Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones Archive flac Availability
Posted by: davidl ()
Date: December 29, 2012 19:05

I am in the US and so have not been able to buy the releases in flac format. However I have a colleague in the UK who has purchased them for me in flac format. Today when I went to the Stones website, I found the following message on the page for all 6 of the releases: 'These downloads are not available to customers in the United States, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, France, or Germany'. This message apparently applies to both the flac and mp3 formats.

Of course I can still access the 320kbps MP3s via Google in the US, but I was wondering how someone in the UK is now supposed to buy the official bootlegs.

Best,

David

P.S., I apologize if this has already been discussed.

Re: Stones Archive flac Availability
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: December 29, 2012 20:57

davidl

Of course I can still access the 320kbps MP3s via Google in the US, but I was wondering how someone in the UK is now supposed to buy the official bootlegs.

Best,

David

P.S., I apologize if this has already been discussed.

Only through Google Play. Stones Archive is no more available in the UK, France, Germany and Spain I believe. Which means all the people living in these countries can't access anymore to the legitimate FLAC downloads.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: December 29, 2012 22:35

Well I just loogged into stones archive and as far as I can see they are still there in flac .

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: December 29, 2012 22:37

I live in Italy and I bought all boots via official website with no problem

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 29, 2012 22:54

adotulipson
Well I just loogged into stones archive and as far as I can see they are still there in flac .

You're right, the FLACs are still there, but when you click on the "buy" button it says this: Please Note: This download is not available to customers in the United States, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, France, or Germany.
[www.stonesarchivestore.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: December 30, 2012 00:21

Deltics
adotulipson

You're right, the FLACs are still there, but when you click on the "buy" button it says this: Please Note: This download is not available to customers in the United States, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, France, or Germany.

Well just pressed buy and got no message I'm not goung to press the buy again though as I have already bought them

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-30 00:25 by adotulipson.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: December 30, 2012 07:43

The Google contract is bullshit
The countries with Google Music available are not eligible to FLAC anymore
Sucks big time

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: December 30, 2012 07:56

adotulipson
Deltics
adotulipson

Well just pressed buy and got no message I'm not goung to press the buy again though as I have already bought them

This is what I see:

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: December 30, 2012 23:32

Good post, Deltics.

It gives a good idea of current state of music industry. It seems unreal that some of the biggest music buyer countries can't officially buy these shows in the highest quality available. - Just like if in the 70's USA, Germany, France, Spain, Italy and U.K. were not allowed to buy regular vinyl LP's but only cassettes...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-30 23:34 by kowalski.

Date: December 31, 2012 00:37

UM so goes this mean that the flacs will inevitably get onto torrent sites now then.
Serve them right if that happened .
Shoul have relesed them on cd or vinyl anyway.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1730
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home