Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: stones & beatles music
Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: January 25, 2013 22:51

T&A
reg thorpe
folke
I'm glad I don't have to choose. I enjoy both bands.

It's like comparing apples and oranges

apples were better in the studio...oranges better live...

You're just taking the pith.

Posted by: stones1962 ()
Date: January 25, 2013 23:33

treaclefingers
stones1962
NoCode0680
Why is the concept of taste so difficult for some to grasp? So many threads around here the OP takes their opinion and acts as if it is scientific fact. Not to mention the utterly insane unoriginality (it's getting to the point where I think some people around here have serious head injuries) of YET ANOTHER Beatles vs. Stones thread.

By the way... I love Let It Be, probably in my top 4 Beatles albums. And I love many Stones albums, who said they made bad LP's in the first place?

I agree with you about personal taste. What one doesn't like someone else may think is great. However, in all my years of being a Stones fan people have always said the difference between the two is that the Stones made great singles but the Beatles made great singles and albums. I have heard that many times from many people. The Stones didn't make good studio albums and that's where the Beatles pull ahead. Total nonsense.

Rob

I've never in my life had anyone say that to me.

Really? I must have heard it about ten times. My friend, who is a die-hard Stones' fan, has told me he hears it as well.

Anyway, I agree. It's a matter of taste and it's comparing apples and oranges. The two bands didn't really sound alike at all.

Rob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-25 23:34 by stones1962.

Posted by: ts ()
Date: January 25, 2013 23:47

Beatles are my "start the day" music. Stones are my "end the day" music. Good to have 'em both.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 25, 2013 23:57

ts
Beatles are my "start the day" music. Stones are my "end the day" music. Good to have 'em both.

I like that assessment. Back in the day, all these radio stations would feature a "Breakfast with the Beatles" spot, and with a song like Good Morning, Good Morning in their repertoire, why not? Stones are for the late afternoon, when you're starting to get your evening "mojo" working, good drinking music, the best really.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 26, 2013 00:33

ts

what's for lunch?

Date: January 26, 2013 00:41

T&A
ts

what's for lunch?

Not that you were asking me, but I would suggest

Date: January 26, 2013 00:51

stonehearted
T&A
ts

what's for lunch?

sure, but that comes after lunch. c'mon...we need the entire day's menu...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 26, 2013 01:02

T&A
stonehearted
T&A
ts

what's for lunch?

sure, but that comes after lunch. c'mon...we need the entire day's menu...

My preference is for Meatloaf...

On the other hand, I would do anything for lunch.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: January 26, 2013 01:28

kish_stoned
fans always complain stones made bad lps or cds,what about the beatles?
NO1)1ST LP OF THE BEATLES ONLY HAD FEW GOOD TRACKS
NO2) BEATLES FOR SALE ONLY HAD 5 GOOD TRACKS
NO3) YELLOW SUB WAS CRAP
NO4) LET it BE HAD FEW GOOD TRACKS.
AS the story goes beatles were so big the fans always thought all the beatles music so great,even the double lp had lot of duff tracks,hey don't jump the gun beatles were good but lot of bad music too oh no no9

What in the world do you have against (Revolution) no9? Great song, should have done it on the rooftop!

Date: January 26, 2013 01:28

nice. i'll get the bill of fare printed out and distributed to all

Posted by: minorbyrd ()
Date: January 26, 2013 06:54

treaclefingers
T&A
treaclefingers
T&A
treaclefingers
stones1962
NoCode0680
Why is the concept of taste so difficult for some to grasp? So many threads around here the OP takes their opinion and acts as if it is scientific fact. Not to mention the utterly insane unoriginality (it's getting to the point where I think some people around here have serious head injuries) of YET ANOTHER Beatles vs. Stones thread.

By the way... I love Let It Be, probably in my top 4 Beatles albums. And I love many Stones albums, who said they made bad LP's in the first place?

I agree with you about personal taste. What one doesn't like someone else may think is great. However, in all my years of being a Stones fan people have always said the difference between the two is that the Stones made great singles but the Beatles made great singles and albums. I have heard that many times from many people. The Stones didn't make good studio albums and that's where the Beatles pull ahead. Total nonsense.

Rob

I've never in my life had anyone say that to me.

in my life, i've loved them all

Talk is, you're a bit of a music whore though...it's not me, just what's being said in the dark IORR alleyways.

i believe them

OK so, if I'm being honest, the talk is far worse than that...I've edited for the youngsters here.
Can you believe there are people in their 30's on this board? Why they're not on the Counting Crows or Spin Doctors fan board is beyond me.

I'm no longer in my 30s, but the Spin Doctors & Counting Crows were the type of bands I try not to think about from that era....... And they seem to be 'classic rock fm' high rotation bands now...... Very safe & inoffensive music I guess.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: January 26, 2013 18:14

Why is it always one against the other?? The Beatles and Rolling Stones are the two most important bands of the rock era. They are two of the best as well. There are othere comparable bands and musicians out there as well. This debate has become boring and ridiculous.

Posted by: minorbyrd ()
Date: January 26, 2013 18:17

slew
Why is it always one against the other?? The Beatles and Rolling Stones are the two most important bands of the rock era. They are two of the best as well. There are othere comparable bands and musicians out there as well. This debate has become boring and ridiculous.

Because someone starts the threads. When you read through these types of things, you find that most find it incomparable.

Date: January 26, 2013 18:17

slew
Why is it always one against the other??

which one should it be against?

Date: January 26, 2013 18:21

I think we should start a new Beatles verses Stones thread, and use it to compare verses in songs (as opposed to the chorus or bridge).

I think we'd get to the bottom of something very quickly...or slowly...or not at all.

Date: January 26, 2013 18:26

treaclefingers
I think we should start a new Beatles verses Stones thread, and use it to compare verses in songs (as opposed to the chorus or bridge).

I think we'd get to the bottom of something very quickly...or slowly...or not at all.

can we insert freddie & the dreamers as a third party? sort of a punching-bag third alternative for comparison and contrast purposes? i think both stones and beatles fans will benefit in the long run.

Date: January 26, 2013 19:41

T&A
treaclefingers

can we insert freddie & the dreamers as a third party? sort of a punching-bag third alternative for comparison and contrast purposes? i think both stones and beatles fans will benefit in the long run.

verses who else?

Date: January 26, 2013 21:47

treaclefingers
T&A
treaclefingers

verses who else?

verses, choruses...doesn't matter...

Date: January 26, 2013 22:32

T&A
treaclefingers
T&A
treaclefingers

verses who else?

If it doesn't matter, why the hell are we actually here?

Date: January 26, 2013 22:55

treaclefingers
T&A
treaclefingers
T&A
treaclefingers

verses who else?

why is there air?

Date: January 26, 2013 23:01

treaclefingers
T&A
treaclefingers

verses who else?

Why don't we do a Beatles versus Stones legacy/influences thread? The discussion could start with Gerry and the Pacemakers versus The Yardbirds.

Date: January 27, 2013 00:01

T&A
treaclefingers
T&A
treaclefingers
T&A
treaclefingers

verses who else?

why is there air?

maybe they'reir shouldn't be

Date: January 27, 2013 00:09

treaclefingers
T&A
treaclefingers
T&A
treaclefingers
T&A
treaclefingers

verses who else?

why is there air?

it just leads to trouble

Date: January 27, 2013 00:29

T&A
treaclefingers
T&A
treaclefingers
T&A
treaclefingers
T&A
treaclefingers

verses who else?

why is there air?

it just leads to trouble

As I've been listening to Elvis all afternoon, this is how I think we deal with it:

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1862
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home