Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: The Future: Mick Jagger And The New Stones?
Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: March 3, 2013 23:21

no one cares about him without the rest of the band...if they retire he will go the route of 'guest appearances' and awards shows doing medleys...the idea of trying to replace anyone in the band now is a joke...

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: March 4, 2013 00:01

Munichhilton
jamesfdouglas
corriecas
Not a lot of people are interested in things Jagger does, besides his work with the Stones.

Balls. To the general public he IS The Stones.
Mick Jagger solo tour. Bring it!
>grinning smiley<

james you're better than this

You're right, it's a bit overboard (I typed that under-caffinated).
But to say that NO ONE would go see a Mick Jagger solo show? Really???

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 4, 2013 00:07

It would depend on Jagger's motivation. He wasn't in particularly good shape at the White House, or as strong on SNL as he was after cracking the whip with the boys. He needs them to get to his apex as much as they need him. I think he's come to peace a long time ago that his solo work will never be on par with the Stones. But, that being said, if he found himself without the Stones because they disbanded, he might push himself to do one more big thing before he has to slow down with the years too.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: March 4, 2013 00:55

Unlike many on IORR I don't presume to read Mick's mind.

Re the White House and SNL, there's a huge difference on how a performer approaches a "small venue" like the White House or SNL TV studio and what that performer can do on a large stage in a stadium or arena.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 4, 2013 01:06

jamesfdouglas
Munichhilton
jamesfdouglas
corriecas
Not a lot of people are interested in things Jagger does, besides his work with the Stones.

>grinning smiley<

You're right, it's a bit overboard (I typed that under-caffinated).
But to say that NO ONE would go see a Mick Jagger solo show? Really???

He could fill a 3000 seater for sure. I agree. Unless its Japan...they love his solo crap...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 4, 2013 01:57

Munichhilton
jamesfdouglas
corriecas

>grinning smiley<

He's from Ottawa

Date: March 4, 2013 03:05

stonesrule

Re the White House and SNL, there's a huge difference on how a performer approaches a "small venue" like the White House or SNL TV studio and what that performer can do on a large stage in a stadium or arena.

Well, he was either ill, or way out of stage shape when he played the White House. The difference between that Jagger and the creature on the the December 15th PPV is startling. Ronnie, and to a lesser degree, Charlie, started the rehearsals of much firmer footing. Keith still wasn't right by the PPV.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 4, 2013 07:31

24FPS
stonesrule

Well, he was either ill, or way out of stage shape when he played the White House. The difference between that Jagger and the creature on the the December 15th PPV is startling. Ronnie, and to a lesser degree, Charlie, started the rehearsals of much firmer footing. Keith still wasn't right by the PPV.

Since when is SNL's national TV audience a small venue?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: March 4, 2013 08:08

JumpinJackOLantern
I can't imagine the Rolling Stones (as a group) continuing past 2015, at the absolute latest. So what is the future going to look like?

I can see Charlie saying, "no more," very soon. And Keith? He seems OK at the moment, but I can't see him still performing three years from now.

What I can see is Mick continuing as a powerful force for at least another five to ten years. He seems forever young. Even when his "Jumpin Jack Flash days" are over he will still have his voice and moves - he can work a small space as good as any front man ever, with the one exception maybe being James Brown.

I can see Mick hooking up with some younger musicians at some point in the not too distant future. Maybe 'players" along the lines of a Jack White?

The future/new band: "Mick Jagger And The New Stones"

Yes, young fresh minds hooking up with the legendary Mick Jagger! New songs!

Would you follow such a band? Would you be OK with the name I have suggested for this new band? Would you consider them an extension of the Stones ?

confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley ...........

I know it's a Monday morning n' all that, but f**k me .... I've never read anything quite as stupid as this as part of the morning ritual at the start of a new week. Jeez ..............

Are you sure you're not a little sleep deprived or something, rough weekend perhaps ? Or have you just taken complete leave of your senses ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 4, 2013 08:42

Mick Jagger and the New Stones:

2 1 2 0

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 4, 2013 09:37

Come On

Yes, but who's the boss?

Date: March 4, 2013 09:46

stonehearted
Come On

Yes, but who's the boss?

Still Charlie.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 4, 2013 10:15

Hahahahaha Please take your medicine, you are not from this planet.

jeroen

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: March 4, 2013 10:29

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
jamesfdouglas
corriecas

>grinning smiley<

He's from Ottawa

That's in Kansas isn't it?

Posted by: Tantekäthe ()
Date: March 4, 2013 12:59

appropriate name would be:

Bumford & Sons

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 4, 2013 13:46

He's from Ottawa[/quote]

That's in Kansas isn't it?[/quote]

Lol, it actually is, well I have heard it is,
I have never been there, so I can not tesify to it...
but there is mapping evidence heretofore [maps.google.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-04 13:48 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: March 4, 2013 15:02

stonehearted
Come On

Yes, but who's the boss?

She's the Boss

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: March 4, 2013 15:09

Max'sKansasCity
He's from Ottawa

I knew it.

They even have an airport.

They need to copyright the name before some northerners steal it.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-04 15:10 by GravityBoy.

Posted by: Long John Stoner ()
Date: March 4, 2013 15:26

JumpinJackOLantern
I can't imagine the Rolling Stones (as a group) continuing past 2015, at the absolute latest. So what is the future going to look like?

I can see Charlie saying, "no more," very soon. And Keith? He seems OK at the moment, but I can't see him still performing three years from now.

What I can see is Mick continuing as a powerful force for at least another five to ten years. He seems forever young. Even when his "Jumpin Jack Flash days" are over he will still have his voice and moves - he can work a small space as good as any front man ever, with the one exception maybe being James Brown.

I can see Mick hooking up with some younger musicians at some point in the not too distant future. Maybe 'players" along the lines of a Jack White?

Would you follow such a band? Would you be OK with the name I have suggested for this new band? Would you consider them an extension of the Stones?

What you're talking about is also called his solo career, and whatever you want to call the phase that has produced Superheavy, all of which can arguably be labeled less than inspiring.

For whatever reason, Jagger on his own just never clicked. Comparatively speaking, as a solo artist, McCartney is immeasurably more successful. Lennon might have been, we'll never know. As a solo artist, Jagger is more than Ringo, which makes him George Harrison, more or less. and I'm talking the public's interest and response, not anything else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-04 15:29 by Long John Stoner.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 4, 2013 15:40

Jagger solo is always a bomb! Look at his movie career!!confused smiley Even SNL and The White House events weren't great. Oh, with the exception of SNL in '77 (or was it '78??). The one where Jagger says "tell me, Tom" and they do "cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger". Mayor Ed Koch was the host.

cool smiley

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 4, 2013 17:09

Cocaine Eyes
Jagger solo is always a bomb! Look at his movie career!!confused smiley Even SNL and The White House events weren't great. Oh, with the exception of SNL in '77 (or was it '78??). The one where Jagger says "tell me, Tom" and they do "cheeseburger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger". Mayor Ed Koch was the host.

cool smiley

Also the tampon sketch he was in was very funny...

Date: March 4, 2013 17:52

GravityBoy
Max'sKansasCity
He's from Ottawa

I knew it.

seems we have an absolutely brutal reputation!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 4, 2013 18:00

treaclefingers
GravityBoy
Max'sKansasCity
He's from Ottawa

I knew it.

We're pretty sure you're all either Bob's or Doug's...sometimes it's hard to tell

Date: March 4, 2013 18:07

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
GravityBoy
Max'sKansasCity
He's from Ottawa

I knew it.

We're pretty sure you're all either Bob's or Doug's...sometimes it's hard to tell

Sometimes we can be Geddy too....depends on the weather.

Posted by: elunsi ()
Date: March 4, 2013 18:07

Cocaine Eyes

cool smiley

really always?
[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: talkcheap ()
Date: March 4, 2013 19:15

He already done it; the group is called Super Heavy. And I think he done it in the 90:s and the group that helped him was the Red Devils.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 4, 2013 19:21

Whatever. Everything past 1982 has been artificial respiration anyway...

Posted by: Shade ()
Date: March 4, 2013 19:46

If he's not standing next to Keith, there really is nothing interesting about Mick Jagger. That's why it's special when the Stones are rolling. A stone alone is like bread without butter.

Date: March 4, 2013 20:05

Paul McCartney's solo career has arguably been the most successful because he's a hell of a musician. Mick's a good harp player, but his guitar playing seems to have been taken up just so he could show the others how to play his compositions. We've already had Mick and some 'ersatz' Stones. I can see Mick performing occassionally with whatever superstars are still alive, but a tour on his own? With Mick playing Mick songs with some nobodys? Not a major event.

Date: March 4, 2013 20:26

paulywaul
JumpinJackOLantern

Would you follow such a band? Would you be OK with the name I have suggested for this new band? Would you consider them an extension of the Stones ?

confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley ...........

I know it's a Monday morning n' all that, but f**k me .... I've never read anything quite as stupid as this as part of the morning ritual at the start of a new week. Jeez ..............

Are you sure you're not a little sleep deprived or something, rough weekend perhaps ? Or have you just taken complete leave of your senses ?

The reality is that the Rolling Stones are coming to an end either (at the earliest) at the end of this year, or, at the absolute latest, the end of 2015.

Mick Jagger will then be free to pursue a life (once and for all) without the Rolling Stones. That "one hundred pound chain" (Keith Richards) that he has been carrying around his neck for decades will finally come off. Mick will still have a lot of mileage left in him. He should be able to keep his voice and "moves" beyond the age of 75, maybe even into his early 80's. When I say "moves" I don't mean running from one end of a stage to the other. I am talking about standing in one spot and moving his hips - he is most effective in a small area.

Mick Jagger isn't suddenly going to disappear once the Stones come to an end. He is going to be seeking the limelight until the day he dies. I fully expect him to hook up with some younger musicians and keep right on rolling.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 919
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home