Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Reply to KEITHRICHARDS and Keith fans
Posted by: Debra ()
Date: January 17, 2005 21:30

In response to those who put a stamp of approval on Keith's bad behavior I say that it just shows his tremendous immaturity. ( This is in regard to his jealousy of Mick) You may think Mick's solo material is " Popish" although I don't tend to agree; I just think it is certainly different from Keith's solo efforts, which by the way never broke into the top 20 ! It is a matter of taste and I do not approve at all of Keith's personal attacks on Mick; Mick never retaliates and says nasty things about Keith, at least not to the press. I too favor Jagger/Richards material, that goes without saying but it is childish to criticize Mick for wanting to create material on his own or with Dave Stewart. Keith has to learn to temper his criticisms and control his childish outbursts.I know Keith fans will respond but I am also a Keith fan who is disappointed in his treatment of someone who is supposed to be like a brother to him. If any of you had listened to the entire " ALFIE" soundtrack you may have a very different opinion of Mick's compositions; it is truly a wonderful soundtrack.. I can't help but think Keith is not cheering for Mick and that is really too bad.

Re: Reply to KEITHRICHARDS and Keith fans
Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: January 17, 2005 21:34

Debra, I'll respond to what you said in a second, I just want to tell you, that if you can't reply to threads you have to press the "Mark all messages read button" on bottom of the main page that lists all the threads :-)

Date: January 17, 2005 21:43

Thanks alot KeithRichards! I appreciate your help! Why can't I reply the way I used to by just scrolling to the bottom and adding my response? Does IORR know of this problem?

Date: January 17, 2005 21:48

I agree that Keith behaves childish sometimes and some of his comments are certainly over the top. But that's the way he is and Mick knows him good enough not to take it too serious. However, there is always some truth in Keith's statements, in my opinion.

I don't know - I still have that feeling that Mick constantly tries to prove that he could be a star on his own... he's recording pop music because probably he thinks that's the way he attracts the most people, he always trying to please.
I'm not saying it's bad music, I like some of his solo stuff, I really like Old Habits Die Hard, especially the duet with Sheryl.
But that's not the real Mick for me, it seems like he tries to present himself as a person he isn't. He is the frontman of the greatest Rock n'Roll band in the world, he doesn't have to prove anything, and it can't get any better anyway!

And I think Keith's comments are very useful to bring him back where he belongs - to the Rolling Stones. That's where he really shines, with them he is a star!

Date: January 17, 2005 21:49

Debra, we have the problem with these "I can't reply" thing twice a day :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-17 21:50 by KeithRichards.

Posted by: Deidre ()
Date: January 17, 2005 22:05

I don't know what Keith has said about Mick's recent stuff.

But Keith, who has done very little creatively off his own bat in the last 8 years, is hardly one to be critical.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: January 17, 2005 22:09

hi,
thats keef... he has always done that..he's a big kid. and he never grew up. he is a rolling stone... he never knew why mick jagger, mick taylor or bill wyman wanted to do something else. even keith didn't want to do his own album. he said he rather give it to the stones... i do wish jagger put more time writing stones songs.. he is great but much better working with keith. but as keith said before its hard to live in the stones bubble for 30 some years.. mick is also a much more active and outgoing person than keith and mick needs to do more than just sit around waiting for keith to get in a mood..

Date: January 17, 2005 22:25

Perhaps Jagger should ask of Keith,

"Alright in the Critcs' Section? - Got plenty to drink have ya?"!

Date: January 17, 2005 23:04

Well HOTSTUFF, I think alot of us love Keith so we sometimes overlook his nastiness but I have a tough time overlooking it when it gets downright vile and it's unjustified!! And why shouldn't Mick step away from the Stones from time to time? He gets bored with Keith but I'm certain he is not bored with THE ROLLING STONES, KEITHRICHARDS , because it's in his blood. I doubt we have anything to fear about Mick leaving the band; he just needs a breather once in awhile! I'd be scared out of my mind if I thought Mick would just up and quit the band! They are my JOY!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 17, 2005 23:32

If Mick Jagger has a strong urge to try out new genres in a way that wouldn't fit The Rolling Stones then it's good that he does it on his own isn't it?
We heard "Might As Well Get Juiced" which I bet was pure Jagger. That doesn't fit The Stones. But there's no problem in Jagger doing it alone if he really wants to do this stuff. As Lorenz I don't think much of Mick's solo efforts. Except Wandering Spirit though. That's great all the way. Keith's solo albums is good IMO. It's like listening to the soul of the Stones without the musicians we makes The Stones special. It's Stones-like. Let me put it that way. So from listening to The Glimmertwins' solo albums you can hear who is the soul of the Stones, but you can also hear that one without the other will never be as good.
BTW: I'm a Keith fan all the way (Not disliking Jagger or any other Stone), but I too think that those outbursts of anger are childish.

From what I have heard of the Alfie soundtrack I don't really like it all that much. But wether anyone likes it or not Mick Jagger is a good pop song writer.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: January 18, 2005 00:29

It does suck what Keith says about Mick in the press sometimes, I don't blame him for blasting Jagger about his knighthood as I think it is a a complete joke for him to accept the honour considering the Stones history of run ins with Her Majesty’s courts. BUT I agree that he does seem to be overly critical on Mick’s solo work. I do still believe that he loves Mick in some way even if they do squabble all the time, he has said that repeatedly and when they are on stage you can tell at least sometimes they really are affectionate towards each other, I don’t think that’s an act!

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: January 18, 2005 06:29

Thats just Keith. I am sure Mick has that side of him too. At least Keith never attempted to hijack his work with the Stones into a solo career.

By the way, I am a Mick fan, but a fact is a fact. The contract the band signed with CBS had a secret clause for a Jagger solo album. IT WAS KEPT A SECRET FROM EVEN KEITH.

There is a lot of history between these 2 people and we only know the TIP of the iceberg.

Milo, NYC
Things are not what they seem

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: January 18, 2005 17:47

hi,
i think its like 2 brothers.. mick loves keith and keith loves mick..
mick is the outgoing and popular brother and keith is the quiet one, the shy one.
mick knows keith and excepts the way he is... i do too.. sadly when keith gets hurt or is up set he talks about it to anyone.. he has never been very political or diplomatic! their twins... or i like to think they are like coins..one's heads and the other is tails... and you need both to make it work!! ha...

Posted by: R ()
Date: January 18, 2005 17:57

We are really plumbing the depths for discussion subject matter today, aren't we?

Date: January 19, 2005 01:12

Deidre hit the nail on the head! Keith's solo material is just plain lousy, in my opinion and so he is not the guy to criticize Mick's efforts! Wait until Mick wins the Academy Award for " OLd Habits"!! HE'll have a seizure!

Date: January 19, 2005 02:58

NO!!!! I didn't say that.

I said he has no right to criticize Mick, who keeps himself creatively occupied, when he, Keith, has done very little, if any, of his own stuff in recent years.

My opinion, on recent performance, would be that Keith has lost his creative touch. Perhaps he has been honest enough to admit it, though.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: January 19, 2005 05:26

Yeah, agree with Deirdre. Without any credit (regarding solo recordings in the recent years) one shouldn't be picking on Mick for releasing stuff like "Alfie".

Mr Edward

Posted by: johang ()
Date: January 19, 2005 05:38

Mick Jagger is a joke.

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: January 19, 2005 05:44

It's only rock´n roll, but I like it!!!

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: January 19, 2005 05:45

Then Keith is Benny Hill...

Mr Edward

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-20 01:45 by mr edward.

Date: January 19, 2005 19:21

Benny Hill?

No. He's "Old Bums-rush Richards".

Date: January 20, 2005 00:54

Johang, sad to be ignored, isn't it?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 20, 2005 07:35

To Hot Stuff, you have that backwards.
Keith is the one who is always in the mood, it's actually the rest of the STONES who wait on Mick, (because of Micks Film and Cricket, or solo endeavors, not to mention his various other interests).

To Debra, Mick does bash Keith in the Press, by talking down about him in a flippy way, he's done so all along, (something the media can write about)>>>It's all for publicity, and Keith is the instigator of most all the bullshit for the press. It keeps the Stones in the news smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1992
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home