Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Stones Detroit 81
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 31, 2012 18:01

proudmary
punkfloyd
This is the tour that Mick began to see himself as more of a professional athlete than an artist.

what a nonsense! He does what all dancers do when preparing to perform on stage. Thanks to this dedication to his art, Mick can do what he does on stage now - at 69. I know that Richards is ever mocking all things Mick but in 2012 we can say for sure what's better to maintain the artistic form - unlimited cocktails with vodka or the ability to take care of yourself and your body.

I was impressed with Mick's dedication too proudmary and it has surely been a huge part of what has kept him in the great shape that he is today, both mentally and physically. Keith, despite all the reported drinking he did back then, looks great in these videos as well, much better than he did in the late 70's. That short glimpse of Patti Hansen was neat to see, she really was stunning and still is today. They all looked good then, it is a nice time capsule of the guys when they were all still strong and at the peak of their abilities.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 31, 2012 18:03

ok- you're in love with him too, bloomer. you and mary will have to draw straws or something to see who gets him.

Date: December 31, 2012 18:14

Stones Tod you're just trying to change the subject cause the Cowboys lost last night. Go get a cup of coffee.

Date: December 31, 2012 18:19

latebloomer
Stones Tod you're just trying to change the subject cause the Cowboys lost last night. Go get a cup of coffee.

i don't understand how we lose to these native americans - we have guns and they only have arrows and pea-shooters

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 31, 2012 19:00

StonesTod
latebloomer

i don't understand how we lose to these native americans - we have guns and they only have arrows and pea-shooters
why can't we all get along?on second thought it's more fun to not get along !

Date: December 31, 2012 19:07

TheGreek
StonesTod
latebloomer

StonesTod is just grumpy because he invited us all over for New Years eve and now he has to clean the house.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 31, 2012 19:16

A minor quibble, but it isn't really Detroit. It is Pontiac Michigan. My first Stones show I saw. I was in High School in Plymouth Michigan, about an hour away. I remember seeing those shows on evening news and really being stoked. The show itself was one of those defining teen adventure that guided me for years to come. Great memories! THE DOME!

Date: December 31, 2012 19:18

latebloomer
TheGreek
StonesTod
latebloomer

StonesTod is just grumpy because he invited us all over for New Years eve and now he has to clean the house.

i don't need an excuse to be grumpy. i'm old, ugly and stupid. those are solid reasons.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 31, 2012 19:20

may i suggest some kind bud!

Posted by: Dan ()
Date: December 31, 2012 19:36

Is there a pre-You Tube DVD of this available anywhere?

Posted by: no satisfaction ()
Date: December 31, 2012 19:38

hot smileythanks for this post...I was here the 30th nov...Nice to see that..

Posted by: rlngstns ()
Date: December 31, 2012 19:41

i was there as well...What a buzz the Silverdome was...Great times

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 31, 2012 20:05

palerider22

Mick to Keith during the gig : "Whoa man look at this sea of cash... I mean sea of people!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-31 20:06 by dcba.

Posted by: detroitken ()
Date: December 31, 2012 20:06

brings back some great memories

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: December 31, 2012 21:37

Gazza
JMARKO
I'm guessing this is the raw footage from ABC-TV's 20/20 piece about the 1981 tour. Rona Barrett interviewed Mick and the live footage was mainly from You Can't Always Get What You Want from Detroit. Looks like they had quite a lot of access.

This is the typical stuff that runs under a voiceover: "it takes a team of blah blah to set up the massive stage" "at 40 years old Jagger is still in top physical shape. He estimates he runs blah blah miles onstage every night and does a complete per-show routine of calisthenics and stretches to keep his body and voice in tune..."

Judging from the titles splattered across it, and the time code, someone got a preview copy - or captured it from an online archive - and it has leaked.

Fascinating stuff if you ask me. Too bad it compressed to hell now.
Thanks for sharing it.

J

Excellent call. I'd bet you're absolutely right.

In the first video, I think that's Rona Barret who he says hello to and shakes hands with.

Posted by: Shott ()
Date: January 1, 2013 01:22

My first show. General admission so everyone was there by dawn or so getting hammered in parking lot. Then they let you in by about 3 and you watched other Detroiters having fist fights until Iggy Pop came on and I am pretty sure walked off the stage after people were throwing stuff at him (wanting the Stones), but then Santana killed it and the buzz afterwards was they his was the better set.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: January 2, 2013 01:58

JMARKO
I'm guessing this is the raw footage from ABC-TV's 20/20 piece about the 1981 tour. Rona Barrett interviewed Mick and the live footage was mainly from You Can't Always Get What You Want from Detroit. Looks like they had quite a lot of access.

You sure about "20/20"? Zentgraf's site has it listed as "Inside & Out":

5th December: US TV ( ) ‘Inside & Out’. Host: Rona Barrett. Incl.
- interview with MJ (backstage in Pontiac 30.11.81)
- Jumping Jack Flash (MJ/KR) -Pontiac 30.11.81
- Satisfaction (MJ/KR) -Pontiac 30.11.81
- Waiting On A Friend (MJ/KR) -Pontiac 30.11.81
- You Can’t Always Get What You Want (MJ/KR) -Pontiac 30.11.81

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1463
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home