Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Best Show
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: December 19, 2012 05:34

We've all seen the UTUBES and many of us went in person... Which was the best show? I was in Brooklyn and did not feel shortchanged without Taylor but show #4 seems the tightest with the best setlist..

Re: Best Show
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 19, 2012 08:36

DoomandGloom
We've all seen the UTUBES and many of us went in person... Which was the best show? I was in Brooklyn and did not feel shortchanged without Taylor but show #4 seems the tightest with the best setlist..
Agreed. Not a knock to Brooklyn, but that would definitely be the last if I were to rank them. I think 4 had a great combination of not quite knowing exactly what was coming next, John Mayer as a good guest, addition of respectable, tight performance, Lisa on Gimme Shelter. The first show in London was amazing because of the surprise but probably not the tightest. Night 2 lost a bit of magic but had some good changes and a tighter Wyman and Taylor.

I would rank it as: NJ 1, London 2, London 1, NJ 2, Brooklyn. (Possible tie between London 1 and NJ 2).

Posted by: 6s7s9s ()
Date: December 19, 2012 08:53

I like RollingFreak's assessment, as I attended the 2 shows he ranked first and second.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: December 19, 2012 12:43

London 1 because we didn't know what was coming or how f*cking on the band would be,especially Keith.The unannounced entrance of Mick Taylor at the start of Rambler has to be one of the greatest moments EVER.

London 2 - Really hit there Stride

NJ 1 - For Around and Around -I think they manipulated the vote as I was only asked to vote for the PPV and Respectable , which summed up the spirit of these shows - Million note solos followed by the riffster walking to the front of the stage with a "this is how you play rock n roll" break to die for....go Keith !

Brooklyn

NJ 2 - too many guests IMHO

My order of preference will probably change completely over time confused smiley

All the shows where on a level I never thought I'd see again from this band........Amazing, life affirming ROLLING STONES. smileys with beer

sc uk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-19 12:44 by straycatuk.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 19, 2012 14:28

NJ1
Brklyn
L1
NJ2
L2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1284
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home