Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
how many people did pay and watch for the ppv ...
Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 12:37

i was just thinking how many people in the world have been watching the ppv last night...

Re: how many people did pay and watch for the ppv ...
Posted by: GuessWho ()
Date: December 16, 2012 12:48

I did.....so the confirmed total so far is...... 1

(finished at about 4.40am in the UK so I'm feeling a bit shattered this morning)

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: December 16, 2012 13:00

I've not paid for this show, because I watch all that stuff on YouTube for free.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 16, 2012 16:10

did just like ladykiller. am not gonna pay for it.
and.......the dvds will come out soon enough
jeroen

Posted by: stein ()
Date: December 16, 2012 16:25

Watched and recorded the whole show for free here in Norway, Norwegian TV2

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 16, 2012 16:44

PPV'd

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: December 16, 2012 16:45

stein

Since all fans here are good friends: please upload on youtube or whatever and let us know where and how to watch...?
smiling smiley

Posted by: Shade ()
Date: December 16, 2012 16:53

Unfortunately while we were watching the PPV broadcast on Verizon FIOS, the show was interrupted 4 times, the last of which lasted almost 40 minutes. The first three were short screen time outs with a banner and exclamation point graphic on the screen informing us that we only had a number of minuts left to purchase the show. The last outage started during "Happy" and the broadcast didn't return until the of "YCAGWYW." Suffice to say, we are not amused.

We called Verizon during the last long outage and were on hold forever and transferred twice. Verizon's customer service is pathetic at best. We were first told by a rep that they couldn't even confirm we purchased the concert, which we obviously replied with then why are we calling? If it didn't cost us any money and we couldn't see it then why would we care? Then they asked us to do the old unplug the box routine. Welcome to 1994.

Verizon is a joke; they ruined our night and party for myself, our family, and friends, and I missed a great show by the Stones. How hard is it to run a wire into the stadium and connect it to a camera? We paid for a live concert and didn't get it and there will be no way in hell I pay for that when the bill comes. BTW, we are located just 20 minutes south of Boston, MA, USA.

Sorry for the rant. God Bless the Rolling Stones. Congratulations on 50 years!

Posted by: stein ()
Date: December 16, 2012 17:26

Can anybody tell me how to transfer from TV decoder to PC. Whole show without problems here

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 16, 2012 17:36

stein
Can anybody tell me how to transfer from TV decoder to PC. Whole show without problems here

For most technical advice best to ask on Hotstuff......[www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-16 17:36 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Johannah11 ()
Date: December 16, 2012 17:49

We were at the show on Thursday at the Prudential Center. We also got the PPV last night and recorded it - watched it much later last night and thought it was great. Going to watch it again - can't get enough Stones. Must admit that Lady Gaga's performance of Gimme Shelter felt a bit circus-y - especially after seeing Lisa Fischer on Thursday. I really liked Florence Welch's performance. Lady Gaga is all about kitsch and she definitely brought that last night.

Stones have been so awesome this tour! I definitely want more - and more with Mick Taylor - loved him so much on MR.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 16, 2012 17:53

paid and recorded watchin again now!

Date: December 17, 2012 13:48

well i was happy to pay ( $ 21.00 ) for it, and see my band play live, like they didn't for the last 10 years or so ... now watching it for the 6th time. and lets be honest... go to a pub with friends cost much more.... anyhow im happy the band and specially keith did play so well thumbs up !!!!!

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: December 17, 2012 13:50

paid a tenner on Virgin media and put it onto my DVR.

Posted by: asmallerbang ()
Date: December 17, 2012 14:30

A tenner to yahoo. Worth every penny for the awesome picture and sound quality it delivers to the ipad !

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: December 17, 2012 14:38

Another tenner to Yahoo from me. No streaming issues, available on demand for 30 days, I'm happy enough.

Date: December 17, 2012 14:49

Dreamer
stein

Since all fans here are good friends: please upload on youtube or whatever and let us know where and how to watch...?
smiling smiley

You can still watch it if you sign up. I used the Yahoo-link, cost me only $4.99

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 17, 2012 15:12

Yeah, 720p available, and that will last you 30 days too, bargain of the year!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 17, 2012 15:41

Braincapers

How did you manage that? My DVR absolutely refused to record it.

Posted by: flashhh ()
Date: December 17, 2012 15:57

Wish I had known about the Yahoo deal...I paid $44.99 to TWC and DVR'd it. Very satisfied, tho...what a show!

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: December 17, 2012 16:14

I paid 12 euros here in italy with sky primafila.
only 30 seconds lack of volume almost at the end, I cannot complain

Date: December 17, 2012 16:15

flashhhhh how much do u spend on just one night out with friends .... ?

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: December 17, 2012 16:18

Shade
Unfortunately while we were watching the PPV broadcast on Verizon FIOS, the show was interrupted 4 times, the last of which lasted almost 40 minutes.

We called Verizon during the last long outage and were on hold forever and transferred twice. Verizon's customer service is pathetic at best... they asked us to do the old unplug the box routine. Welcome to 1994.

I had a similar problem with Time Warner. I hit the "Buy" button, it seemed to confirm the purchase, then the screen froze and I got a message saying "On Demand is not available at this time. Please try again later". I've learned from past experience that the way to fix this is not to "try again later" but to do what you did - reboot the box. When it finally came back on, the purchase was no longer there so I had to press the blue "Purchase" button again. Not sure if I'm going to be double-billed but no way I'll pay twice. It was aggravating, to say the least.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: December 17, 2012 16:19

I watched on Yahoo myself. Great quality, didn't expect that. I had 2-3 very short dropouts but image and sound resumed after a couple seconds. Once about halfway through I was somehow logged out of Yahoo and had to log in again to resume watching. Still, quality was amazing on my 120" screen through a projector. Really good value even though it's a bit weird to follow a concert from a recliner - well, at least my feet didn't hurt like after the Brooklyn show!

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: December 17, 2012 16:46

I'll have a guess at less than 100k, but maybe around 50

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: December 17, 2012 22:56

Green Lady
Braincapers

How did you manage that? My DVR absolutely refused to record it.

Sorry bit misleading. Not my tivo, I have a separate DVR so I just set the gig playing and pressed record. Picture quality on DVD is OK and the sound is pretty good.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: December 17, 2012 22:59

Shade
Unfortunately while we were watching the PPV broadcast on Verizon FIOS, the show was interrupted 4 times, the last of which lasted almost 40 minutes. The first three were short screen time outs with a banner and exclamation point graphic on the screen informing us that we only had a number of minuts left to purchase the show. The last outage started during "Happy" and the broadcast didn't return until the of "YCAGWYW." Suffice to say, we are not amused.

We called Verizon during the last long outage and were on hold forever and transferred twice. Verizon's customer service is pathetic at best. We were first told by a rep that they couldn't even confirm we purchased the concert, which we obviously replied with then why are we calling? If it didn't cost us any money and we couldn't see it then why would we care? Then they asked us to do the old unplug the box routine. Welcome to 1994.

Verizon is a joke; they ruined our night and party for myself, our family, and friends, and I missed a great show by the Stones. How hard is it to run a wire into the stadium and connect it to a camera? We paid for a live concert and didn't get it and there will be no way in hell I pay for that when the bill comes. BTW, we are located just 20 minutes south of Boston, MA, USA.

Sorry for the rant. God Bless the Rolling Stones. Congratulations on 50 years!

Gutted for you man. I thought that my provider was spiking the signal with DRM throughout to stop recordings, had my first attempt fail.

But managed to record it onto the DVR just transferring now, should be done in a few hours

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: December 17, 2012 23:09

4,99 $ here in France for perfect quality. Just Fantastic ! Allright for one month ! Thank's Yahoo, and ...The Rolling Stones. Bonsoir from Paris.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: December 17, 2012 23:18

I used Yahoo in New Zealand, ran it thru a laptop on to a large flat screen and was stunned at the clarity. Only had one balckout of maybe 3 seconds, so minor not even sure where it was. Rceorded it all with Debut Video software, a very handy downlaodable program. So ow the whole thing is stored in HD on a hard drive, 2 GB. Well worth the $21 I paid.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: December 17, 2012 23:20

I was really surprised. I watched via Yahoo and watched on TV (with Apple TV) and the quality was excellent.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1435
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home