Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

For your precious love
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: January 26, 2013 20:08

On steel wheels sessions. Known for Ottis Redding version. But in 1985 Keith pal Aaron Neville covered it on Orchide in the storm EP. Maybe the reason why it came to Stones ears again in 89.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Re: For your precious love
Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: January 26, 2013 20:28

Beautiful song....Hope they release it some day

jeroen

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 26, 2013 20:50

Yep and a fantastic version recorded during the SW sessions...a bit odd since it seems unlikely they were intending to include it on the album, maybe planned for another release, we'll probably never know! Remember first reading about that recording in Hoffmann's "Das Weissbuch" at the Virgin on Oxford Street in February 1992, little did I know I'd only hear it 14+ years later and only because Chuch Magee's widow kindly donated it to a friend (or so he said) for sharing with the fans...there again we'll never know why that happened!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-26 20:52 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: January 26, 2013 21:07

It was initially a Jerry Butler tune, that he did with The Impressions: it's pre-Curtis Mayfield.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 26, 2013 21:37

a dud...best kept from the public view

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 26, 2013 21:38

Wow, thanks so much for putting it up here gotdablouse. I'd never heard this before, it's beautiful. Any more details on the recording of this gem?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 26, 2013 21:42

tomcasagranda
It was initially a Jerry Butler tune, that he did with The Impressions: it's pre-Curtis Mayfield.

Yes, Jerry Butler had a few good songs. He also did the original of Make It Easy On Yourself in 1962 that was later covered by The Walker Brothers.

Date: January 26, 2013 21:45

latebloomer
Wow, thanks so much for putting it up here gotdablouse. I'd never heard this before, it's beautiful. Any more details on the recording of this gem?

jagger mailed in the vocal...he's just not at the mayfield, butler or redding level for a song like this....i love the tune...had waiting 15 years to hear it...a huge letdown.

it's okay if you like it, though...i guess...

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: January 26, 2013 21:48

T&A
latebloomer

jagger mailed in the vocal...he's just not at the mayfield, butler or redding level for a song like this....i love the tune...had waiting 15 years to hear it...a huge letdown.

Thanks so much Tod, now I'll be able to sleep better.

Date: January 26, 2013 21:50

latebloomer
T&A
latebloomer

Thanks so much Tod, now I'll be able to sleep better.

my generosity knows few limits. i guess i have a soft spot for you or something.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 26, 2013 23:17

gotdablouse
Yep and a fantastic version recorded during the SW sessions...a bit odd since it seems unlikely they were intending to include it on the album, maybe planned for another release, we'll probably never know! Remember first reading about that recording in Hoffmann's "Das Weissbuch" at the Virgin on Oxford Street in February 1992, little did I know I'd only hear it 14+ years later and only because Chuch Magee's widow kindly donated it to a friend (or so he said) for sharing with the fans...there again we'll never know why that happened!

Should have been the closing track on SW, after Slipping Away. Just drop Blinded By Love or perhaps Hearts For Sale, and then you have a much stronger album overall.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 26, 2013 23:43

I like their version. The late 80's style production , which I'm not always a fan of, I think serves the song well. It just works. It ads warmth to it. It reminds me of Simply Red's version of "If You Don't Know me by Now".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-01-26 23:44 by ryanpow.

Date: January 26, 2013 23:57

dammit people. you're not listening to me.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: January 26, 2013 23:58

I really like it....

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 27, 2013 00:27

latebloomer

Sure! Not much is known about the recording other than it was recorded during the SW sessions...I must admit I prefer originals over covers, except maybe in a live setting, like we got "That's How Strong My Love Is" a few weeks ago in Bondy...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1674
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home