Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Brian Jones - 'A Friend of Mine' by Pete Townshend
Date: January 18, 2013 21:28

latebloomer
24FPS
TheDailyBuzzherd
Well now, that's Kinky.

Yes, but still not a drug death. Marc Bolan went the old fashioned Eddie Cochran way of car crash. Moon might be the first major British drug death in rock; one that actually affected a major group. There's just nothing comparable to American Rock being beheaded by 4 major artists at their peak a 13 month period that began with Hendrix and ended with 24-year old Duane Allman. It was even more traumatic than the earlier rock tragedy that saw Buddy Holly and Eddie Cochran die, while Chuck Berry was thrown in prison on a trumped up violation of the Mann Act, something for which 25-year old Elvis Presley probably did violate with 15-year-old Priscilla, who actually lived in his house.

Not that I wanted, or ever want, something tragic to happen to British rockers. I guess peaceful John Lennon being gunned down outside his own dwelling in NYC was harsh enough. So...be a rich rock star with access to pharmaceutically pure dope seems to be the message here. And don't be a dumbass and carry a year's supply into Canada with you.

Except that this is what Keith credits for getting him to quit, so it turned out to be maybe not so dumbass after all.winking smiley

Nick Drake OD'd.

Re: Brian Jones - 'A Friend of Mine' by Pete Townshend
Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 18, 2013 23:32

DandelionPowderman
latebloomer
24FPS
TheDailyBuzzherd
Well now, that's Kinky.

Yes, but still not a drug death. Marc Bolan went the old fashioned Eddie Cochran way of car crash. Moon might be the first major British drug death in rock; one that actually affected a major group. There's just nothing comparable to American Rock being beheaded by 4 major artists at their peak a 13 month period that began with Hendrix and ended with 24-year old Duane Allman. It was even more traumatic than the earlier rock tragedy that saw Buddy Holly and Eddie Cochran die, while Chuck Berry was thrown in prison on a trumped up violation of the Mann Act, something for which 25-year old Elvis Presley probably did violate with 15-year-old Priscilla, who actually lived in his house.

Not that I wanted, or ever want, something tragic to happen to British rockers. I guess peaceful John Lennon being gunned down outside his own dwelling in NYC was harsh enough. So...be a rich rock star with access to pharmaceutically pure dope seems to be the message here. And don't be a dumbass and carry a year's supply into Canada with you.

Except that this is what Keith credits for getting him to quit, so it turned out to be maybe not so dumbass after all.winking smiley

Nick Drake OD'd.

But Nick Drake was hardly a major rock or pop star, which was the point made by the poster above, as Drake couldn't even make enough in album sales to support his marijuana habit. Besides, his death was more than likely a suicide. Along the same lines, Pete Ham of Badfinger was another such demise--don't recall how he did it, though.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1338
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home