Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182...LastNext
Current Page: 77 of 93
Re: OT: Weather around the world
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 19, 2020 05:15

Drumcondra 6.14am --- 19 September 2020

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: September 19, 2020 21:20

so... that brings up an interesting question -Is there a pier fee? I cannot assess the waters if restrictive access is not allowed -

There have been strange occurrences in past pics posted. I may disguise as a fisherman or local... and use currency available. If unknown is lurking - could be a break - waves that is

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: September 21, 2020 01:17

Sally came directly over my home. Glad to see it gone. Pensacola Florida is a mess and will be for a while. But it is humbling to see the workers and aid that are currently flowing into our city.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 5, 2020 06:05

I know this image will change as the model forecast changes but as of tonight, Sunday, expected category 2 Hurricane Delta will basically be over my house Friday evening. If that happens winds will be near 90 mph here near the coast of Lake Pontchartrain.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 5, 2020 11:10

In Europe we've got Storm Alex causing floods and landslides.

Date: October 6, 2020 03:51

Delta to blow up to a 3, may even get to a 4 for a brief period. Path has shifted west but if Gamma weakens even more than the path will shift east again.

Date: October 6, 2020 19:00

GasLightStreet
Delta to blow up to a 3, may even get to a 4 for a brief period. Path has shifted west but if Gamma weakens even more than the path will shift east again.

As you already know- NE side of Storm is the worst - Stay safe Do you have H. Shutters?

Date: October 7, 2020 09:45

Drumcondra 6.58am --- 4 October 2020

ROCKMAN

Date: October 7, 2020 18:30

Chris Fountain
GasLightStreet

As you already know- NE side of Storm is the worst - Stay safe Do you have H. Shutters?

I don't have shutters. My windows are single pane handblown glass so I just don't worry about it, they'd still break even if boarded up. This house has been through a few hurricanes and all the windows except for one pane that was broken from someone leaning into it are from 1931 or so. Past experience has revealed that, weirdly enough in an area full of trees, nothing seems to ever hit windows, it's all usually higher up.

Of course, we haven't been truly hit by a hurricane in eons here, the center, way before my time, so the wind hasn't ever gotten bad enough directly. We were on the weak side of Katrina's eyewall and Gustav lost a lot of strength so, aside from trees landing in and on houses, nothing brutal overall (other than some flooding from storm tide and surge and the odd tornado).

Delta will be far enough west to not really be an issue wind wise where I live. It will certainly be windy and some trees might come down and the power could go out for days or a week but it shouldn't be a big deal. Baton Rouge will have a lot of issues though.

Posted by: ChrisL ()
Date: October 7, 2020 18:32

GasLightStreet
Chris Fountain
GasLightStreet

I don't have shutters. My windows are single pane handblown glass so I just don't worry about it, they'd still break even if boarded up. This house has been through a few hurricanes and all the windows except for one pane that was broken from someone leaning into it are from 1931 or so. Past experience has revealed that, weirdly enough in an area full of trees, nothing seems to ever hit windows, it's all usually higher up.

Of course, we haven't been truly hit by a hurricane in eons here, the center, way before my time, so the wind hasn't ever gotten bad enough directly. We were on the weak side of Katrina's eyewall and Gustav lost a lot of strength so, aside from trees landing in and on houses, nothing brutal overall (other than some flooding from storm tide and surge and the odd tornado).

Delta will be far enough west to not really be an issue wind wise where I live. It will certainly be windy and some trees might come down and the power could go out for days or a week but it shouldn't be a big deal. Baton Rouge will have a lot of issues though.

Good luck GLS. And everyone else in the path.

Date: October 8, 2020 03:45

Delta will be more of a problem for where Laura went than anything around New Orleans. Expecting a 5 foot storm surge, 30 mph winds and some rain.

Date: October 9, 2020 01:03

According to sources this is the sixth time a hurricane has hit or scraped Louisiana in 2020

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-09 01:11 by Chris Fountain.

Date: October 9, 2020 04:59

Chris Fountain
According to sources this is the sixth time a hurricane has hit or scraped Louisiana in 2020

In the cone, for sure, and effected.

Marco never actually made landfall and never did anything to Louisiana but it's officially tallied for some pathetic reason. So Delta will be 4 landfalling named tropical cyclones. Florida had 3 in 2004 (Ivan made landfall in Alabama) and way long ago had 4 in two different seasons.

Florida has zero this year.

Date: October 14, 2020 03:03

There's a model that has been insistent on showing 348 hours out (14 days) that has a major hurricane hitting south Florida. This time of year is ripe for that to happen historically for the western Caribbean and the GOM. It's a similar set up to Hurricane Wilma and has elements of how Hurricane Sandy was predicted weeks in advance.

Obviously time will tell.

Date: October 27, 2020 02:08

Looks like the model was onto something considering Hurricane Zeta, which is expected to come close by where I live (it was, like at least one other, projected to go right over where I live as of yesterday, but we know not to take those early projected paths too seriously).

This will be the... 5th, officially, landfalling named storm in Louisiana this season and the seventh storm to have LA in a cone, which totals 3 weeks.

Date: October 27, 2020 02:08

And... by mid-November expect up to possibly 3 more hurricanes in the Caribbean.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: October 27, 2020 22:54

Meanwhile in Canada... eye popping smiley

Date: October 27, 2020 22:58

Man you Canadian sure know how ta waste cocaine ....

ROCKMAN

Date: October 28, 2020 20:33

Zeta is coming and gaining strength still! 100 mph sustained winds and expected to get higher, possibly category 3! It's getting breezy!

(stock photo, not my flags)

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 29, 2020 00:47

Rockman

LOL

Date: October 30, 2020 01:46

For the first time since Hurricane Isaac I emptied the entire contents of my fridge into the garbage. Got a little stinky.

Date: October 30, 2020 12:19

GasLightStreet
For the first time since Hurricane Isaac I emptied the entire contents of my fridge into the garbage. Got a little stinky.

What's the Latest from the Bayou?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-30 13:17 by Chris Fountain.

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: October 30, 2020 15:08

it's snowing in Brooklyn Ct.

Date: October 30, 2020 23:29

please switchblade ...
I've never seen snow ....
can ya box some up and send me ..... express

ROCKMAN

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: October 30, 2020 23:32

Rockman

grinning smiley You beat me to a peruvian marching powdah joke Terry, was about to comment on your request to get sent some cold stuff by writing that the aussie customs will be quite a hurdle considering they're among the toughest in the world..winking smiley

Date: October 30, 2020 23:35

Surely you guys over there have
a nuclear sub with a good freezer ..... HHHHaaaaaaaaa

ROCKMAN

Date: October 31, 2020 00:02

Let's see what emerges from Drumcondra Bay - Better take cover! Tugboat is missing...what else ??? Camera seems like a liability- drinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2020-10-31 00:03 by Chris Fountain.

Date: October 31, 2020 00:04

Channel there so Nuc sub could get ta pier ....

ROCKMAN

Date: October 31, 2020 00:25

Drumcondra 6.24am --- 30 October 2020

Okay Max I gave a friend a few beers and
High-viz vest to wait and watch for ya Nuc sub ....

ROCKMAN

Date: October 31, 2020 00:37

Rock- I think y're safe - attacks would be in asymeterical forms such as phishing and social shadowing and software trickery.

I deem Drumcondra safe, however the whereabouts of tugboat is disconcerting.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7273747576777879808182...LastNext
Current Page: 77 of 93

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1457
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home