Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Keith's solo on SFTD
Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: January 16, 2005 04:14

I've alway's felt that this was Keith's best "single line" phrased solo. And, one of the most intense guitar solos anywhere at the time. Any thoughts on this subject?

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Re: Keith's solo on SFTD
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: January 16, 2005 04:26

no thoughts except that we obviously need a new album/tour - folks are running out of material on the Stones boards...

Posted by: jbyrs ()
Date: January 16, 2005 04:32

Absolutely agree! Always wondered how he got that distinct sound on the solo. It's not one that you've heard on any before or since by Keith. Does anyone know the particular guitar and amp used? I'm assuming it was the black Les Paul but not sure.

Date: January 16, 2005 04:33

Jimmy Miller

Date: January 16, 2005 04:40

I saw in a movie once, "Sympathy For The Devil" I think it was titled, where they juxtaposed the Stones in the studio about that time with some black revolutionaries from somewhere. From what I recall, yes, Keith was using the black Les Paul, and, from what I could tell it looked like he was playing it through an old black face Fender "Showman" with what would have contained a single 15" or I think they also made them with 2-12's. My favorite part of the movie was when who I think was Jimmy Miller telling Keith to "turn the guitar down". I actually owned one of these amps when I was a kid, it had the single 15" (D130, JBL) enclosure. What a great amp, I played bass through it until I blew the 15". Wish I still had it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-16 04:45 by RankOutsider.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 16, 2005 05:53

That solo is the one that fits best in a song ever IMO. It's so, as you say, intense.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: January 16, 2005 14:01

It`s also great to see how the solo falls apart during the recording of the song, it looks to me that he doing some jimi hendrix stuff or so.

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: January 16, 2005 14:07

yes indeed..did you hear that one in L.A 1989 ? startling !!

Posted by: wild_horse_pete ()
Date: January 16, 2005 14:13

No, i`m from holland, never went to LA. I hear it on the SMTD dvd. ;-))

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2000
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home