Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Grrrrr...still in the top forty in UK & the World charts..
Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: February 21, 2013 23:31

How many sales?....beetween one and two millions.?????

Re: Grrrrr...still in the top forty in UK & the World charts..
Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: February 22, 2013 01:57

Still top 40 in the UK after 15 weeks, by far the best performance of the album worldwide, in the US it's already out of the top 200 and has sold less than 170.000 copies there.
The album has sold around 1.2 million copies wordwide, more than 300.000 in the UK alone.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: February 22, 2013 02:56

Strange how much it all changed!
In the 70's most Stones albums went straight to No.1 in the US and above all it was their biggest and most important market by far. Most of their records were sold in the USA.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 22, 2013 08:07

CousinC
Strange how much it all changed!
In the 70's most Stones albums went straight to No.1 in the US and above all it was their biggest and most important market by far. Most of their records were sold in the USA.

There have been a load of fantastic changes through the years but this is not one of them.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: February 22, 2013 08:39

Hi georgelicks. do you have any sales figues from germany?.. they sold there ca.250000 in the first 8 weeks. So, I really doubt that sold only 1,2 mil. so far.

Posted by: leatherjacket ()
Date: February 22, 2013 17:27

I doubt 1.2
In germany must be morab than 400.000, 300.000 UK, 170.000 US. Scandinavia, Holland, France, rest of europe and South America must be more than 300 K.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: February 23, 2013 16:40

Maybe we are smartening up over here in ths States. Why would we need these songs again???? We have them all over and over. GRRRRR is the least worthwhile project that they have ever released. 40 Licks was worthwile because it was the first time that ABCKO and the later stuff was on one package. But then to do the same thing with the same songs ten years later was a waste and a missed opportunity to introduce a new generation of fans to other songs in the back catalog. If they put some thought and effort into this they could have done something really cool for 50 years but they did not. That said the only reason I own GRRRR is my kids gave it to me for Christmas.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 23, 2013 17:53

slew
Maybe we are smartening up over here in ths States. Why would we need these songs again???? We have them all over and over. GRRRRR is the least worthwhile project that they have ever released. 40 Licks was worthwile because it was the first time that ABCKO and the later stuff was on one package. But then to do the same thing with the same songs ten years later was a waste and a missed opportunity to introduce a new generation of fans to other songs in the back catalog. If they put some thought and effort into this they could have done something really cool for 50 years but they did not. That said the only reason I own GRRRR is my kids gave it to me for Christmas.

Forty Licks was worthwhile because it was the new ABKCO Remasters on that! They should have just updated Forty Licks, changed some of the songs, and reissued it with the two new tracks, seeing that one of the issues of GRRR is only 40 tracks. Why even make that available? If you want GRRR you get the 50 track edition or you can get the 80 track edition. But 40? They already did that.

Problem with the price of the 50 track 3 disc GRRR? Then reducce the price. Geez, it's not like putting a man on Mars.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 23, 2013 17:57

Ah, yes, in the U.S. it used to matter - because... it used to matter. Which is funny, seeing how the U.S. fan base of most bands is all about the greatest hits these days. GRRR? Huh? I have (enter previous hits compilation(s) here). It's sold less than A Bigger Bang! What a surprise.

With the Stones, it's all been done so many times it's just... STOP. Enough.

Posted by: Masseolle51 ()
Date: February 23, 2013 19:48

US doesn´t matter that much anymore!

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: February 23, 2013 20:26

Masseolle51

According to Billboard The Stones sold 1.8 million digital downloads in the US in 2012.
For a 50 year old band that only released 2 songs in 2012, I think that's a healthy number.

Date: March 7, 2013 21:55

BowieStone
Masseolle51

According to Billboard The Stones sold 1.8 million digital downloads in the US in 2012.
For a 50 year old band that only released 2 songs in 2012, I think that's a healthy number.

Considering how big their catalogue is, and the fact that there are 2 new songs there, I think it's a bit low. I'd llike to see how that compares to some of their peers.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: March 7, 2013 22:28

1.8 m digitals ...plus how much CDs...??

Date: March 7, 2013 22:32

jp.M
1.8 m digitals ...plus how much CDs...??

good question...although I think digitals would now dwarf CDs, no?

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: March 10, 2013 02:49

yea stones are still rocking the fans in usa need to pay the mortage and house hold bills no jobs no grrr

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2679
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home