Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: New and exciting bands?
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 20, 2013 10:16

Someone said The Answer. I said them open AC/DC in 08 or so and they were very good. They had a solid first album. I have their other two since then and I don't think they've been as great. They seemed to have promise opening for AC/DC. I kind of haven't heard of them since, but they have that cool Zeppelin sound that is harder to find these days.

Foxy Shazam are outstanding, especially in terms of live shows. They are my favorite band out there today just because they are cool, unpredictable, and just plain fun. They are getting bigger too which is nice to see. They started out not my style of music, but their most recent album was very inspired by Glam Rock and it really connected with me. Their self titled album before their newest is also very good.

There are other bands that aren't very new but I consider new since they are from this past decade. Jet were very good in the last 10 years, but have unfortunately broken up at the moment. They have 3 great albums though if you want to go back and check them out. Again, not new, but My Chemical Romance's The Black Parade album from 2006 or 07 was outstanding IMO. Killer job on their part, but I'm not a fan of any of their other work. Buckcherry's discography is very good, but again not really new. Slash's recent solo material is excellent.

Honestly, I don't know many bands since the 90s that are like the new Zeppelin or Pink Floyd. Just people that are massively popular and extend to a really wide audience. Its mostly pop, and rock has become more underground. Most of the band's I've listed that I've discovered in the past 10 years are really great, but have been in smaller places for years now. They don't ever move up to arenas, and unfortunately I think their material suffers from that. As much as I love Buckcherry, they don't ever really get bigger, which results in them putting out albums that are all very similar. Or you have bands like The Answer, who have a great debut, a great opening spot push from a classic rock band, then just totally fade away (at least in America). I know people tell me there is good music out there that I just have to look for. But in terms of finding the next Stones or huge 60s or 70s band, its difficult IMO. There aren't many. The only one I really can say is the biggest at the moment is Foo Fighters, and I do love them. And they continue to get better as they get more famous to a degree. But arena straight ahead rock acts seem to almost be a thing of the past.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2147
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home