Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Mick Jagger's Singing
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 18, 2012 00:33

Not much to add but yes it's easy to take his great performances for granted when it could go wrong so easily like it almost did at the beginning of JJF at 121212. He makes everyone feel young I guess...sings as well as well as in 1989, hey, I was 20 at the time so I still am ;-) And he didn't even sing the amazing stuff like Worried About You or That's How Strong My Love Is we got at the rehearsal...that was truly mind boggling!

Does he really move around a lot less than in the past, say since 1994? Without going back to the videos of that period I'd be hard pressed to say it's the case, compared to 81 and 89, yes, but frankly it was a bit ridiculous and added little, if anything to the show.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: December 18, 2012 03:44

Very good job for sure. Much improved and much more focused on singing than recent years, I think. I don't care for the running around. Mick is quite compelling even when he stays within 10 feet of the mic stand.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 18, 2012 14:08

stonesnow
whitem8
Jagger's singing on the Pay Per View was absolutely astonishing. Such power, subtly, and more attention to holding notes with nuances. He didn't spend too much time dancing while singing verses and that enabled him to be totally focused on his breathing for the singing. He was the strongest one out there at the PPV. Loved it, and he even breathed new air into War Horses making you appreciate them all over again. A highlight was his singing on Wild Horses. stunningly beautiful and heartfelt.

Yes, even in Start me Up. For once, live, he sang in the middle "take ya places ya never...ever seee-yee-aann" melodically, holding the note on that part just like on the original recording.

Funny, that is one of the things I noticed as well! I was riveted by his performance and was astonished when he fully sang that line.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1762
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home