Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"One More Shot" PPV on DVD/CD?
Posted by: TheMeaning ()
Date: December 24, 2012 16:03

With Christmas Day arriving tomorrow, maybe it's appropriate to start
a discussion about the chance of an "Official/Authorized" release of
The Stones 50th Anniversary shows: either a compilation of all 5 gigs,
or perhaps just the entirety of the "One More Shot" PPV Special released
on DVD/CD?.. Being one of the lucky attendees of the 12-15-12 Concert,
I would certainly love to see the show(s) digitally preserved "for posterity".
Merry Christmas!..

Re: "One More Shot" PPV on DVD/CD?
Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: December 24, 2012 16:25

The PPV show makes sense, but please include some extras from O2.
I would love to see Lady Jane included.

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: December 24, 2012 16:26

I don't see how it would be inappropriate to talk about it, since this has been discussed thoroughly since the concerts were announced, and even more thoroughly since the concerts have wrapped up. It might be redundant, but not inappropriate.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: December 24, 2012 16:54

I have a digital copy on my dvr...converted to dvd...converted to cd...oh, then I also converted the cd to mp3 for my ipod. Guess you could say it was a Christmas present to myself.smileys with beer

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 24, 2012 17:04

I'd like a box set containing each show.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 24, 2012 17:27

Unlikely...but did anybody notice how much "official" filming was going on at ther other shows ?

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 24, 2012 18:06

Spud
Unlikely...but did anybody notice how much "official" filming was going on at ther other shows ?

Mick said in 1995 "We film and record evry show".

Date: December 24, 2012 20:57

ChefGuevara

Absolutely! Sure was hoping they would do it for the PPV.

Date: December 24, 2012 20:58

MingSubu

Yes, that would be "killer"!thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 25, 2012 06:40

Ibeleive that the 12/15 or one of the London shows will be released. I'd like th bonus footage to be every song they played like Around and Around and Lady Jane

Date: December 25, 2012 06:47

MingSubu

the stones aren't the grateful dead

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 25, 2012 18:09

shadooby
I have a digital copy on my dvr...converted to dvd...converted to cd...oh, then I also converted the cd to mp3 for my ipod. Guess you could say it was a Christmas present to myself.smileys with beer

Excellent!

NOW, in excruciating detail, can you please explain the very first step, going from your dvr...do you have a dvd burner?

I don't and I'm trying to figure out how to go from dvr to laptop, so I can engage in the entertaining process you've managed.

Thank you and Feliz Navidad!

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 25, 2012 21:23

keefriffhard4life
MingSubu

the stones aren't the grateful dead

Sure would nice if they started touring non-stop and all shows passed around.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: December 26, 2012 01:03

A box set w/ all five shows is a great idea, maybe even with footage from the rehearsals and surprise gigs.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: December 26, 2012 05:07

I'd like to see the London shows released since the PPV has in a way already been "released" The set lists for London were more interesting too - IWBYM was really good and Lady Jane was great too.

ChefGuevara

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: December 26, 2012 15:24

treaclefingers
shadooby

Excellent!

NOW, in excruciating detail, can you please explain the very first step, going from your dvr...do you have a dvd burner?

I don't and I'm trying to figure out how to go from dvr to laptop, so I can engage in the entertaining process you've managed.

Yes, I have a stand-alone dvd player/recorder connected to my dvr.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-26 15:25 by shadooby.

Date: December 26, 2012 19:10

shadooby
treaclefingers
shadooby

Excellent!

Yes, I have a stand-alone dvd player/recorder connected to my dvr.

OK thanks...that doesn't help my situation...I'll try and find a way to extract the file from the DVR online...someone must have figured that out by now.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: December 26, 2012 21:47

i got the dvd .highly recomend it !!!!!!!!!!

Date: December 27, 2012 15:55

TheGreek

Did you buy a boot, or is it 'home made'?

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: December 27, 2012 16:11

treaclefingers
TheGreek

I got a boot of the dvd off ebay... cost me 20 bucks and is great quality. I chose not to go to any of the shows based on the tix prices. I really wanted to go and experience the event but could not justify the outrageous cost. I hope those who went had a great time.. Now after all the hoopla is over my total investment for this set of shopws is $20 ( even less than the ppv itself)...a much more "friendly" credit card statement coming without the "post concert withdrawal"

Date: December 27, 2012 16:16

steverogan
treaclefingers
TheGreek

I got a boot of the dvd off ebay... cost me 20 bucks and is great quality. I chose not to go to any of the shows based on the tix prices. I really wanted to go and experience the event but could not justify the outrageous cost. I hope those who went had a great time.. Now after all the hoopla is over my total investment for this set of shopws is $20 ( even less than the ppv itself)...a much more "friendly" credit card statement coming without the "post concert withdrawal"

Well, I opted to 'splurge' and spent $29.95 for the PPV. If I can extract it off my DVR, I'll contain my overall costs to include the price of a blank DVD.

Date: December 27, 2012 16:24

treaclefingers
steverogan
treaclefingers
TheGreek

Well, I opted to 'splurge' and spent $29.95 for the PPV. If I can extract it off my DVR, I'll contain my overall costs to include the price of a blank DVD.

I woulda done the same but do not have the knowledge nor equipment to do so.

Date: December 27, 2012 17:34

steverogan
treaclefingers
steverogan
treaclefingers
TheGreek

I woulda done the same but do not have the knowledge nor equipment to do so.

I am similarly challenged

Posted by: njlstones815 ()
Date: December 27, 2012 19:07

I was at all 3 shows in the US and now have them all on CD and DVD!!

Date: December 27, 2012 19:51

njlstones815
I was at all 3 shows in the US and now have them all on CD and DVD!!
Good for you!

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: December 28, 2012 00:29

Barclays is on dvd? I missed that!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 28, 2012 17:23

Apologies for being a little OT...I watched the ppv again last night and during, I believe start me up, the director cut to a shot of Chris Rock dancing next to a blond lady I think is Patti Hansen. Anyone else see this? I looked at a few times last night, I'll check it out again today when I can commandeer the TV from the kids.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 29, 2012 01:11

A pretty reliable source told me they were not making a DVD out of the PPV show...what a DRAG! I didn't bother to record it, thinking I'd just buy it with all of the special features usually attached to these things.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: January 8, 2013 21:59

Wait for the 2013 shows... There will have to be a DVD eventually. They can't go out on tour and not release a DVD of some sort. Maybe even a multi-DVD set! At the very least, we'll get a random live album with strange cover art.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 9, 2013 09:32

latebloomer
Apologies for being a little OT...I watched the ppv again last night and during, I believe start me up, the director cut to a shot of Chris Rock dancing next to a blond lady I think is Patti Hansen. Anyone else see this? I looked at a few times last night, I'll check it out again today when I can commandeer the TV from the kids.

Yeah,I noticed Chris Rock. He had NO IDEA on the words to the song! Sorta shrugged and went "oh well..." when it finished and he was still,sorta, singing.....or miming.....missed who he was with though....

Rgds
Rod
Perth

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1538
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home