Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Rolling Stones memorabilia in Michael Klenfner auction
Date: January 23, 2013 18:50

Hi all,

Below is my piece on the memorabilia collection of Michael Klenfner, a music publicist who worked for the Stones, The Who etc. His collection has come to auction and contains some fantastic (and underpriced) items.

[www.paulfrasercollectibles.com]

Can anyone spot anything wrong with the Keith Richards signed guitar, it seems to hold a very low estimate? I think it is maybe for a quick sale more than anything.

Thanks

Joe

Re: Rolling Stones memorabilia in Michael Klenfner auction
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: January 23, 2013 21:39

Michael Klenfner was a major music business executive...never thought of him as a "pr guy."

I may be wrong but don't believe he had anything to do with The Doors.

Michael died three or four years ago.

For those who have the time and interest, you might want to check out his obituary in NY Times or Billboard.

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: January 24, 2013 03:48

"Also from the Rolling Stones is a framed and signed copy of the Dirty Work album, which is expected to sell for $500-700. Following is a Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus tour jacket from 1982, valued at $200-400 and accompanied by a pin from the same tour."

Huh?

Date: January 24, 2013 18:31

In response to loog droog: Sorry, maybe I haven't wrote that in the clearest way possible (word limits etc)

There is a jacket in the auction that is from the Rock and Roll circus tour in 1982, which is valued at $200-400 and will be sold in a single lot along with a pin from the Rock and Roll circus tour.

Before that, is a framed and signed copy of the Dirty Work album, which is expected to sell for $500-700.

To stonesrule: Publicist doesn't just mean PR guy. I wouldn't describe Max Clifford as just a PR guy. His job is wide and varying and basically means he is responsible for publicising his "product" in this case, the Stones. The Doors were listed as one of the band's that he dealt with in the auction house's description, and there are Doors items in the sale (I think) but I can't say if this is verbatim or not.

Thanks for reading both!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: January 24, 2013 20:40

paulfrasercollect

There is a jacket in the auction that is from the Rock and Roll circus tour in 1982, which is valued at $200-400 and will be sold in a single lot along with a pin from the Rock and Roll circus tour.

If I find a Tattoo You Satin Jacket from 1969 I'm gonna get suspicious...

Date: January 25, 2013 16:44

Why's that then?

Posted by: OhNoNotMeAgain ()
Date: January 25, 2013 17:42

paulfrasercollect

Sir...with all due respect...I am FAR from being an expert on Rolling Stones collectibles, but even *I* know that there never was such a thing as a "Rock And Roll Circus Tour", let alone in 1982.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: January 25, 2013 19:11

Not sure what Max Clifford has to do with the Stones items attributed to Michael Klenfner.

Fact remains the late Michael Klenfner was not a publicist. If his name is being used in the sale potential buyers should know pertinent details of his relationship with Keith and the Rolling Stones. Did they give him items as gifts? etc. etc. Provenance is always important.

Posted by: PeanutGallery ()
Date: January 27, 2013 19:26

There was also Jo Woods' auction sale in Beverly Hills of Ronnie's never retrieved stuff last November:

The Wood collection features an assortment of memorabilia from the Rolling Stones, Faces, and Ronnie Wood’s solo career both as a musician and an artist, spanning over four decades. Some of the key music-related highlights of the Wood Collection are stage worn leather jackets and clothing. Also offered are two Ronnie Wood custom painted Fender Stratocasters, one with the body depicting a Rolling Stones recording session ($4,000-$8,000).

For the Rolling Stones collectors, there is tour clothing, backstage passes and tour ephemera from various Rolling Stones tours of the 1990’s and 2000’s, collectible Rolling Stones books, guitar picks, vinyl record albums, and other Rolling Stones memorabilia which Jo collected over the years. Other highlights include a Mick Jagger handwritten note to Wood ($200-$400), a twice signed Mick Jagger Rolling Stones poster ($400-$600), and a cardboard cutout in the form of a guitar body inscribed "To Ronnie from Keith,” describing a guitar Richards commissioned for Wood as a Christmas gift ($200-$300). Portraits of Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, and Bob Dylan are among some of the artwork offered by Wood, a celebrated visual artist and painter ($800-$1,200 each).

Too late now,... for IORR readers, or, Woody
Peanut
PeanutGallery

Posted by: bitman ()
Date: May 11, 2013 07:04

Seeing this about 4 months too late sad smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 11, 2013 12:15

[bid.igavelauctions.com]

Keith's signed guitar made $1100 and Dirty Work went for $503 - the rest of the items are there somewhere but there's 18 pages of the stuff to plough through....

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 11, 2013 17:05

OhNoNotMeAgain
paulfrasercollect

Sir...with all due respect...I am FAR from being an expert on Rolling Stones collectibles, but even *I* know that there never was such a thing as a "Rock And Roll Circus Tour", let alone in 1982.

Maybe he got confused with the stage design and Mick's clothes on that tour. Seems pretty circusy to me. New word of the day: "Circusy" - An object that looks like something out of a circus.

JumpingKentFlash

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1473
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home