at all. And he didnt. The Red Devils were far better than the stuff he decided to release at the time, He said NO to a great blues album and wanted to make comercial pop music instead. It wont never ever be as interesting as The Stones with Keith and Charlie..

Mick aint never gonna make blues or good rock n roll without the Stones, and he never has - remember that he didnt like Stones Voodoo Lounge album either -and that was a traditional Stonesy album, like it or not.

I love all of Mick's solo stuff. If it makes you all feel better then how about: 'Mick Jagger And The Young Guns?'

Date: March 6, 2013 21:13

Shade

Nobody said anything about football pants and cape, crooning Satisfaction.

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: March 6, 2013 22:02

Green Lady
JumpinJackOLantern
Green Lady

Perhaps Mick should work with Ray Manzarek and Robbie Krieger in the Ian Astbury role.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 7, 2013 08:28

JumpinJackOLantern
Stoneage

Oh, it hurts to hear of wuch a waste of fine champagne! They really do that in Sweden?

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: March 7, 2013 08:32

JumpinJackOLantern
Stoneage

A clear case of poor parenting Snobbery.Lots of that in the world today.

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 7, 2013 08:42

Stoneage

"lets the bartender spill one out in the sink"

what the hell!!?

I find alcohol abuse of this type to be very very....
...very very sad, and I bet a beheading, or two, would solve it tootsweet!

Date: March 7, 2013 08:44

rambler44
proudmary
seitan, sorry to say this but you're stupid - I can't put it differently
I'd say Memo From Terner Mick's finest moment

[youtu.be]

or may be Evening Gown

[youtu.be]

and when Stones end Mick Jagger can perform his songs - his entire catalog - with Stones and solo.
but you'd like him to die along with the rest(perfomance wise) - like the wife of Pharaoh which were buried with him.

And why do you assume that when the Stones end Mick will be the only one performing. That is a ridiculous thought. Charlie will do his Jazz thing. Ronnie would finally get to do the Faces reunion with rod Stewart. And as for Keith? If you think that Keith Richards is going sit back on his ass in retirement while Mick Jagger is active you are out of your mind!

None of them will come close to having the musical impact that Mick will continue to have once the Stones are finished. Not that anyone knows the future but if something freaky doesn't happen Mick will most likely outlive the others by ten years or more. He's got longevity in his genes and has taken extra good care of himself for years. The same can't be said for Keith and Ronnie who have abused their minds and bodies relentlessly throughout the years. Having said that, watch Keith prove me wrong and outlive them all!

Posted by: leatherjacket ()
Date: March 7, 2013 09:45

Since he was successful only with stuff close to the Rolling Stones (Wandering Spirit) he can only survive by recruiting a new band and most important to leave Dave Stewart and Matt Clifford far behind.

Posted by: Turning To Gold ()
Date: March 7, 2013 16:51

I wish he would get out there and play the harp more. It's weird because he has so many other talents, but he is seriously one of THE best harmonica players currently around. It's almost a shame that he is in such better shape than the rest of the Stones. There is no question he can still "do it" onstage but the others cannot.

Date: March 7, 2013 16:59

Turning To Gold
I wish he would get out there and play the harp more. It's weird because he has so many other talents, but he is seriously one of THE best harmonica players currently around. It's almost a shame that he is in such better shape than the rest of the Stones. There is no question he can still "do it" onstage but the others cannot.

Absolutely! His father Barney Fife (Don Knotts) was also a great harp player!

Date: March 7, 2013 17:03

JumpinJackOLantern
Turning To Gold

Absolutely! His father Barney Fife (Don Knotts) was also a great harp player!

And Don was quite the ladies man, believe it, or not! Like father, like son!

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: March 7, 2013 18:02

JumpinJackOLantern
seitan

You really think this is a "great song" and an 'electrifying" performance? Wow. My description would replace "great" with "horrible" and "electrifying" with "embarassing."

The 80s weren't good for Mick. They just weren't. This is just crap with an '80s hairdo.

Date: March 7, 2013 18:25

JumpinJackOLantern
Green Lady

Something that he's aspired to be compared to I'm sure.

Date: March 7, 2013 18:28

JumpinJackOLantern
JumpinJackOLantern
seitan

Your sarcasm is sickens me.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 5 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1494
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home