Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: Super Bowl XLVII half-time entertainment
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 3, 2013 22:45

Apparently it's Beyoncé. Let's hope for a major wardrobe malfunction then?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-04 01:46 by Stoneage.

Re: OT: Super Bowl XLVII half time entertainment
Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: February 3, 2013 22:53

Half time entertainment and Beyonce. Kind of an oxymoron.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 3, 2013 22:57

Super Bowl 47. Wow, that makes me feel old. I remember the first one.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: February 3, 2013 23:02

They have exhausted all the great music acts and there doesn't seem to be many great acts on the horizon. They need to go in a different direction. Why not have somebody like Seinfeld or Ray Romano do stand up comedy at half time? It will appeal to more people than Beyonce.

Date: February 3, 2013 23:14

Lip-synching or live? I go for lip-synching. If it was good enough for the President it's good enough now. Don't you think?

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: February 3, 2013 23:19

Stoneage
Lip-synching or live? I go for lip-synching. If it was good enough for the President it's good enough now. Don't you think?

Yup, it seems to be perfectly acceptable now, if not applauded. There wasn't much outrage about her inauguration "performance" - and those who did point it out were criticized for even bringing it up.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: February 3, 2013 23:23

If she isn't going to serve up an all out wardrobe malfunction, they might as
well have a iPod set up on a little dock stand for the music.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: February 3, 2013 23:50

FrankM
They have exhausted all the great music acts and there doesn't seem to be many great acts on the horizon. They need to go in a different direction. Why not have somebody like Seinfeld or Ray Romano do stand up comedy at half time? It will appeal to more people than Beyonce.

Or the Stones could just become the house band for all future Super Bowls...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 3, 2013 23:54

Before you start making jokes about Beyonce...

Beyoncé Knowles held a press conference in New Orleans on Thursday where she talked about her highly anticipated Super Bowl half-time performance. But first, the singer addressed the elephant in the room.

When Beyonce walked on stage she asked the audience to rise, then proceeding to give an impeccable, LIVE acapella performance of the National Anthem. After she finished she asked the audience, simply, “Any questions?”

[omg.yahoo.com]

I think it is fair to say that she can sing...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 4, 2013 00:01

Please no wardrobe misfunctions drinking smiley

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 4, 2013 00:03

can we tell jokes here?

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: February 4, 2013 00:03

can we talk about james joyce here?

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 4, 2013 00:11

I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor Swift ends up doing it soon. I agree they're running out of people that can actually do it and have enough global appeal but when you have someone like the Black Eyed Peas doing it, I think there are still options. I can't imagine them appeal to nearly as many people as those before and after them have.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: February 4, 2013 00:13

Oh man I thought they'd book my band this year, we've been offering for 21yrs....

Ok we are potentially the worst thing ever witnessed by wider civil society, it'd be the most amazingly spectacular insanity you'd ever wish to encounter, ok so some of you may gouge your eyes out,

but hey I've ripped every riff i've ever written, and it sounds like it so you'll all love it no doubt

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 4, 2013 00:14

Beyonce states that she actually sang along with her own recording at inaugual address rendition of the National Athem.

Seems unlikely, because of the override of voices. The national anthem is a strange mix of vocals; Tonite she will be singing her songs, which may prove natural without any electronic suport. Seems plausible.

Date: February 4, 2013 00:25

bv

Beyoncé Knowles held a press conference in New Orleans on Thursday where she talked about her highly anticipated Super Bowl half-time performance. But first, the singer addressed the elephant in the room.

When Beyonce walked on stage she asked the audience to rise, then proceeding to give an impeccable, LIVE acapella performance of the National Anthem. After she finished she asked the audience, simply, “Any questions?”

[omg.yahoo.com]

No one said she couldn't sing...but she DIDN'T sing at the inauguration, yet pretended to do so. Like someone else said, just have an iPod up there.

Date: February 4, 2013 00:44

I might be old fashioned but when it comes to singing anthems I prefer schooled voices, preferably opera singers. I can't stand wailing in national anthems - it's close to blasphemy...

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: February 4, 2013 01:22

Jah Paul
Stoneage

Yup, it seems to be perfectly acceptable now, if not applauded. There wasn't much outrage about her inauguration "performance" - and those who did point it out were criticized for even bringing it up.

It was a HUGE deal. All the news outlets made a huge fuss over it. But I think there was less outrage because whether you like her or not, everybody knows she can sing. It wasn't like some people who have been busted lip syncing because they were incapable of actually delivering a performance.

There is a camp of people who defend even the people who aren't great singers, because they're considered "entertainers" as opposed to musical acts. The dancing, image, and all that are more important than the actual music. In rock music we expect people to be talented in respect to the music, because that's what it's all about, but some genres/acts it's mainly there just to prop up the stage show. It's a show, not a concert. And if that entertains people, even though I find it kind of stupid, then I guess that's good for them. The music is probably the least important thing though.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: February 4, 2013 01:29

I thought Van Halen was planning on performing... I guess Eddie and Dave are at it again ? Or Eddie is sick again ? Or too heavy for TV ? Too bad.

[www.rollingstone.com]

Date: February 4, 2013 01:30

NoCode0680
Jah Paul
Stoneage

It was a HUGE deal. All the news outlets made a huge fuss over it. But I think there was less outrage because whether you like her or not, everybody knows she can sing. It wasn't like some people who have been busted lip syncing because they were incapable of actually delivering a performance.

There is a camp of people who defend even the people who aren't great singers, because they're considered "entertainers" as opposed to musical acts. The dancing, image, and all that are more important than the actual music. In rock music we expect people to be talented in respect to the music, because that's what it's all about, but some genres/acts it's mainly there just to prop up the stage show. It's a show, not a concert. And if that entertains people, even though I find it kind of stupid, then I guess that's good for them. The music is probably the least important thing though.

Yes, I meant less outrage for the reasons you stated...but I feel it would have been a much bigger deal in the past. Once she had her "press conference" and layed out all of her excuses, it all sort of went away and people accepted her explanation. Stuff like this has become expected and acceptable nowadays, especially by the younger generation. Like you said, it's a show first and foremost and the music is the least important thing.

For me, if you're a good singer (which she is), get out there and sing...no excuses!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 4, 2013 01:34

bv

[omg.yahoo.com]

Yeah yeah yeah. And it was tepid at best. One of the lamest media moments of the entire thing. Think about it - THAT is a big deal? That's not the half-time show for Super Bowl 47 either, when she'll be lip-syncing to a studio recording.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: February 4, 2013 01:38

God Bless America and Beyonce. A fantastic nation and a sweet, bootlicioius vocalist.

Date: February 4, 2013 01:54

GasLightStreet
bv

[omg.yahoo.com]

Yeah yeah yeah. And it was tepid at best. One of the lamest media moments of the entire thing. Think about it - THAT is a big deal? That's not the half-time show for Super Bowl 47 either, when she'll be lip-syncing to a studio recording.

She should have just done that in the first place, and avoided the whole thing. I think a lot of people found it silly because of the dramatic ripping out of the earpiece, as if she were like "I don't even need this shit, I'm that good", only for her to not really be singing. She wasn't content to just lip sync, but she added a "this is how great I am" element to it. As somebody who can't sing a lick I don't want to give her a hard time, and I think she has a voice, she should have just prepared and sang it though. And if for whatever reason she couldn't, she should have just played it straight and not acted like a diva. If you're belting it out, be a diva, if you're faking it, I'd say play it cool.

Re: OT: Super Bowl XLVII half-time entertainment
Date: February 4, 2013 02:07

Beyonce has a good voice for R&B. That doesn't necessarily mean she's good at singing acappella. I have heard a couple of R&B stars singing anthems and I don't think they are especially good at it. I would rather listen to a schooled voice (opera singer or likewise) even if the singer is not a "star". To sing an anthem acappella isn't an easy task.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 4, 2013 02:19

tatters
Super Bowl 47. Wow, that makes me feel old. I remember the first one.

If this is your 47th Superbowl, you may have perhaps heard of a band called the Rolling Stones?

Date: February 4, 2013 02:34

Imagine how Kirk Douglas feels. He was actually AT Super Bowl I, and he was 50/51.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-04 02:36 by NoCode0680.

Date: February 4, 2013 02:59

0:00 to go. Second quarter. Soon beyonce time. Majorliciuos wardrobe malfunction? Let's hope so....

Date: February 4, 2013 03:06

Stoneage
0:00 to go. Second quarter. Soon beyonce time. Majorliciuos wardrobe malfunction? Let's hope so....

They have a delay now.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: February 4, 2013 03:18

This reunion is bringing joy to millions the world over. What was the name of this group again?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-02-04 03:20 by tatters.

Date: February 4, 2013 03:20

tatters
This reunion is bringing joy to millions the world over. What was the name of this group again?

Beyonce and the out of focus gals.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1280
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home