Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: How can Keith be so effective after 5 years?
Date: January 3, 2013 22:06

StonesTod
DandelionPowderman
Ridiculous? I liked it. It tells a story in very few words

what was the plot?

How to rock

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: January 3, 2013 22:09

its only 5 strings, 3 chords, 2 hands, and ..

well you know the rest...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 3, 2013 22:11

duke richardson

The truth?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 3, 2013 22:16

...gotta be the 5 year itch ... it's a guy thing

ROCKMAN

Date: January 3, 2013 22:19

uh...he knows how to make lemonade out of lemons?

Come on, there should be some sort of prize for this...

Date: January 3, 2013 22:21

treaclefingers
duke richardson

The truth?

you want the truth?

cool smiley

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: January 3, 2013 22:23

...water inta wine would be a bigger trick at any party ...

ROCKMAN

Date: January 3, 2013 22:37

duke richardson
treaclefingers
duke richardson

The truth?

you want the truth?

cool smiley

I can't handle the trooth

Date: January 3, 2013 22:49

treaclefingers
duke richardson
treaclefingers
duke richardson

The truth?

you want the truth?

cool smiley

I can't handle the trooth

OK these cats are up to no good...

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 3, 2013 23:27

DandelionPowderman
StonesTod
DandelionPowderman
Ridiculous? I liked it. It tells a story in very few words

what was the plot?

How to rock

he plagiarized, then. that story has been told countless times.

Date: January 4, 2013 00:03

That's why he didn't need so many words...

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: January 4, 2013 00:16

I thought Keith's licks, fills and solos were great on the recent shows.
Wth Keith it's always been about the feel, the roll.
Mayer and Clarke were great too, but shredding gets boring. It's the feel baby.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: January 4, 2013 00:28

DandelionPowderman

However, his I'm Going Down-solo on the first show really did shut up Jeff Beck's sqeeching. That was priceless - and best of all; I was there to see it thumbs up

Strange..Jeff refused to adapt to the Stones sound.. Beck is a bit of a bastard, always in for a musical joke, although the Stones seemed to enjoy him, and that's an understatement. But in the end it was a Stones party.

Date: January 4, 2013 00:35

DandelionPowderman
That's why he didn't need so many words...

or maybe he just doesn't know many?

Date: January 4, 2013 00:36

Deathgod
Wth Keith it's always been about the feel, the roll.
It's the feel baby.

oh. that again.

Posted by: MissNBrian ()
Date: January 4, 2013 01:02

crumbling_mice

He is never going to be the Keith of 1969, just as I won't be the crumbling mice of 1979 when I played my best guitar. But musicians adapt and we focus on our strengths. It was fantastic to see Keith concentrating on laying the rhythm down, he looked like the grandad of Rock n Roll. I prefer this to say the 40 licks or ABB tour where he was posing throughout the show, but playing hardly anything.

The man has matured, he is confident in his role, he doesnt have to prove anything and he enjoys it. Let's enjoy him while we can.

I think these 2 paragraphs sums it up ... thumbs up smileys with beer

"Doctor please, some more men please,
To Cotchford Farm, out by the pool...

What a drag it is they couldn't revive him"

Brian Jones 2/28/42 - 7/2/69

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: January 4, 2013 01:49

Seems like he give a f*ck now. His solo at The Super Bowl was beyond embarrassing perhaps he heard it. Keith is an icon and a genius if I had to complain I'd say over the years he took the stage for granted and was often trashed beyond respect for the audience. Apparently that's water under the bridge now but it's not silly to think the the band could have been mightier in the past 20 years had he thought about the crowd and his mates more. Still that wouldn't be Keith and we still love him even though he now lives in Connecticut.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: January 4, 2013 01:50

Because he is Keith Richards

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: January 4, 2013 01:57

Simple. He got (at least relatively) sober. Lots of people in the Stones camp say Keith was drinking heavily - even by Keef standards - towards the end of the ABB Tour. This was made worse because alcohol interacts badly with the medication he had to take after his head injury. Having followed the Stones for decades, I would make an educated guess that Mick demanded that Keith sober up and focus on his playing or there would be no shows. Knowing how much Keith loves playing onstage with The Rolling Stones, the thought that it may never happen again may just have been the impetus for him to bite the bullet and get down to business. He obviously appears more sober, focused, and concentrating on the contribution that the Stones require from him in order to sound like the Stones. No, he may never play with the panache and abandon we loved from about '69 - '82, but he sounds a lot more like the Keith Richards we love than he has in a long time. Plus, as mentioned elsewhere, he's not so young anymore, but given his history of copious chemical ingestion, it's a miracle he's playing so well at his age....not to mention still being alive!

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: January 4, 2013 02:01

DandelionPowderman
Ridiculous? I liked it. It tells a story in very few words, compared with the others. As a journalist i like that grinning smiley

However, his I'm Going Down-solo on the first show really did shut up Jeff Beck's sqeeching. That was priceless - and best of all; I was there to see it thumbs up

Good call thumbs up

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: January 4, 2013 02:03

ROLLINGSTONE
DandelionPowderman
Ridiculous? I liked it. It tells a story in very few words, compared with the others. As a journalist i like that grinning smiley

Good call thumbs up
Beck is a one trick pony and very snooty.. I thought Woody took it to him as well.

Posted by: GADAWG ()
Date: January 4, 2013 03:04

Rolling Hansie

Absolutely fkin right

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: January 4, 2013 03:07

GADAWG
Rolling Hansie

Absolutely fkin right

HELL YEAH!!! KEITHFKGRICHARDS!!!!

Posted by: mgguy ()
Date: January 4, 2013 03:40

stonesdan60
Simple. He got (at least relatively) sober. Lots of people in the Stones camp say Keith was drinking heavily - even by Keef standards - towards the end of the ABB Tour. This was made worse because alcohol interacts badly with the medication he had to take after his head injury. Having followed the Stones for decades, I would make an educated guess that Mick demanded that Keith sober up and focus on his playing or there would be no shows. Knowing how much Keith loves playing onstage with The Rolling Stones, the thought that it may never happen again may just have been the impetus for him to bite the bullet and get down to business. He obviously appears more sober, focused, and concentrating on the contribution that the Stones require from him in order to sound like the Stones. No, he may never play with the panache and abandon we loved from about '69 - '82, but he sounds a lot more like the Keith Richards we love than he has in a long time. Plus, as mentioned elsewhere, he's not so young anymore, but given his history of copious chemical ingestion, it's a miracle he's playing so well at his age....not to mention still being alive!
elegant, thoughtful, well scripted and insightful post, I concur.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: January 4, 2013 04:00

Crumblingmice said it all.

Keith's obviously healed up. The head wound was probably more serious than they let out to the press. Why they continued with the tour was probably due to the amount of cash and insurance loss they would have incurred. He was most likely on some very strong neural drugs, combined with the injury, created the usual related problems with lack of concentration, probably some hearing issues, fine and gross motor issues.
Keith's said in interviews he is sober. And it showed. He isn't drinking as much and probably mostly only smoking da weed. Which as was stated above helps with the arthritis, and strangely will help with his musical ear, and coordination. Yeah, Keith is in his 70s not playing the same as the 70's. So what else would you expect? But, these shows showed us a new Keith, full of focus, grim determination, and a need to disprove the cynics.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: January 4, 2013 07:02

am i the only one that thinks keith has along way to go before he's anywhere near where he was?

Date: January 4, 2013 10:19

24FPS
am i the only one that thinks keith has along way to go before he's anywhere near where he was?

Yes. Simply because he was at a bad, bad place, and now he is above that place. There are greater heights to reach, though smiling smiley

Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: January 4, 2013 10:56

mgguy
stonesdan60
elegant, thoughtful, well scripted and insightful post, I concur.

Awww....thank ya kindly!

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: January 4, 2013 11:24

laertisflash
I think there is an optimistic element here: Probably was not arthritis the main reason why Keith had problems during some parts of ABB tour (although i hadn't seen and heard the definition of a "dead guitarist" then, but that's another story). If Keith's main health problem had to do with arthritis, then he would have more problems on stage in 2012, as he is older now, unless... Unless the postulate "time brings an unavoidable recrudescence of arthritis, you can do nothing about it" is not accurate...

In any case, now Keith seems to be healthy enough, in good shape and in good mood. And, as we have expectations for the next months, not for the next decades, Keith seems to have sufficient "fuel" in his "tank".

PS: RobertJohnson, maybe you have right in general about 70s, but worst Keith ever i have seen and heard was Knebworth's Keith... In 1976.

No it isnt, I dont believe you. winking smiley Sorry but what I mean is Keith was never really bad in the 70s and while the 76 tour wasnt as good as the 1975 tour every show had some great numbers. He was nodding off during Knebworth but still in the game somehow.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: January 4, 2013 11:26

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1799
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home