Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bootleg Question
Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: January 26, 2005 16:57

I have a question regarding the bootleg CD titled "Mixed Pickles", for any of you who may have this disc. There is a great blues number on it called "Everybody Knows About My Good Thing" which was apparently performed live in 1992, I believe (I don't recall where: Leeds, perhaps - - I'm typing this from memory since I don't have the disc in front of me). My question is, is this song actually performed by The Stones or is it a Mick Jagger solo outtake? Maybe it's not even an outtake: are you aware if the song exists on any legit CDs? Is there a studio version of it? I've never seen or heard of the track existing anywhere else, and I'm just curious of the story behind it. It's one great bluesy track, that's for sure!

Thanks everyone!

Ride like the wind at double speed.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-26 17:11 by sf37.

Re: Bootleg Question
Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: January 26, 2005 17:01

It's on the Jagger single "Don't tear me up".
"Recorded fo British National Music Day, on June 28th at the Hammersmith Odeon, London."

Edward

Posted by: sf37 ()
Date: January 26, 2005 17:05

Ah, thanks Mr Edward for the info: I appreciate it! I was hoping that it was actually the Stones and not a Jagger solo effort, but I can't quibble with it being a great track!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-26 17:10 by sf37.

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: January 26, 2005 20:34

I thought that Roy Buchanon or Buddy Guy was playing guitar on that

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 26, 2005 23:08

Mick is backed by Garry Moore (gtr) & The Midnight Blues Band.

ROCKMAN

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1761
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home