Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Information Required: Songs of the Rolling Stones 1979 Promo
Posted by: Sticky Fingers ()
Date: January 26, 2005 18:18

Hi,

I'm looking for any and all information on a 1979 30 song promo called "Songs of the Rolling Stones" I have.
If you could fill me in on it's possible value or know of the best site to address this question to, please let me know.

Thank you.

Re: Information Required: Songs of the Rolling Stones 1979 Promo
Date: January 26, 2005 18:29

ROLLING STONES Songs Of The Rolling Stones (Ultra rare 1979 US ABKCO promo-only 30-track sampler LP, this is the second pressing from 1979 with stunning unique picture sleeve of the group standing in a field - a genuine rarity & one of the rarest Stones albums in existence! MPD-1)

Simply one of the oddest Stones' compilations you will come across. Designed simply for private home use, no sales and no airplay. Thirty (30) tracks were squeezed into a single disc and only Wild Horses runs past 2:30. Very unique song selection as well including four (4) Exile On Main Street titles such as All Down The Line and Sweet Virginia. Album cuts Sing This All Together, Something Happened To Me Yesterday, Yesterday's Papers, Ride On Baby, One More Try and Blue Turns To Grey each run under 1:30. Try to imagine Jumpin' Jack Flash cut by over two minutes, and You Can't Always Get What You Want missing more than five. It does serve as a great 'sampler', which was it's intention. Abkco issued this set with these terms and conditions: This record is one of a limited number for the sole and limited prupose for demonstration and may not be used for re-recording, dubbing, synchronization, performing, broadcasting, or any other purpose. This may be only a 3-star LP, yet is certainly a 5-star collector's item.

Re: Information Required: Songs of the Rolling Stones 1979 Promo
Posted by: Sticky Fingers ()
Date: January 26, 2005 18:35

Oh my

Many many thanks Sharon!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1908
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home