Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

U2 Tickets
Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: January 27, 2005 21:08

Check this out. [www.boston.com]

Re: U2 Tickets
Posted by: R ()
Date: January 27, 2005 21:22

These "internet pre-sales" have become all the rage here in the states. They are bullshit. Fans think they are getting the jump on the public when in fact the promoter, and band, are selling big blocks of marginal seating first, that might go begging later.

Rather than have a last minute potential ticket buyer say "Aw, I'd like to see U2 but I don't want to sit in the back for $150..." they sell those seats in the back in an "exclusive internet pre-sale" utilizing a "secret password" to unwary fans caught up in the on-sale frenzy.

In this way they help sell the worst tickets first and everybody that goes through the normal channels later end up with as good or better seats. And the promoter rests easy knowing they got the same dollar for a seat in the back as the guy who is 30 feet from the stage.

When most shows are in percentages and a promoter can only make money on the last 10% of the house, they'll do anything.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: January 27, 2005 21:27

I would not go see them if it were free.

Date: January 27, 2005 21:45

I saw them 3 times and they got more pompous with each tour. Hate 'em. Bono should either run for political office...like to become The Ambassador of Conguelo or shut up and have fun signing. Who does he think he is.....Dylan?

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: January 27, 2005 22:02

During the PopMart Tour, I purchased 8 seats during a "exclusive pre sale" sponsered by either MTV or VH1. I got thru on the phone to ticketmaster, gave the password, and the woman said Quote "Well, you got front row."

When the tickets came in the mail, they were in the first row, not front row, in a section towards the back of the floor.

It gets worse.

The section was blocked by a huge light tower and the seats were flat out obstructed. I left that section during the warm up, and never went back.

Beware the "preferred" pre sales.
I will always at least have a seating chart in front of me now before I buy any tickets.

Posted by: LOGIE ()
Date: January 27, 2005 22:38

Glad I opted for general admission.

Friends of mine had exactly the same problem with seats for U2 shows at Cardiff and Twickenham, on each occasion being allocated tickets for the opposite ends of the stadium. They are not happy.

Can I now take back any criticism that I may have made about the Stones? Please!

Posted by: waaghals ()
Date: January 28, 2005 12:45

Cafaro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I saw them 3 times and they got more pompous with
> each tour. Hate 'em. Bono should either run for
> political office...like to become The Ambassador
> of Conguelo or shut up and have fun signing. Who
> does he think he is.....Dylan?

It seems to me you are a little prejudiced, there's a place for everybody under the sun. If you don't like them, you don't have to throw mud .They are good musicians. Maybe you didn't know but there exists a live track where Keith Richards plays with U2. Keith wouldn't play live with U2 if he dind't like them.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 28, 2005 14:58

Mick, Keith & Ronnie have all played with and/or recorded with U2.

I find it a bit strange that someone can go and see a band THREE times before deciding that they 'hate them' !! ??

Date: January 28, 2005 17:47

Hey waaghhals..............lighten up! Just having some fun. Don't take this stuff so seriously. I mean, it's only rock and roll

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1839
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home