Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Bill Wyman's Scrapbook release in March 2013
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 18, 2012 18:39

This is a dumb question but what is it in US Dollars?

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: December 18, 2012 18:41

hot stuff
This is a dumb question but what is it in US Dollars?

[www.xe.com]

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 18, 2012 18:58

50 British pounds is $81.00 for deposit.

I AM PISSED. Yesterday I sent emails to Pauline and to the company on the order form. I've heard NOTHING.

Even spoke to my credit card company to alert them it was a pounds into dollars transaction. They're fine but have heard NOTHING either.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: December 18, 2012 19:11

THANK YOU!!!
You guys are the best.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 18, 2012 19:25

Title5Take1
Thanks for posting. But not enough—in the preview, anyway—Stones stuff.

Yes that's what's keeping me from ordering it, it seems most of the Stones' related stuff would already be in "Rolling with the Stones"...

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: December 18, 2012 20:42

Nr.66....also the number of my next Rolling Stones concert...this can't be a coincidence winking smiley

Date: December 18, 2012 23:48

Stonesrule, I did send you an e-mail..

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: December 19, 2012 01:28

Gazza
Garbie
Garbie
Just preordered.

Number 49...so I guess I will get the extra photo signes by Wyman (for the first 200 order).

I agree with Gazza and for 179 GBP looks a better price than similar things we saw in the past...

Two after me..... smiling smiley

Yes, theyre numbered sequentially according to when you ordered it, so if your number is between 1 and 200 you get the little extra.

Anyway to determine what # they are up to before ordering. Would hate to be # 201?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 19, 2012 01:33

It would be great to have copy 1962!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 19, 2012 03:06

Sorry Bill, can't buy it right now.

Maybe if you had come to Newark... winking smiley

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 20, 2012 04:43

Pauline, I appreciate your reply re Bill's book.
Never received a reply from the website despite my answers and two separate emails.

Finally gave up.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 20, 2012 07:30

Yawn.

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: December 20, 2012 12:06

I pre-ordered it yesterday and still haven't received any type of confirmation, even though my card has been charged.

What is going on?

Date: December 20, 2012 12:35

Bizarre....

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: December 20, 2012 13:24

strettonbull
I pre-ordered it yesterday and still haven't received any type of confirmation, even though my card has been charged.

What is going on?

Hi, I have the same problem, then I checked the website and found that, what should explain situaion ... (Hopefully)
---------

Christmas response times

Concert Live is now closed for the Christmas break until Monday 7th January. Although we will be trying to respond to as many queries as possible during this period, please allow between 3-5 working days for a response.

----------

Andreas

Posted by: monctonrambler ()
Date: December 21, 2012 02:02

I'd be interested if not for the exchange rate to dollars. 60 GBP to ship to Canada - is Bill carrying them over personally aboard the Queen Mary?

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: January 28, 2013 19:29

Just received this email from Concert Live, which may be of interest if anyone has ordered the book.

Dear Concert Live Customer,

Please read this email carefully. It is not a spam email and we are not asking you to click any links or enter any information anywhere. We take customer data protection extremely seriously and take all precautions to protect all customer data. Unfortunately however, we have encountered a breach of security in our system, which may put some of your data at risk.

We can assure you your credit card information and banking details are not in jeopardy. We do not hold or store this information anywhere on our system. However, if you do use the same registered e-mail address and password you set up with Concert Live on any other sites (e.g. PayPal, Amazon, Facebook, Google Mail, etc.) you should take care to change your passwords on these sites immediately, as well as your Concert Live registered e-mail and password.

We have discovered that these details may have been accessed unlawfully and could be used to access these other accounts if the details are the same. If you have used the same e-mail address and password on any other accounts, please change these as a precaution.

We can assure you that we have taken all appropriate measures to firstly prevent and then rectify this issue, as well as to prevent any future breaches from occurring. We will continue to update you with any news we receive on this matter.

We are deeply sorry for any inconveniences this may cause you and hope this does not affect your relationship with Concert Live in the future, as we consider you a highly respected customer.

Kindest Regards,
Concert Live

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: March 20, 2013 22:38

Got a mail today.
The book has been delayed until April 8th due to Bill having "found more boxes of memorabilia and photos which he thought were lost. Some of the contents found he was very eager to include in the book."

Seriously. You work on this thing for ages, and five days before release you go to the attic and have a second look for stuff. Probably while eating a ham sandwish.

Right.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 21, 2013 06:23

RobberBride
Got a mail today.
The book has been delayed until April 8th due to Bill having "found more boxes of memorabilia and photos which he thought were lost. Some of the contents found he was very eager to include in the book."

Seriously. You work on this thing for ages, and five days before release you go to the attic and have a second look for stuff. Probably while eating a ham sandwish.

Right.

It could be that he is postponing the publication date to better coincide with fresh Stones activity.

No way could you add in material with just a 3-week time frame. The book has to be repaginated and new galleys of the entire book have to be generated, then it's got to be run through editorial to be proofed, then approved and bound up--not even an expedited rush process would cover the work that needs to be done in so short a time.

It seems likely that as The Stones gear up for their concert tour, Bill will be gearing up for his scrapbook tour.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: May 24, 2013 00:42

paulinestroosnijder
Bil is a great story teller so I think it will be a highly entertaining book.

But their service suks Pauline

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1531
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home