Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: E. Clapton "slowhand" super deluxe bargain
Posted by: tomk ()
Date: February 14, 2013 02:56

A bit OT, but I just found this clip of Clapton and George Harrison with Delaney and Bonnie. Interesting stuff.

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: February 15, 2013 14:44

Munichhilton
1cdog
T&A
drbryant
I didn't initially like Clapton after 461 Ocean Blvd., but those albums have aged well. 461 and Slowhand are the best, but "minor" efforts like No Reason to Cry and Backless sound great on a Sunday morning - warm and comfortable. Nothing wrong with that.

i love you, man. and may i offer there's one in every crowd and another ticket for further listening enjoyment?

Agree with both of you. Take a listen to "Floating Bridge","Black Rose" or "Blow Wind Blow" all great stuff off of Another Ticket. Such an inspiration - thanks for mentioning it! I'm gonna go get the CD right now and play it. It's been out of rotation way too long at my house.

If I mention Live Alive would you consider listening to it over this Another Ticket LP business?

Hard to say.........

Different strokes for different folks.......

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: June 25, 2013 19:11

Finally got this box.....for free. Brilliant package, well worth whatever it costed. Rolling Stones would have charged $400 for a box like this. I must say....the "bonus tracks" are quite boring; apart from the very last one. But the DVD, featuring that 1977 concert is terrific.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 25, 2013 19:18

I noticed you need a 'fast hand' to get the bargoon, as the price has almost doubled.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 25, 2013 22:17

It's an OK album but nothing special which is probably why it didn't sell too well and why they're selling it off cheap now.

Date: June 27, 2013 08:39

Silver Dagger
It's an OK album but nothing special which is probably why it didn't sell too well and why they're selling it off cheap now.

It's a "relaxed" album for sure, but certainly a classic
Next Time You See Her and The Core is difficult to match....

Date: June 27, 2013 08:52

Silver Dagger

slowhand is claptons biggest selling studio album as a solo artist other than from the cradle which has slightly outsold slowhand. more than likely from the cradle sold so much because the mtv unplugged album released 2 years before from the cradle was so hugely popluar.

Date: June 27, 2013 09:42

keefriffhard4life
Silver Dagger

slowhand is claptons biggest selling studio album as a solo artist other than from the cradle which has slightly outsold slowhand. more than likely from the cradle sold so much because the mtv unplugged album released 2 years before from the cradle was so hugely popluar.

I'm really surprised at that. Obviously the general populace digs Clapton more for rock lite rather than for being an effervescent guitar showman.

Date: June 27, 2013 09:47

Silver Dagger
keefriffhard4life
Silver Dagger

I'm really surprised at that. Obviously the general populace digs Clapton more for rock lite rather than for being an effervescent guitar showman.

Clapton was down and out in the 70s, so it's a wonder he managed to pull off the Slowhand album. It features no brilliant guitarplaying, but it's still a terrific album.....Exile On Main Street, for inatnce, doesn't feature any brilliant guitar playing either....

Clapton didn't really get it together (guitarplaying-wise) before 1988 in my opinion.....

Date: June 27, 2013 09:59

Silver Dagger
keefriffhard4life
Silver Dagger

you do know one of the reasons clapton went solo in the 1st place was to escape some of the "guitar god" fame and focus more on songwriting. his solo albums in the 70's rarely feature white hot guitar playing

Date: June 27, 2013 10:00

Erik_Snow
Silver Dagger
keefriffhard4life
Silver Dagger

Clapton was down and out in the 70s, so it's a wonder he managed to pull off the Slowhand album. It features no brilliant guitarplaying, but it's still a terrific album.....Exile On Main Street, for inatnce, doesn't feature any brilliant guitar playing either....

Clapton didn't really get it together (guitarplaying-wise) before 1988 in my opinion.....

To tell you the truth (Tell The Truth!) Erik I only really like the 1st album, 461 Ocean Boulevard, Pilgrim and Unplugged of his solo albums with a few songs in between. The rest I find most of his stuff lacking a bite. Perhaps you can recommend some other albums by him. Maybe I'm missing something.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-06-27 11:44 by Silver Dagger.

Date: June 27, 2013 10:10

Silver Dagger
Erik_Snow
Silver Dagger
keefriffhard4life
Silver Dagger

To tell you the truth (Tell The Truth!) Eric I only really like the 1st album, 461 Ocean Boulevard, Pilgrim and Unplugged of his solo albums with a few songs in between. The rest I find most of his stuff lacking a bite. Perhaps you can recommend some other albums by him. Maybe I'm missing something.

Eric Clapton is a wierd artist.....I don't like his records, either! - apart from his 70s outputs. Pilgrim is very lame, compared to the live reneditions of the same songs
He has released so many boring records; while he only shines in concert!

And when he does release a live album, like "One More Car One More Rider".....it has a such a sterile/bass-like sound that it's impossible to enjoy

I would recommend "bootleg recordings" of Eric Clapton, Silver Dagger. If you are familiar with downloading from torrent-sites, I could help you.....you'd be astonished on how good EC really could be. Puts the official albums to shame

Date: June 27, 2013 10:13

from the cradle , unplugged and journeyman are the only post 70's clapton albums where i like the entire album

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: June 27, 2013 11:34

Munichhilton

Nicely ironed trousers.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: June 27, 2013 15:03

Erik_Snow
Silver Dagger
keefriffhard4life
Silver Dagger

remember john mayall's bluesbreakers, CREAM !

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1670
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home