Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Tell Them What To Play (And How You Feel About It?)
Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:46

This is up on Twitter:

The Rolling Stones @RollingStones 19m

It's confirmed! @ladygaga @springsteen & @theblackkeys will b joining us for #OneMoreShot! What songs should they play? rollingstones.com/watch/

Let them know how you feel about Gaga et al.

smoking smiley

Re: Tell Them What To Play (And How You Feel About It?)
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:51

They don't care. Its just a ploy to get tweets @RollingStones

(But if they did care, the Black Keys need to do Ventilator Blues with the Stones.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-10 19:52 by flacnvinyl.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:52

Let GaGa pick the setlist

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:54

Springsteen........58 channels

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:55

I'm sure they know about our dissapointment of some of their guest. I'm starting to feel they want to rub it in. Hope I'm wrong.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 10, 2012 20:18

frankotero
I'm sure they know about our dissapointment of some of their guest. I'm starting to feel they want to rub it in. Hope I'm wrong.

I agree with frank here. It is highly predictable that the vast majority of typical Stones are going booooo booooo the choice of eggegg... and I am betting they are getting a kick out of it. The shows are sold out... so what.. they are laughing.

I say that knowing full well that gag gag will sell some PPV tickets for them, and picking it as a guest is not a stupid choice, maybe they will get some of her fans on board.... but to ask us fans what we think, lol, yeah, they are rubbing it in.... they know damned well what most of long term Stones fans think of that skanky, copying Madonna, bought and sold, packaged, pumped and dumped, nasty iphone being a guest with our band. I feel sorry for Mick if/when he starts dancing Gimme Shelter with her, like he did Florence.... eggegg is nasty... it's 15 minutes are just about up. It has made it's money and will soon go away... as so many before it have.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-10 20:21 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: December 10, 2012 20:21

Max'sKansasCity, you sound like a grumpy old man. My condolences.

Date: December 10, 2012 20:21

GumbootCloggeroo

You have me mistaken for someone who gives a shit what you think.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: December 10, 2012 20:23

Max'sKansasCity
GumbootCloggeroo

You have me mistaken for someone who gives a shit what you think.
smileys with beer

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 10, 2012 20:28

I've defended Gaga as an artist here before; she does write all of her own material, designs her own get-ups, etc. Her music is OBVIOUSLY not meant for lovers of guitar-driven (or in this case, Chuck-driven) rock and roll.

I can't defend her as a Stones guest at all. Again, nothing against her, but this is a tacky, glaringly contrived stunt that has just bumped my respect for them down a notch. Lady Gaga? COME ON JAGGER, even more open-minded artsy types here see right through this eye-roller.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: December 10, 2012 22:34

frankotero

Payback is a bitch! The whiners are getting exactly what they deserve! I am loving it!smiling smiley

Date: December 10, 2012 22:41

jamesfdouglas
this is a tacky, glaringly contrived stunt that has just bumped my respect for them down a notch. Lady Gaga? COME ON JAGGER, even more open-minded artsy types here see right through this eye-roller.

Damn James, how many notches does your respect have?

Date: December 10, 2012 22:43

buenoes notches

Date: December 10, 2012 22:45

Max'sKansasCity
buenoes notches

She Wore Red Dresses?

Date: December 10, 2012 22:50

Munichhilton
Max'sKansasCity
buenoes notches

She Wore Red Dresses?

Si, las deintios niterenios oletroe buen ti ole Dose a dear a female dear!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 10, 2012 22:53

Cocaine Eyes
This is up on Twitter:

It's confirmed! @ladygaga @springsteen & @theblackkeys will b joining us for #OneMoreShot! What songs should they play? rollingstones.com/watch/

Let them know how you feel about Gaga et al.

smoking smiley

Yeah, that might sway things. And they might even take into account the song requests too!

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 10, 2012 22:54

I couldn't care less about GAGA or Black Keyes...wouldn't mind seeing Bruce with the Boys but I still am miffed that of all the 5 shows, MT stayed away from theBarclay Center! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!

Date: December 10, 2012 22:57

What songs should they play?

Rolling Stones songs.

Date: December 10, 2012 23:00

Cocaine Eyes
This is up on Twitter:

smoking smiley

Amazing....Mick gets them into deep water by accidentally inviting unwanted guests and now he needs us to bail him out by appointing songs by committee?

This is the last time Mick...the LAST TIME.

Posted by: Laughingsam ()
Date: December 10, 2012 23:08

Gaga is a horrible choice, but it'll widen the bands appeal with younger audiences. Springsteen and The Black Keys are outstanding choices though and I can't wait to hear what they play.

My choices:

Springsteen - "Little Queenie" or "Let It Rock" or "It's All Over Now" (Just straight-ahead rock n roll, which Springsteen is very adept at)

Black Keys - "Stop Breaking Down" or "I Just Want To Make Love To You" or even "Back Of My Hand" (would love to hear Dan Auerbach on one of these blues tunes).

Ga-Ga - "Little T & A" (she can just shake her arse and not sing)

Posted by: Laughingsam ()
Date: December 10, 2012 23:18

mickschix
I couldn't care less about GAGA or Black Keyes...

You may not care, but The Black Keys are a great choice. They're a blues band who cut their teeth on Fat Possum Records -- one of the best delta blues labels around -- The Stones are terrific at live blues. Plus Dan Auerbach can belt out gruff and guttural vocals that would stand perfectly alongside Mick's style ob blues #'s.

Date: December 10, 2012 23:21

Munichhilton
Cocaine Eyes
This is up on Twitter:

smoking smiley

Amazing....Mick gets them into deep water by accidentally inviting unwanted guests and now he needs us to bail him out by appointing songs by committee?

This is the last time Mick...the LAST TIME.

Accident? Nothing the Stones do is by accident.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 10, 2012 23:59

jamesfdouglas
I've defended Gaga as an artist here before; she does write all of her own material, designs her own get-ups, etc. Her music is OBVIOUSLY not meant for lovers of guitar-driven (or in this case, Chuck-driven) rock and roll.

I can't defend her as a Stones guest at all. Again, nothing against her, but this is a tacky, glaringly contrived stunt that has just bumped my respect for them down a notch. Lady Gaga? COME ON JAGGER, even more open-minded artsy types here see right through this eye-roller.

Yes, exactly. One does not have to hate Lady Ga Ga's music to understand that she is completely irrelevant to the Stones, except as a transparently gimmicky attempt to sell PPV subscriptions. Sir Mick also cares more about appearing relevant than the integrity of his own band's history (i.e. Wyman and Taylor).

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 11, 2012 05:24

Keys on D&G ....GaGa on Ya cant alway maybe ... but what's poor Bruce gonna screeeeeeem thru

ROCKMAN

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 11, 2012 05:42

Rockman
Keys on D&G ....GaGa on Ya cant alway maybe ... but what's poor Bruce gonna screeeeeeem thru

Respectable? Neighbors? When The Whip Comes Down? Certainly nothing after 1981.

Date: December 11, 2012 05:45

Rockman

"Santa Claus and Rudolph are run run running to town"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-11 05:51 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 11, 2012 06:41

.....eeerrrr yeah thinkin' about it ...Bruceeee on You Can't Catch Me...
That New Jersey turnpike bit would pull down the walls ...don't ya reckon????

ROCKMAN

Date: December 11, 2012 07:06

71Tele
jamesfdouglas

Yes, exactly. One does not have to hate Lady Ga Ga's music to understand that she is completely irrelevant to the Stones, except as a transparently gimmicky attempt to sell PPV subscriptions. Sir Mick also cares more about appearing relevant than the integrity of his own band's history (i.e. Wyman and Taylor).

You got Wyman and Taylor in London. If they appear in the states then it's an added bonus. Be thankful we got them at all.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: December 11, 2012 07:28

It is vitally important that the words of 71 Tele are taken as gospel, because he is a fan of the Rolling Stones who has purchased their albums and CDs and he has ALSO seen them play live. On top of all of this, he posts a lot here at IORR.

These shining accomplishments make his opinions infallible.

And, when he questions the motives of Mick Jagger, who is, after all, merely the lead singer and driving creative force of The Rolling Stones, it is important to realize that 71 Tele is very, very, important too.

He really is.

Conventional wisdom would lead one to believe that the perspective of a fan couldn't possibly be all that important, but this simply isn't the case; 71 Tele knows what Mick Jagger is thinking. He knows his motives. He understands them, perhaps even better than Mick Jagger does!

This is because- and this is very important- 71 Tele has also been in a truly great band for the past 5 decades. He has written some of the greatest songs ever. He has been a revolutionary performer and is widely considered the greatest front man ever.

That is why someone like like 71 Tele can tell you...tell US...what Mick Jagger is thinking. Because there is so very little difference between the two.

I'm certain that, in the very near future, 71 Tele fan sites will be popping up all over the internet. His fans are in desperate need of a forum, or three, in which to discuss his myriad of musical accomplishments.

I have no doubt Mick Jagger will visit these sites on a nightly basis, posting his thoughts concerning 71 Tele's musical past, present, and future. After all, they lead astonishingly similar existences.

Date: December 11, 2012 07:36

vermontoffender
It is vitally important that the words of 71 Tele are taken as gospel, because he is a fan of the Rolling Stones who has purchased their albums and CDs and he has ALSO seen them play live. On top of all of this, he posts a lot here at IORR.

These shining accomplishments make his opinions infallible.

And, when he questions the motives of Mick Jagger, who is, after all, merely the lead singer and driving creative force of The Rolling Stones, it is important to realize that 71 Tele is very, very, important too.

He really is.

Conventional wisdom would lead one to believe that the perspective of a fan couldn't possibly be all that important, but this simply isn't the case; 71 Tele knows what Mick Jagger is thinking. He knows his motives. He understands them, perhaps even better than Mick Jagger does!

This is because- and this is very important- 71 Tele has also been in a truly great band for the past 5 decades. He has written some of the greatest songs ever. He has been a revolutionary performer and is widely considered the greatest front man ever.

That is why someone like like 71 Tele can tell you...tell US...what Mick Jagger is thinking. Because there is so very little difference between the two.

I'm certain that, in the very near future, 71 Tele fan sites will be popping up all over the internet. His fans are in desperate need of a forum, or three, in which to discuss his myriad of musical accomplishments.

I have no doubt Mick Jagger will visit these sites on a nightly basis, posting his thoughts concerning 71 Tele's musical past, present, and future. After all, they lead astonishingly similar existences.

But, but, he will never be as important or as talented as WeLoveToPlayTheBlues! And certainly not as mean spirited.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2246
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home