Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: The Who announce Tour of UK and more
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 28, 2013 23:24

I didn't like their show when I watched them live...but it was 4am or something and seeing Rog unbutton his shirt was rather, er...Watched them again with the gang before the PPV and they seemed a lot better, guess you've got to be in the right mood ;-)

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 29, 2013 01:57

What a difference 10 years (and one Ox) make.

October 20, 2001

December 12, 2012

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-29 12:08 by tatters.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: January 29, 2013 11:25

Despite so many Price discussions there is not the same demand on seeing the Who as it is for the Rolling Stones.
I saw the Who (my very first bigger concert) in 1975 and in 1978 (Kenny Jones on drums I think) They blew away I agree.

The media presence of the Stones and they vast History is by far bigger and brings more attention worldwide. In conclusion the ticket prices reflect the market value of a musician. He may, of course, be social and accept less money, but even if the Stones would do, there are hundreds of agencies/promoters/organizers involved who also would like to hold the stake out of the deals.

So you may dream of other price levels for future events, they will remain dreams. Sorry to be so realistic.sad smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 29, 2013 11:29

We're in .............. YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!

Great presale, but all gone now it would seem (in 25 minutes - yikes !). Public sale on Friday 1st.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: January 29, 2013 11:41

paulywaul

Great presale, but all gone now it would seem (in 25 minutes - yikes !). Public sale on Friday 1st.

Knew you couldn't resist Paul. Where are your tickets this time?

Date: January 29, 2013 11:45

Silver Dagger
paulywaul

Knew you couldn't resist Paul. Where are your tickets this time?

Block 112 row D on the central aisle running down the middle of the block, perfect.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: January 29, 2013 12:07

Can't believe I've missed this ! Where did you get codes for pre-sale Pauly ? Prices are a shock. (in a good way!)

sc uk

Date: January 29, 2013 12:24

straycatuk
Can't believe I've missed this ! Where did you get codes for pre-sale Pauly ? Prices are a shock. (in a good way!)

sc uk

Don't worry straycat - you'll get tickets and good ones at that. Just be patient and keep trying ticketmaster. I got great tickets for Stones shows at the 02 on the day of the gig.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: January 29, 2013 12:40

Because of The Who, I missed the RS concert in Nijmegen in 2006 2007. This could happen again.Those dates might coincide with...no?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-29 14:54 by Harm.

Date: January 29, 2013 12:43

straycatuk

sc uk

Dave, you can join the WHO fan club for USD$ 50.00, you get a TM presale code, and off you go. The presale runs through till the public sale starts on Friday, so there'd still be plenty of time I'd say. If you can't be shagged with the presale, then wait till Friday. I chose to do the presale thing because I have to be on a train up to central London at 9.00 Friday morning just as the bloody sale starts, and also from past experience, WHO fanclub presales actually offer up quite good seats. Perhaps I just got lucky, but am delighted with block 112 row D aisle seats.

The price comparison between the Who in June 2013 and the Stones in November 2012 is truly galling. I just paid £164 for TWO tickets to see the former, whereas last year I paid £408 for ONE ticket to see the latter !! F f f f f f f firking hell !!

Date: January 29, 2013 13:42

Harm
Because of The Who, I missed the RS concert in Nijmegen in 2006. This could happen again.Those dates might coincide with...no?

Consider yourself lucky. That was the worst weather I've ever encountered at a rock gig. They had to stop Van Morrison's support set because of all the rain. And it was bloody hot too.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 29, 2013 14:49

So what's the setup at the O2 ? Apparently Bercy has :

Carré Or assis fosse : 139 euros
Cat. 1 : 95 euros
Cat. 2 : 78,50 euros
Cat. 3 : 62 euros

Not sure what it means :
- "Carré Or Assis" on the floor ? Normally "Carré Or" is in the stands, 112/101 equivalent at 02
- Everything on the Fosse/floor is at €139 - unlikely

It used to be that GA was always cheaper than the stands, including for McCartney, but now they charge more for GA than some stands, like for Neil Young :-(

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 29, 2013 16:21

gotdablouse
I didn't like their show when I watched them live...but it was 4am or something and seeing Rog unbutton his shirt was rather, er...Watched them again with the gang before the PPV and they seemed a lot better, guess you've got to be in the right mood ;-)

I generally make sure I haven't eaten anything directly before or after Roger removes his shirt. I find it makes for a better show.

Date: January 29, 2013 16:23

paulywaul
straycatuk

sc uk

Dave, you can join the WHO fan club for USD$ 50.00, you get a TM presale code, and off you go. The presale runs through till the public sale starts on Friday, so there'd still be plenty of time I'd say. If you can't be shagged with the presale, then wait till Friday. I chose to do the presale thing because I have to be on a train up to central London at 9.00 Friday morning just as the bloody sale starts, and also from past experience, WHO fanclub presales actually offer up quite good seats. Perhaps I just got lucky, but am delighted with block 112 row D aisle seats.

The price comparison between the Who in June 2013 and the Stones in November 2012 is truly galling. I just paid £164 for TWO tickets to see the former, whereas last year I paid £408 for ONE ticket to see the latter !! F f f f f f f firking hell !!

I'm sorry, I used to love the who, but we're really comparing apples to oranges at this juncture.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 29, 2013 16:24

treaclefingers
gotdablouse

I generally make sure I haven't eaten anything directly before or after Roger removes his shirt. I find it makes for a better show.

I suppose thats one way to leave hungry for more...
He's graciously honored my requests and kept his shirt on every time I've seen The Who

Date: January 29, 2013 16:46

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
gotdablouse

He's graciously honored my requests and kept his shirt on every time I've seen The Who

Who are you, to be telling him what to do?

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 29, 2013 17:13

I'm not sure if you guys are surprised that the Who aren't charging Rolling Stones prices, of that the Stones aren't charging Who prices. Either way, a Stones tour is a much bigger event, still covered by the mainstream news media in a way that no Who tour has been covered since 1989, which, incidentally, was also the last time they were capable of filling stadiums. Nowadays, they can't even fill arenas, not even when they cut them in half by not selling the seats behind or on the sides of the stage.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-30 03:46 by tatters.

Date: January 29, 2013 17:22

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
treaclefingers
gotdablouse

No one of consequence...

Date: January 29, 2013 17:24

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
treaclefingers
gotdablouse

No one of consequence...

you better, you bet.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: January 29, 2013 18:01

I just saw this show last night, by all means catch it if you get the chance! Daltrey was in great form, they did a brillant job with Quadrophenia. I loved how they told the story of the times on the big screens, from post-war Britain all the way to now. It was also totally cool how they incorporated footage of The Who band members, Entwhistle's bit got a huge applause (man, that guy knew how to play the base!!!) but my favorite part was Keith Moon on 'Bell Boy', he was great!

One can only dream to get the same ticket prices from the Stones, we had excellent seats on the floor, 3rd row in the second section for $125!

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Date: January 29, 2013 18:08

tatters
I'm not sure if you guys are surprised that the Who aren't charging Rolling Stones prices, of that the Stones aren't charging Who prices. Either way, a Stones tour is a much bigger event, still covered by the news media in a way that no Who tour has been covered since 1989, which, incidentally, was also the last time they were capable of filling stadiums. Nowadays, they can't even fill arenas, not even when they cut them in half by not selling the seats behind or on the sides of the stage.

I love the Who, think they look and sound great these days, don't really give a f**k about the fact that the orignal drummer and bassist are long deceased, nor that they don't attract the same media hysteria as a Stones tour, nor that they don't fill stadiums, nor even possibly even mid sized arenas. What I do give a f**k about is that they don't ask me to sell a kidney in order to buy a ticket to see them; they put on a hell of a show, and I'll go away after some two hours with an enormous grin on my chops. End of chat .......

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: January 29, 2013 18:34

"What a difference 10 years (and one Ox) make."

Really, still played with great passion. Sound fantastic to me??

Date: January 29, 2013 18:45

paulywaul
tatters
I'm not sure if you guys are surprised that the Who aren't charging Rolling Stones prices, of that the Stones aren't charging Who prices. Either way, a Stones tour is a much bigger event, still covered by the news media in a way that no Who tour has been covered since 1989, which, incidentally, was also the last time they were capable of filling stadiums. Nowadays, they can't even fill arenas, not even when they cut them in half by not selling the seats behind or on the sides of the stage.

I love the Who, think they look and sound great these days, don't really give a f**k about the fact that the orignal drummer and bassist are long deceased, nor that they don't attract the same media hysteria as a Stones tour, nor that they don't fill stadiums, nor even possibly even mid sized arenas. What I do give a f**k about is that they don't ask me to sell a kidney in order to buy a ticket to see them; they put on a hell of a show, and I'll go away after some two hours with an enormous grin on my chops. End of chat .......

Damn...I thought there was so many more places we could go with this topic!

Date: January 29, 2013 18:51

treaclefingers
paulywaul
tatters

It's a free world so they say, so pick one of those innumerable places and go there by all means, I won't be joining you however. You either like 'em or you don't, ain't much else to say really - is there ?

Date: January 29, 2013 18:58

paulywaul
treaclefingers
paulywaul
tatters

It's a free world so they say, so pick one of those innumerable places and go there by all means, I won't be joining you however. You either like 'em or you don't, ain't much else to say really - is there ?

You may be right...however, in those types of situations I suggest we make it personal which gives all sorts of room for additional mindless banter.

Date: January 29, 2013 19:14

And I suggest not ........

Date: January 29, 2013 20:13

paulywaul
And I suggest not ........

hmmm...oh, this is just so awkward.

Date: January 29, 2013 20:36

ablett
"What a difference 10 years (and one Ox) make."

Really, still played with great passion. Sound fantastic to me??

Yes I was wondering what was meant by that too ? Anyway I agree, they certainly still do play with great passion, as well as sound good. There was a time until a couple of years ago I think when Roger's voice was definitely on the wane, but then he had an operation on his throat I believe, and WOW !! The man got his voice back !! Roll in 15th June, can't wait !!

Date: January 29, 2013 20:41

treaclefingers
paulywaul
straycatuk

sc uk

I'm sorry, I used to love the who, but we're really comparing apples to oranges at this juncture.

What happens if you like both?

Date: January 29, 2013 20:42

Silver Dagger
treaclefingers
paulywaul
straycatuk

sc uk

What happens if you like both?

The Who and the Who's Left?

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1719
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home