Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: OT: Horse Meat
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 1, 2013 01:04

VT22
I wonder if cannibalism is morally wrong. Any opinions?

Kiss my a...oh, wait, don't!

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: March 1, 2013 01:53

treaclefingers
VT22

I am a vegetarian, find someone else to kiss your a..

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 1, 2013 01:53

Max'sKansasCity
Horse meat is perfect meat, better than beef.

Some peoples will eat anything... dogs, cats, crickets, slugs, dirt... and claim it is all better than beef.

Spam

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 1, 2013 02:02

The Sicilian
Max'sKansasCity

Some peoples will eat anything... dogs, cats, crickets, slugs, dirt... and claim it is all better than beef.

Spam

A whole new category...omnivore, carnivore, vegitarianavore, spamavore...my dog eats plastic too.

Date: March 1, 2013 02:16

Munichhilton
The Sicilian
Max'sKansasCity

Spam

A whole new category...omnivore, carnivore, vegitarianavore, spamavore...my dog eats plastic too.

Horsefeathers!

Date: March 1, 2013 02:20

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
The Sicilian
Max'sKansasCity

Spam

Horsefeathers!

What the pluck?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 1, 2013 02:24

The Sicilian
Max'sKansasCity

Spam

Make sure to note that it was Mathijs who wrongly claims that Horse meat is perfect meat, better than beef.

I think Cow is the perfect meat, but I am tired of talking about it.

I would NOT (knowingly) eat horse, nor would I eat dog or cat or even catfish... as a rule I dont not eat any fish that has bones smaller than a toothpick.

btw- Spam is pig meat.... I dont eat spam either.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-01 02:26 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 1, 2013 02:29

Ya'll are starting to make me queasy...I'm beginning to think BV is right, no more food talk for me...ugh.

Date: March 1, 2013 02:31

VT22
treaclefingers
VT22

I was going to say arugula but whatever!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 1, 2013 02:37

Morrissey: Paul McCartney Should Return His Knighthood

In a new interview with the Hollywood Reporter, Morrissey said that Paul McCartney should give back his knighthood if he truly believes in causes like animal rights. The former Beatle recently expressed dismay that Los Angeles' Staples Center would go meat-free (at least partially) for Morrissey's upcoming concert there, despite the venue turning down his own request – a fact Moz found rather amusing.

"Really, he should be happy for any victory on behalf of the animals," said Morrissey. "I know he works tirelessly for the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals [PETA], but he also loves the British royals, whose treatment of animals is abysmal. The Queen herself wears enough fur to blanket most of Russia. . . If he cared passionately about animals, he'd return his knighthood. He doesn't need the Queen's approval. He's given more pleasure to people worldwide than she could ever dream of."

Along with his Staples Center request, Morrissey's vehement vegetarianism led him to cancel a rare TV appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live!, as the episode's other scheduled guests were the stars of the A&E reality show Duck Dynasty, who make products for duck hunting.

Taken from: music.yahoo.com/news/morrissey-paul-mccartney-return-knighthood-213000650-rolling-stone.html

Date: March 1, 2013 03:21

treaclefingers
VT22
treaclefingers
VT22

Well done sir

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 1, 2013 03:24

Now on to rug munching....

Date: March 1, 2013 04:45

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
VT22
treaclefingers
VT22

Well done sir

I've gone to the finest finishing schools on the East coast. It's to be expected.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: March 1, 2013 07:47

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
treaclefingers
VT22
treaclefingers
VT22

Well done sir

I've gone to the finest finishing schools on the East coast. It's to be expected.

In what sense are you finished after these schools?

Finished with dinner?

Finished with life?

A citizen of Finland.

It's so confusing these days and I'm got a bowl of confusion.

Date: March 1, 2013 10:27

I got a bowl of popcorn... all popped... and stuff

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 1, 2013 10:35

angry smiley Don't eat us up!

2 1 2 0

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: March 1, 2013 10:38

Come On

That's a normal sized horse.

That kid is really big!!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: March 1, 2013 11:01

GravityBoy
Come On

That's a normal sized horse.

That kid is really big!!

Yeah, he's a Penguins-Fan...grinning smiley

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: March 1, 2013 11:11

The French eat horse anyway!

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: March 1, 2013 12:50

nanker phelge

Chinese eat dog, so if Tesco happens to recycle old sick dogs from the streets into meat for some of its ready-meals, that’s not a big deal…. After all, with that many stupid consumers at the end who don’t care about what they eat, why would they not do that ??

Date: March 1, 2013 12:52

Mathjis, it’s all over the news because no one knows what’s in their food any more. Some people (like some on this board) obviously don’t care whether they eat some free-range beef or a mixture of old Romanian horse sold by gypsies because it was sick, and god knows what else; but some people still do care.

And no one knows what’s in their food anymore because free-markets rules result in completely absurd situation where you need a computer, a team of 5 investigators to find out what’s in your plate because it went through traders, suppliers, meat plants in separate countries, from different animals all around the world.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: March 1, 2013 16:32

Nothing wrong with horse meat in itself. But when the producers avoid to inform that is was horse meat - then we can't either trust the quality.

'Cause horses that have been treated with medicals (most of them) are banned to be food to humans. The same with horses that have been put to sleep before an operation.

Date: March 1, 2013 16:46

GravityBoy
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
treaclefingers
VT22
treaclefingers
VT22

Well done sir

In what sense are you finished after these schools?

Finished with dinner?

Finished with life?

A citizen of Finland.

It's so confusing these days and I'm got a bowl of confusion.

Well, that certainly makes one of you.

You're finished GravityBoy, through. You'll never work in this town again.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: March 2, 2013 21:41

Taco Bell joins Europe's horse meat parade

"Tainted beef has been found in the chain's UK meat supplies as continuing discoveries take a toll on overall hamburger meat sales."

www.msn.com

Date: March 3, 2013 09:13

uhbuhgullayew
Taco Bell joins Europe's horse meat parade

"Tainted beef has been found in the chain's UK meat supplies as continuing discoveries take a toll on overall hamburger meat sales."

www.msn.com

It is going to be interesting to see how this all plays out, because as of right now, it makes very little sense.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 3, 2013 14:47

nanker phelge

... and they adore Jerry Lewis?

WRONG! Horse meat is like 1% of the total amount of meat eaten in France...

and JL is hardly remembered here. Please upgrade your list of prejudices! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: JamesPhelge00 ()
Date: March 3, 2013 15:27

It was reported to the UK Govt 2 yearts ago, that horsemeat was in the UK food chain - and nothing was done.

The food industry is constantly saying they carry out regular checks on food production - so that seems an obvious lie. All of a sudden we have _every_ major supermarket across Europe reporting they have horse being sold as beef. All these time and all these checks - and NO ONE knew anything...?? Someone is lying!

The 100% Beeef label now means:- Your burger contains 5% beef that is genuine 100% beef. The other 95% of the burger is some other crap....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-03-03 17:44 by JamesPhelge00.

Date: March 3, 2013 17:30

dcba
nanker phelge

WRONG! Horse meat is like 1% of the total amount of meat eaten in France...

Yes, so we do eat horse meat as said by nanker phelge... eye rolling smiley

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 3, 2013 20:36

I don't get Ikea's "tainted" meatballs. I thought that the Scandanavian countries ate horse, no? I know that when I was there, I had a wonderful reindeer stew, and someone mentioned that they can also use horse with that recipe (maybe I'm remembering incorrectly). I think it's common in Germany and Brussels also, correct?

In Japan, it isn't too common, but there is no negative reaction to it - it's a regional delicacy (mountain areas). The first time I ate it, I was in a five-star hotel in one of the mountain regions of Japan, and when dinner was served, I saw what I thought was Japanese beef sashimi (which is absolutely amazing). But, when I bit into it, it was gamey - it had that metallic aftertaste that venison does. I asked and it was horse meat - served raw cut in thin slices and eaten with soy sauce. I didn't really care for it, but it wasn't inedible.

Date: March 3, 2013 21:15

drbryant
I don't get Ikea's "tainted" meatballs. I thought that the Scandanavian countries ate horse, no? I know that when I was there, I had a wonderful reindeer stew, and someone mentioned that they can also use horse with that recipe (maybe I'm remembering incorrectly). I think it's common in Germany and Brussels also, correct?

In Japan, it isn't too common, but there is no negative reaction to it - it's a regional delicacy (mountain areas). The first time I ate it, I was in a five-star hotel in one of the mountain regions of Japan, and when dinner was served, I saw what I thought was Japanese beef sashimi (which is absolutely amazing). But, when I bit into it, it was gamey - it had that metallic aftertaste that venison does. I asked and it was horse meat - served raw cut in thin slices and eaten with soy sauce. I didn't really care for it, but it wasn't inedible.

Have you ever tasted IKEA meatballs?? I thought it was general knowledge they were tainted. The horse meat thing threw me though.

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 4 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1957
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home