Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Sonny Bono's "Death Skis" For Sale On Craigslist
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: January 24, 2013 15:30

The skis that Sonny Bono wore when he hit a tree and died at a resort in South Lake Tahoe in 1998 are on sale on Craigslist.
Bono was a politician and a one-time pop and TV star who shared the stage and spotlight with his then-wife Cher.
According to the post on the Craigslist, the skis "were shipped back to Los Angeles/Palm Springs after the tragic accident and are still wrapped in the American Airlines travel plastic bag with correct identification and dates."
The seller calls it "an extremely rare opportunity to own an unusual piece of rock and roll history."

Re: OT: Sonny Bono's "Death Skis" For Sale On Craigslist
Date: January 24, 2013 15:44

Date: January 24, 2013 15:45

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 24, 2013 17:05

the weather that day in south tahoe was overcast...'cept for sonny on one tree...

...sorry...just like that joke

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 24, 2013 17:44

T&A
the weather that day in south tahoe was overcast...'cept for sonny on one tree...

oh, please...do cher some more.

Date: January 24, 2013 17:53

treaclefingers
T&A

oh, please...do cher some more.

my cherie amour...

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 24, 2013 17:54

Any truth that Bono co-wrote She Said Yeah ?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: January 24, 2013 17:59

What was Sonny's last hit?

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: January 24, 2013 18:02

GravityBoy
What was Sonny's last hit?

Do you really have to ask ? grinning smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 24, 2013 18:14

Sad commentary on our society

Date: January 24, 2013 18:23

Elmo Lewis
Sad commentary on our society

not gonna bid?

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: January 24, 2013 21:32

tatters
Bono was a politician and a one-time pop and TV star

The other Bono thinks he is a politician.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: January 24, 2013 21:39

It is for wonderful facts like this I keep returning to IORR...

Date: January 24, 2013 21:53

DoomandGloom
It is for wonderful facts like this I keep returning to IORR...

i'm here for the scorn and derision

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: January 24, 2013 22:16

Edith Grove
Any truth that Bono co-wrote She Said Yeah ?

Yes, he did co-write it, under a pseudonym while working for Specialty Records.
He also co-wrote Needles and Pins with Jack Nitzsche.
Plus he wrote I Got You Babe, The Beat Goes On, Bang Bang as well as produced them.

Posted by: watts fan ()
Date: January 24, 2013 22:52

Sonny was great in his own right. Can't forget about the classic "Baby Don't Go."

Posted by: Duane in Houston ()
Date: January 24, 2013 23:57

that's another reason I don't ski

Date: January 25, 2013 02:19

Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: January 25, 2013 02:25

tatters
What's the plug for?

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: January 25, 2013 02:31

lazzzybones
tatters
What's the plug for?

Flowers.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 26, 2013 13:29

Years ago (around 1995), I was inline skating from Old Town, Alexandria, Virginia up the George Washington Parkway bike trail toward Washington, DC. When my group got to Gravelly Point, near the end of the National Airport runway, I saw Sonny and family (BTW, wife Mary is much taller). I yelled, "Hey, Sonny, what's happening?" and got a "Hey, how ya doin'?" in that inimitable nasal tone in response.

Sonny was the US Congressman for a district that consisted mainly of Orange County, California. His constituents included Disney. His big contribution as a legislator was sponsoring amendments to the Copyright Act which extended copyright protection, arguably beyond the founders' intent. Disney doesn't want Mickey Mouse and other of its prized creations to fall into the public domain any time soon.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: January 26, 2013 17:56

ab
Years ago (around 1995), I was inline skating from Old Town, Alexandria, Virginia up the George Washington Parkway bike trail toward Washington, DC. When my group got to Gravelly Point, near the end of the National Airport runway, I saw Sonny and family (BTW, wife Mary is much taller). I yelled, "Hey, Sonny, what's happening?" and got a "Hey, how ya doin'?" in that inimitable nasal tone in response.

Sonny was the US Congressman for a district that consisted mainly of Orange County, California. His constituents included Disney. His big contribution as a legislator was sponsoring amendments to the Copyright Act which extended copyright protection, arguably beyond the founders' intent. Disney doesn't want Mickey Mouse and other of its prized creations to fall into the public domain any time soon.

Sonny was one of several sponsors of the Copyright Act. And just to clarify, when he was in office, the 44th District was comprised primarily of Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert and several suburbs around Riverside...all in Riverside County. He was mayor of Palm Springs prior to being elected to Congress.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 26, 2013 23:59

Jah Paul
ab

Sonny was one of several sponsors of the Copyright Act. And just to clarify, when he was in office, the 44th District was comprised primarily of Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert and several suburbs around Riverside...all in Riverside County. He was mayor of Palm Springs prior to being elected to Congress.

Thanks for the correction.

Posted by: PeanutGallery ()
Date: January 27, 2013 01:41

Jah Paul
ab

And just to clarify, when he was in office, the 44th District was comprised primarily of Palm Springs, Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert and several suburbs around Riverside...all in Riverside County. He was mayor of Palm Springs prior to being elected to Congress.

Ah yes, we owe a lot to Sonny. If it wasn't for Sonny, we'd still have dental floss bikinis on Palm Canyon Drive in Palm Springs. Thanks Sonny — way top go!

T-BACK BIKINI

From the front, it looks like an ordinary string bikini. From the back, it looks like a piece of dental floss. Behold, the T-back bikini bottom, also known as a thong or floss bikini.

Although strippers have worn g-strings for years, it took a fashion designer to bring it to the beach. Fashion designer Rudi Gernreich, who in the mid-1960s created the first topless swimsuit, is credited with introducing the modern thong or T-back in 1974. Thongs first became popular as a swimsuit style in South America, particularly in Brazil. In the 1990s, the thong began to gain wider acceptance and popularity on the beaches and pool decks of America.

One person who didn't want to see the T-back bikini was Palm Springs mayor Sonny Bono. Bono, ... spoke out against the T-back and got the city council to ban the style within the city limits
[www.bikiniview.com]

Peanut
PeanutGallery

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: January 27, 2013 01:52

I think it was about U2 "Sorry Bono"

Posted by: gripweed ()
Date: January 27, 2013 03:02

I guess he had 2nd thoughts... or SOLD them already!

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: January 27, 2013 03:53

Did the Keith's coconut ever sell?

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: January 27, 2013 04:20

For about a dozen years, myself and 2 buddies would jam on a weekly basis. Everything was unrehearsed. It was a combo of covers and original music. We often created songs about important events of the week. We recorded almost everything we did. We did a 20 minute jam dedicated to Sonny Bono the week he died, but it was so politically incorrect (as was most of what we did) we have never played it for anyone. I pull it out about once a year to listen to it. It's both sick and funny.

Posted by: PeanutGallery ()
Date: January 29, 2013 00:33

T&A

Ditto. No apologies. And we haven't even started in on what he did to Copyright law. What was that quip of Dylan's in It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) Money doesn't talk — it swears.

Peanut
PeanutGalllery

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1586
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home