Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Where is Mick Taylor and awful surprise guests??
Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: December 10, 2012 22:25

Stoneage
Having Taylor and Wyman on for the London shows was just a symbolic gesture. What's the point with havin Taylor on again for one number? He is no longer the guitar god he is set up to be by the Taylorites. Wyman on the other hand is still a better Rolling Stones bassplayer than Darryl. Darryl has been a misfit from the start.

TAXI for Stoneage!!!!!!!

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: December 10, 2012 22:32

Mick T. will be playing with The Stones again during the PPV concert!!!!!

He'll be on his couch watching the show with his guitar plugged into his practice amp smiling smiley

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: December 10, 2012 22:59

StonesTod
Rokyfan
Rambler was better without MT. Just saying.

and it'll be even better with lady gaga and her whip

When the whip comes down!!

Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: December 10, 2012 23:20

I hope you're right but how do you know and where did you read that?

Posted by: mnewman505 ()
Date: December 10, 2012 23:25

No Mick Taylor on the PPV is a major major bummer.

Posted by: monkeymantoo ()
Date: December 10, 2012 23:30

Gazza
monkeymantoo
The gig in Aviles Spain is still showinjg on Mick T's website and there is no mention of playing with the Stones in the US

Go and try and buy tickets for it. Last time I tried to do that (only for research purposes!), the link went nowhere.

The promoter has confirmed he has cancelled because he's playing with the Stones and is offering refunds.

Taylor not being confirmed today doesnt mean he isnt playing. His appearance in London wasnt announced at the same time as the 'non Stones' special guests but a few days later.

Good news. Solves my confusion.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 10, 2012 23:39

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
Rokyfan

I can't imagaine anything more irritating than the need to see "just saying" after you just said something...Worst linguistic fad of the 21st Century so far.

i'm personally more irritated when people have to say personally after they say i...as if there's an alternative....

I personally agree. Just saying.

Personally I feel the overuse of the words "EPIC" and "Meh" are far worse, just saying

LOL.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 10, 2012 23:50

GravityBoy
Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
StonesTod
71Tele
Rokyfan

I can't imagaine anything more irritating than the need to see "just saying" after you just said something...Worst linguistic fad of the 21st Century so far.

i'm personally more irritated when people have to say personally after they say i...as if there's an alternative....

I personally agree. Just saying.

Personally I feel the overuse of the words "EPIC" and "Meh" are far worse, just saying

LOL.

I'm not talking, that's what I've got to say....

Having said that, or, that having been said, I'm not just saying, because you're also reading, and I'm not talking.... just typing.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: December 10, 2012 23:59

Stoneage
Having Taylor and Wyman on for the London shows was just a symbolic gesture. What's the point with havin Taylor on again for one number? He is no longer the guitar god he is set up to be by the Taylorites. Wyman on the other hand is still a better Rolling Stones bassplayer than Darryl. Darryl has been a misfit from the start.

What a comforting thought it is there were never any guitar gods in the RS, although Taylor was the most talented by far. Forget about the misfits, to me the Stones are a symbolic gesture by now anyway.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: December 11, 2012 00:22

Hey, we all should be thankful ANY of them are on stage! These guys didn't have to leave their homes to begin with. I know a couple of people that were at the UK shows and I'm green as Big Head Hundreds with envy.

We here on IORR of the hardcore of the hardcore fan's. Someone said they've seen the band or solo projects perform 123 times for @#$%& sake! It's not going to be easy to top the shows of 40+ years ago. At the same time, these guys are drawing new fans just like a guy I know and the new fans will enjoy the shows no matter who's "guested" for the night.

I just hope to get to catch one of the performances before it's over. If I can't in person PPV will be just fine.

CBII

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: December 11, 2012 00:28

CBII
Hey, we all should be thankful ANY of them are on stage! These guys didn't have to leave their homes to begin with. I know a couple of people that were at the UK shows and I'm green as Big Head Hundreds with envy.

We here on IORR of the hardcore of the hardcore fan's. Someone said they've seen the band or solo projects perform 123 times for @#$%& sake! It's not going to be easy to top the shows of 40+ years ago. At the same time, these guys are drawing new fans just like a guy I know and the new fans will enjoy the shows no matter who's "guested" for the night.

I just hope to get to catch one of the performances before it's over. If I can't in person PPV will be just fine.

Well said. I'm excited to be able to see these guys in person on Saturday, even though I am in the very last row at the top of the arena.

I enjoy seeing your father play every chance I can. I saw you play with him in San Bernardino last year, which i believe was the first time I've seen you on stage. I hope you and your father make it back hear to Southern California soon for another show.

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: December 11, 2012 00:29

Halup
CBII

Well said. I'm excited to be able to see these guys in person on Saturday, even though I am in the very last row at the top of the arena.

I enjoy seeing your father play every chance I can. I saw you play with him in San Bernardino last year, which i believe was the first time I've seen you on stage. I hope you and your father make it back hear to Southern California soon for another show.

Yeah, me too! That was that HotRod festival right?

CBII

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 11, 2012 00:30

all this civility and these sensical posts are ruining the site. i hope you're happy with yourselves.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: December 11, 2012 00:34

CBII
Halup
CBII

Yeah, me too! That was that HotRod festival right?

That was it. Do all of you that were on stage that night the band that plays monthly in St Louis? I believe every time I've seen your father before that it was with a local pick up band.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 11, 2012 00:35

StonesTod
all this civility and these sensical posts are ruining the site. i hope you're happy with yourselves.

That said, I personally think the civility is great. Just saying.

Posted by: talkcheap ()
Date: December 11, 2012 00:36

Stoneage

I agree

Posted by: TheMeaning ()
Date: December 11, 2012 06:37

I could not agree more with ronkeith72's Post regarding the
possible absence of Mick Taylor... I have seen every U.S. Tour since '78,
and since the appearances of Wyman & (especially) Taylor in England,
I have had hopes of finally getting to see a live Stones performane of
Midnight Rambler - or for that matter, a performance of any Stones cut
with a Mick Taylor guitar solo... Now to find out that Lady GaGa and
The Black Keys are guesting (possibly) INSTEAD of two actual Rolling Stones
is as deflating as anything I could have imagined... While I understand
that these other "names" are more recognizable in today's market -
this is afterall, "The World's Greatest Rock 'n Roll Band" - so Let's Rock!

Date: December 11, 2012 06:49

lady gaga

are you kidding

is this a joke....

what crap

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: December 11, 2012 09:13

To whoever was bitching about the "Just saying" blurb how about the recent "sup" every time you run into certain people these day's? I @#$%& hate that and want to punch everybody that dares to greet me that way!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 11, 2012 09:23

"sup" .... haven't heard that ... Please rob what's it mean???

ROCKMAN

Date: December 11, 2012 16:56

Good call friend, I hope the boys hear what the stones fans want and deserve in a 50th Anniversary PPV celebration. That is, we want to hear ACTUAL Rolling Stones.

Date: December 11, 2012 17:40

rob51
To whoever was bitching about the "Just saying" blurb how about the recent "sup" every time you run into certain people these day's? I @#$%& hate that and want to punch everybody that dares to greet me that way!

That was me, and yes "sup" drives me nuts. It's even worse to read it spelled that way.

Date: December 11, 2012 17:41

Rockman

It's hip hop speak for "what's up" and it is unfortunately worming its evil way into general use.

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: December 11, 2012 19:26

71Tele
Rockman

It's hip hop speak for "what's up" and it is unfortunately worming its evil way into general use.

Aaaah, this good 'ole degenerated hip hop speak...!

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: December 12, 2012 11:49

"what's up" ............. aaahhh yeah I get it now.... fanks Tele

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: December 12, 2012 11:54

It's official:
A tweet from GRRRegory, 10 minutes ago:
"I found this 'MICK TAYLOR TO JOIN THE ROLLING STONES ON STAGE DECEMBER 13 AND DECEMB...' in the RS Official App [road.ie];

I downloaded this app and indeed, Mick taylor is announced for both shows, 13 and 15 December.

Date: December 12, 2012 16:49

FAR THE F..K OUT!!!! THANK GOD, let the games begin baby. See ya'll leaning against the stage baby....smiling smiley

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1999
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home