Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones Archive 2013
Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: January 31, 2013 22:36

Does anyone think the Stones Archive 'official bootleg' releases will continue in 2013? They originally said there would be six, or was it six exclusive to the goggle store? I've enjoyed them all, but would love some more - 69, 72 etc.

C'mon Give us some more!

Re: Stones Archive 2013
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 31, 2013 22:39

..well if six turned out ta be nine ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: January 31, 2013 22:43

I believe there is very little chance of any more. The Stones hype train has all but come to a stop, now that the 5 shows are over. All the products and hype they build always lead up to something...usually it's a tour...this time it was the 5 shows. But they're done now. If they go on tour later this year, there's a slight chance they'd bring it back but to Mick, doing that, would be "so 2012."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-31 22:43 by Justin.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: January 31, 2013 23:02

I'm also doubtful about seeing the recent archive series being extended.
But if the Stones stop working completely, the record companies will surely start pushing for some more vaults projects.

If nothing else, Eagle Rock is probably pretty keen on releasing some concert dvds, such as LA '75, Hampton '81, Leeds '82 and what not, and I bet Abkco would love to do some good stuff beyond the Ya-Ya's bonus tracks and England '65.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-31 23:03 by LieB.

Posted by: studiorambo ()
Date: January 31, 2013 23:25

Absolutely, the record companies can't be making money selling back catalogue titles. Get some more product out there in 2013, Stones.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: January 31, 2013 23:52

Seems like they would. It's money for no work at all. All they do is pay Bob to mix it then give it to Google right? Once they recover whatever they have to pay Bob, it's all profit right? They share some of that with Google for being their distributor, but since there's no physical product to make, ship and all that, the only overhead is Bob. Do they pay Bob by the project or is he just sort of on retainer? Google has some overhead, but spread out across all the artists/music they're selling it's not like it's all being recovered from their Stones contract, so I'm sure the deal is lucrative for both parties. Even if they aren't raking in the dough on a large scale, it's probably still beneficial, especially when you think of how little effort the band itself has to put into it. What were Mick and Keith's contribution to the project? Listening to it, saying OK, then doing the little interview videos?

Maybe I'm missing something (and I admit I'm not a business professional), but it just seems too easy to not continue. The concerts have been recorded and in the can for years or decades. And it seems like there's very little risk since they're not going to get stuck with a bunch of surplus stock or anything like that. I wonder how many downloads they need before they break even. The only reason they wouldn't continue is if they're losing money, and I can't see how they would lose money.

I did wonder at the time (and maybe this has been answered but I haven't checked into it) when Leeds came out if the initial price hike (before they dropped it a day later) was because the project as a whole had failed to break even. Or was it just a pricing mistake?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1939
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home