Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
If the Stones tour next year-indoor arenas or outdoor stadiums
Posted by: claremont29 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 19:13

If the Stones should do more concerts next year, I do not think they would do any more outdoor stadiums. Although tix prices might be less, it would be a herculean task for the Stones to create a large state enviroment. And Mick could probably not run the large stage as he used to. I always enjoyed the smaller indoor atmosphere and would love to see the Stones perform in 3,000 seat venue. Probably not happening.

Re: If the Stones tour next year-indoor arenas or outdoor stadiums
Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 19:18

The future's got to be arenas

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 16, 2012 19:18

indoor arenas-

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: December 16, 2012 19:21

Stadiums would kill the vibe they achieved during these recent gigs.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 16, 2012 19:29

For four gents with a minimum age of 67, doing two-hour-plus shows outside in unpredictable weather conditions is risky. Remember Chicago on the Bigger Bang? Or the Dripping Away show in Bangalore? I think they'll probably stick to indoor venues as much as they can from now on.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 16, 2012 19:31

Green Lady
For four gents with a minimum age of 67, doing two-hour-plus shows outside in unpredictable weather conditions is risky.

Just look at what happened to William Henry Harrison. (Google it.)

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 16, 2012 19:34

It's time to call it a career. And an amazing one it was, with a glorious, triumphant, climactic end.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 16, 2012 19:36

Outdoor. Why prevent let's say 60 000 people to the preference of 15 000 people outweighted by the tons of greenbucks they have in their pockets. Look at the audience in Newark. But on the other side I know that MJ cannot run an immense stage as he could 6 years ago.

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: December 16, 2012 19:39

jazzbass
It's time to call it a career. And an amazing one it was, with a glorious, triumphant, climactic end.

That makes no sense to me at all. If the shows had been terrible, then it would be time to call it a career.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 20:01

There's not an option here!
Tickets demand will force them to go for stadiums too.
Especially after these 5 gigs.
Playing better than efver. Seemingly being happy to do it too.
The only thing that can stop a new tour is if Mick is unwilling to do it
and I'm a bit worried about that due to what he said in an interview:
"I can't wait till it's over"!!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: talkcheap ()
Date: December 16, 2012 21:25

Fan Since 1964
There's not an option here!
Tickets demand will force them to go for stadiums too.
Especially after these 5 gigs.
Playing better than efver. Seemingly being happy to do it too.
The only thing that can stop a new tour is if Mick is unwilling to do it
and I'm a bit worried about that due to what he said in an interview:
"I can't wait till it's over"!!

I agree, stadiums. Hope they do a world tour next year.

Date: December 16, 2012 22:14

tatters
jazzbass

That makes no sense to me at all. If the shows had been terrible, then it would be time to call it a career.

These sense is to go out squarely on top. With no feelings of anything left to prove.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 16, 2012 22:15

I think they'll go for the "arena" with a selected amount of shows (20-25 max worldwide?) and special guests (with prices to boot alas).

A "for fans" tour configuration as a way to say goodbye (sigh).

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: December 16, 2012 22:21

Stadium shows would be a waste of time. I don't know here in the states if the average fan would be willing to pay big $$

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 22:24

I hope for stadiums.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: December 16, 2012 23:25

Definitely arenas, if tickets will be cheaper..

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: December 16, 2012 23:52

I think the economics of it will dictate stadiums in some markets.

They played special shows with Taylor, Wyman , Clapton Beck ,Ga Ga ETC. in probably the 2 richest cities in the world and struggled (despite the TM hype) to sell them out.

They want a guarantee per show,so promoters will push for bigger shows. Big screens with less running about will be the answer. Maybe the last straw with Cohl was the outdoor shows in November 2006, so I think Spring /summer with arenas slotted in whenever.

Personally the cost was the final straw as far as going to the US shows went.

sc uk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-16 23:54 by straycatuk.

Date: December 16, 2012 23:58

Stay indoors and stick with the tongue stage. Hot and cold temperatures are not good for senior citizens. And stick with doing select shows exactly like they did for these last five. Do five at a time then take a little break and do five more. But please hit the studio and give us that one last great album. Pretty simple. On the other hand, if last night was it, then they went out in a blaze of glory. I can live with that.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: December 17, 2012 00:02

Neither. Club shows.

Posted by: Tantekäthe ()
Date: December 17, 2012 00:33

black n blue
Stadium shows would be a waste of time. I don't know here in the states if the average fan would be willing to pay big $$

?? a contradiction in itself. Revenue from ticket sales = tickets sold x price per ticket

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: December 17, 2012 00:33

They will play stadiums if the promotors offer more money to play stadiums. Period.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 17, 2012 01:37

I'm not worried about Mick playing a venue of any size, np there.

I think they will stick to arenas though.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 17, 2012 02:33

phd
Outdoor. Why prevent let's say 60 000 people to the preference of 15 000 people outweighted by the tons of greenbucks they have in their pockets. Look at the audience in Newark. But on the other side I know that MJ cannot run an immense stage as he could 6 years ago.

Sorry, how do you know that? Just curious as based on the 25th and the PPV I would not be able to make that assertion myself. Besides he doesn't need to run around the stage like in 1981 or 1989 as it was rather ridiculous and no one else does it anyway.

For them to go on I think they need a challenge of sorts, and playing 60/80k stadiums has to be one...and they could also maintain the huge gross of these 5 shows with lower face value.

I honestly can't really see them bothering to play in random arenas outside of huge markets. London and NY being done, that leaves California and Japan I guess, then onto stadiums with ideally a new single or album to add some purpose.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-17 03:10 by gotdablouse.

Date: December 17, 2012 02:47

Personally, I'd like to see them park themselves in Vegas for a year or two playing a small theater 3/4 times/wk. ala Celine Dion.

Date: December 17, 2012 03:15

tatters
jazzbass

Yeah, and they are just getting warmed up. Would be a shame to shut it down when they are playing at such a high level. It is doubtful they did all this work for just five shows, however, if Mick and Keith can't stand each other beyond five shows then it could definitely be over.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: December 17, 2012 09:58

I prefer arena shows way over stadium shows. I think these days an arena may give more of a momentum of a "livetimeexperience" for the people who attend only one show. I hope they considder to stick with the shows like these and have has previously mentioned here and there 5 shows with special guests. I even could imagine that M. Taylor will be a gueat on all these shows while B. Wyman may only cross the channel to Europe, if that'll happen at all.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: December 17, 2012 13:57

If its stadiums maybe Mick can zip about in a golf kart.

Posted by: xke38 ()
Date: December 17, 2012 16:13

I wouldn't be surprised if they went for a run of arena shows per venue in various locations with a sufficiently large catchment area.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: December 17, 2012 20:40

gotdablouse
phd

Sorry, how do you know that? Just curious as based on the 25th and the PPV I would not be able to make that assertion myself. Besides he doesn't need to run around the stage like in 1981 or 1989 as it was rather ridiculous and no one else does it anyway.

For them to go on I think they need a challenge of sorts, and playing 60/80k stadiums has to be one...and they could also maintain the huge gross of these 5 shows with lower face value.

I honestly can't really see them bothering to play in random arenas outside of huge markets. London and NY being done, that leaves California and Japan I guess, then onto stadiums with ideally a new single or album to add some purpose.

You are right it's an assertion for free without any clue or evidence.Just a thought. I would love to have his physical condition at nearly 70.

Date: December 17, 2012 20:47

jazzbass

If Saturday night was it then there is no denying that they went out in a blaze of glory! Yes, A Blaze Of Glory!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2022
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home