Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones Gear Book
Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: March 1, 2013 10:43

[www.guitaraficionado.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-22 16:52 by bv.

Re: Stones gear guide comming in Sept.
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: March 1, 2013 10:55

Nice

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: March 1, 2013 11:45

Great!
But Im very sceptical to the accuracy and whether it actually will be released this fall. It has been postponed forever. And with Stones new summer thing in the works, I can not understand why they won´t wait a bit and include that. (With the new gear stuff happening in London/New Jersey I would assume more new things will occur.)

Date: March 1, 2013 11:52

Been waiting for this book forever. It has been pushed back so man y times.
But myself I am not worried too much about inaccuracies. Of course no one will get 50 years of picking up guitars by a bunch of other guys exactly right, but Andy Babiuk and Greg Prevost are huge Stonesfans, and about as good as anyone I can think of to do this book.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: March 1, 2013 11:56

Palace Revolution 2000
Andy Babiuk and Greg Prevost are huge Stonesfans, and about as good as anyone I can think of to do this book.

Thats a relief smiling smiley

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 1, 2013 12:01

Cool

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: March 1, 2013 12:04

Dear Santa...........

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 1, 2013 14:20

That book has been announced for a long time.

Posted by: ash ()
Date: March 1, 2013 16:13

Their Beatle gear guide is essential. If the Stones book is half as good it will be fantastic. Looking forward to it.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 1, 2013 16:15

ash
Their Beatle gear guide is essential. If the Stones book is half as good it will be fantastic. Looking forward to it.

I've heard it will be half as good.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: March 1, 2013 20:04

Which fall? bhfo - before Hell freezes over or after? hot smiley

[listverse.com]

It's done when it's done! eye rolling smiley

Posted by: gibsonman ()
Date: March 1, 2013 21:21

Santa will be to late to be the first to bring this to my home. This will be a present from me, to me. In september!!! smiling smiley

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: September 4, 2013 17:46

The official release date for the Rolling Stones Gear book is Tuesday October 29th, 2013. It’s taken 9 years to finish this mammoth 700-page book and I thank The Rolling Stones as well as the hundreds of people who helped make this historic document possible. The book is now available for preorder on Amazon or at your favorite bookseller.

Overview

ROLLING STONES GEAR is the first book to historically document all of the Rolling Stones’ musical equipment. It’s also the story of The Rolling Stones, but with a new twist: their history as told through the instruments they used. The book covers not only the group’s personal background, but also every tour and studio session from their inception in 1962 to date, with detailed documentation illustrating what instruments and equipment were used during these periods. Every song recorded by the band, including demos and out-takes are also documented, with input from within the Stones’ ranks as well as from people who were involved with the band. The lavishly illustrated book contains hundreds of photographs and rare images, many of which have never been published, including The Rolling Stones’ actual guitars and equipment, which were specially photographed for this book and are seen for the first time. Whether you are a musician, a Stones fan or just the casual reader, you will learn many new facts about the band from their monumental fifty-year existence.

Date: September 4, 2013 18:09

thumbs up

Can`t wait.... smiling smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 4, 2013 18:37

gibsonman
thumbs up

Well I can, because I have been, for what seems like forever...

But I'd rather not wait any longer, please.

Posted by: Shantipole ()
Date: September 4, 2013 19:13

It's funny because I am a total gearhead but the Stones are one band where I never really seem to be interested in their gear. Keith Richards loves his guitars for sure but I always had the impression that amps and effects were never a priority for him. I mean in the mid-seventies they signed a deal with Ampeg for their amplifiers which I always thought odd since Ampeg is primarily known for their bass amps.

Still, I will most probably get this book as I have the Beatles one and it is very cool.

Date: September 4, 2013 20:13

Green Lady
gibsonman
thumbs up

Well I can, because I have been, for what seems like forever...

But I'd rather not wait any longer, please.

Agree, but those who wait for something good.... cool smiley

Date: September 4, 2013 20:26

Shantipole
It's funny because I am a total gearhead but the Stones are one band where I never really seem to be interested in their gear. Keith Richards loves his guitars for sure but I always had the impression that amps and effects were never a priority for him. I mean in the mid-seventies they signed a deal with Ampeg for their amplifiers which I always thought odd since Ampeg is primarily known for their bass amps.

Still, I will most probably get this book as I have the Beatles one and it is very cool.

That`s the same impression I have about KR. But I also find it interesting that he can play with such a raw and nice sound without lots of effects.He has made his own sound just with the use of the amps it seems. But maybe this book will reveal something new to me regarding his sound..

Someday soon I hope to get to see the movie "it might get loud" with Jack White, The Edge and Jimmy Page. Three guitar players with different views on the use of guitareffects. Of what I have seen so far from that movie it seems J.White uses very little effects, much the same as KR. And I like it cool smiley Real rocknroll is dry sound right from the amp. But still, it sure sounds good with some effects now and then...

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: September 5, 2013 14:53

Is there going to be a limited number of copies?

Posted by: Shantipole ()
Date: September 5, 2013 19:17

gibsonman
Shantipole

That`s the same impression I have about KR. But I also find it interesting that he can play with such a raw and nice sound without lots of effects.He has made his own sound just with the use of the amps it seems. But maybe this book will reveal something new to me regarding his sound..

Someday soon I hope to get to see the movie "it might get loud" with Jack White, The Edge and Jimmy Page. Three guitar players with different views on the use of guitareffects. Of what I have seen so far from that movie it seems J.White uses very little effects, much the same as KR. And I like it cool smiley Real rocknroll is dry sound right from the amp. But still, it sure sounds good with some effects now and then...

It Might Get Loud is great!

I always appreciated the fact that Keith Richard's sound is in his fingers, not in the effects or guitars he uses. I know he loves Telecasters through a Fender Twin Reverb and I believe the signal goes through clean. I don't think many people study him as they would Clapton or Page mainly I think because Keef is all about the groove which is something you can't teach.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: September 5, 2013 22:51

Well alright! Mingsubu, this is not a limited edition book such as one sees from Genesis publications. Looks affordable to me: Stones Gear

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: September 5, 2013 23:54

Shantipole
gibsonman
Shantipole

I always appreciated the fact that Keith Richard's sound is in his fingers, not in the effects or guitars he uses. I know he loves Telecasters through a Fender Twin Reverb and I believe the signal goes through clean. I don't think many people study him as they would Clapton or Page mainly I think because Keef is all about the groove which is something you can't teach.

Might get loud is available on youtube for free.

C

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: September 6, 2013 00:38

Crikey! 700 pages. That's somethin' fer me!

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: September 6, 2013 00:42

Shantipole

Yeah, the Stones is not a "gear group" in the sense that they played on very special equipment. Keith's Telecaster "Micawber" is a bit iconic, but they all played on a lot of "random" guitars and basses, and you don't need very specific gear to play their music. But from a historic and aesthetic viewpoint it makes for a lot of interesting reading, if you like vintage guitars and stuff.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: September 6, 2013 00:45

LieB
Crikey! 700 pages. That's somethin' fer me!

Hardback too. thumbs up

Date: September 6, 2013 01:06

liddas
Shantipole
gibsonman
Shantipole

Might get loud is available on youtube for free.

C

Yes, I know it is available. My problem is that my internet sucks and has done for some weeks, so I have to wait to see it untill it is fixed.
Shantipole: I agree, KR is the riffmaster. Guitarplayers as The Edge is not, but he makes good music with help from effects. I personally like the sound from just the guitar and the amp, and I worship KR`s sound. I also like to hear the difference in the sound from the different guitars. Too many effects ruins that possibility I think. I hope this book will tell which guitars and amps that was used in different recordings

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: September 25, 2013 12:59

Link please?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2411
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home