Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6
Re: Lady Gaga - Sadly Not OT
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 11, 2012 00:05

If the Stones (read Mick) are so desperate to appear "current", why is 95% of their setlist from 1981 or earlier? Surely they would favor us with the fantastic "hits" from ABB, Voodoo Lounge and Bridges To Babylon. "Anybody See My Baby" with that rap bit in the middle was another attempt to be "current". That sure has aged well.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 11, 2012 00:11

I think Mick sees the PPV as a way to hit new/younger markets, hence the appaling guests list (for me anyway).

Jagger's obsessed with staying "in touch". One might say : "in touch with what?"

Posted by: mitchmitchell ()
Date: December 11, 2012 00:37

Mick was always the businessman. Who is going to command a larger audience on PayPerView? Lady Gaga or a somewhat pudgy Mick Taylor?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-11 00:38 by mitchmitchell.

Posted by: mich ()
Date: December 11, 2012 00:38

video: [www.youtube.com]

----------------------------------------------

[syp.blog4ever.com]

Date: December 11, 2012 00:42

rooster
71Tele
If the Stones (read Mick) are so desperate to appear "current", why is 95% of their setlist from 1981 or earlier? Surely they would favor us with the fantastic "hits" from ABB, Voodoo Lounge and Bridges To Babylon. "Anybody See My Baby" with that rap bit in the middle was another attempt to be "current". That sure has aged well.
it cant be the real reason ..mate! think about it!!! they stole their music from the states....and now that it is all over they make a fool out of their fans....its a big cash in joke...this is it...if ol bands want kids....they....bla bla...what really is bothering me...is that some who went gave out their last reseves...we in england at least got Taylor...and soho...i mean i i go to harlem or the bronx....or...you i mean and say...hey man...goin to tha stones!! you be fighting big gorillaz

Can you try that again in complete English sentences?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 11, 2012 00:47

71Tele
rooster
71Tele
it cant be the real reason ..mate! think about it!!! they stole their music from the states....and now that it is all over they make a fool out of their fans....its a big cash in joke...this is it...if ol bands want kids....they....bla bla...what really is bothering me...is that some who went gave out their last reseves...we in england at least got Taylor...and soho...i mean i i go to harlem or the bronx....or...you i mean and say...hey man...goin to tha stones!! you be fighting big gorillaz

Can you try that again in complete English sentences?

Now you're being mean

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: December 11, 2012 01:49

So what? This I'm actually interested in.
Gaga has said she grew up listening to the Boss. She's got great taste in music and she is supremely talented, one of the most talented and original of her generation of artists.
Gaga is someone who can just sit in a studio and play the piano and sing. I keep hoping she does that at some point for an entire album.
Gaga makes more sense than Aguilera or Blige or any of the other current 'guests' they've invited. Gaga is actually a rock fan who knows the Stones' music.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-11 01:51 by stupidguy2.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 11, 2012 01:51

I don't know why there is so much animosity with this announcement.

I'm going to enjoy seeing how this turns out. Gaga is great, and even if it implodes, it'll be one for the ages.

This is pure entertainment. The boss and black keys as well...what's the problem here, this is going to be great!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 11, 2012 02:06

treaclefingers

I'm going to enjoy seeing how this turns out. Gaga is great, and even if it implodes, it'll be one for the ages.

This is pure entertainment. The boss and black keys as well...what's the problem here, this is going to be great!

don't give me that boss and great business. it's getting old.

Posted by: dedospegajosos ()
Date: December 11, 2012 02:07

Thank God its the last show...what would be next, Jlo, justin bieber, selena gomez? [email protected] you´re a moron

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: December 11, 2012 02:18

dcba
Everyone hailed the band for stripping down for the London show and now they bring the already has-been Gaga girl to the PPV...?.
But they didn't strip down all that much. They had everyone they usually have on stage, except Blondie and a horn or two. Big deal.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 11, 2012 02:28

it's not about getting new fans for the Stones it's about selling the PPV. It's probably not all up to the Stones because they are probably guaranteed their fee no matter how many sales there are. The promoter needs to sell this thing worldwide.

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: December 11, 2012 03:06

I heard Lady GAGA impacted ticket prices.

Now that she'll be there, $750 for the front row, $1,000 for the last row. And if you pay $2,000 you dont have to go at all!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 11, 2012 03:13

GumbootCloggeroo
But they didn't strip down all that much. They had everyone they usually have on stage, except Blondie and a horn or two. Big deal.

Perhaps so but it effected the Stones' playing and has tightened Keith especially...finally bringing back his attention to the guitar. No denying that.

Posted by: bigfrankie ()
Date: December 11, 2012 03:24

Seriously folks, I like Bruce. I bet they do a Chuck Berry with him. Bruce said he learned all his Chuck Berry licks by listening to Keith.

I have no idea who the Black Keys are.

If Lady GOOGOO is up there and Mick Taylor is not, I think I'm going to cry. MT and Bill should be there for several songs, minimum. Actually, they should both be on satge for the entire show.

Lady GOOGOO = I need some Maloxx..........

don't give me that ole one two, one two three four

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-11 13:56 by bigfrankie.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 11, 2012 03:37

Lady Goo Goo. Ha! Ha! Ha! What's next, another Bill 'metal detector' joke?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: December 11, 2012 03:41

Man this is too bad. I was really looking forward to PPV. I am not a fan of GooGoo at all! But I will wait to pass judgement. Bruce, not a fan, but I respect him, and he should be fine. Black Keys! AMAZING! WOnder what they will do with the boys.

Rolling Stones have JUMPED THE SHARK
Date: December 11, 2012 03:42

Lady Gaga.

Posted by: mitchmitchell ()
Date: December 11, 2012 04:11

Mick Taylor really doesn't have a fan base like Bruce Springsteen and Lady Gaga. Taylor plays at very small venues and has trouble selling those out. I dont think there is much love lost between Richards and Jagger and Taylor.

Reminds me of the song Yesterday's Papers.

Date: December 11, 2012 04:14

StonesTod
treaclefingers

It's your act that grew old a long time ago. But carry on.

Date: December 11, 2012 04:23

71Tele

Yeah, right. We saw what happened when they didn't play Satisfaction at the first show in London. Be realistic. It's only us goofball hardcores that give a damn about the rarities. The vast majority of concert goers want to hear the warhorses over and over and over until death. Accept it. Or move on.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 11, 2012 04:25

JumpinJackOLantern
71Tele

Yeah, right. We saw what happened when they didn't play Satisfaction at the first show in London. Be realistic. It's only us goofball hardcores that give a damn about the rarities. The vast majority of concert goers want to hear the warhorses over and over and over until death. Accept it. Or move on.

sorry buddy, but tele has been around here a long time... there is no need to talk that "move on" talk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-11 04:26 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: December 11, 2012 04:32

StonesTod
riffhard72
Jeez. What is the matter with some of you people??

most of us are just old, jaded and cynical. it's obvious we are sad, pathetic old sots who are desperate in our attempts to bring others down with our wretched attitudes and views about the stones. i can't believe you had to ask.

So now that you have identified your problem do the honorable thing and fix it.

Posted by: howled ()
Date: December 11, 2012 04:46

Lady Gaga doing Led Zep before the calculated image and direction change.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: December 11, 2012 04:46

Gaga singing with Brenda? [sigh]

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 11, 2012 05:01

StonesTod
treaclefingers

quit bossing me around!

Date: December 11, 2012 05:25

Max'sKansasCity
JumpinJackOLantern
71Tele

sorry buddy, but tele has been around here a long time... there is no need to talk that "move on" talk

Thanks Max...Besides, he missed my point entirely. I wasn't complaining about the setlist or saying I wanted to hear rarities, merely pointing out that the vast majority of songs are 30 years or more old, hence not "contemporary".

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 11, 2012 05:35

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity
JumpinJackOLantern
71Tele

Thanks Max...Besides, he missed my point entirely. I wasn't complaining about the setlist or saying I wanted to hear rarities, merely pointing out that the vast majority of songs are 30 years or more old, hence not "contemporary".

I personally would LOVE to see songs played from those albums, IT WOULD BE EPIC!

Posted by: TheMeaning ()
Date: December 11, 2012 05:49

Yes, Well I can appreciate that almost any Artist worth his/her salt
would jump at the chance to Guest w/The Stones - but Bill Wyman & Mick Taylor
WERE Rolling Stones - shouldn't they be invited for the Anniversary "finale"?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 11, 2012 05:57

howled
Lady Gaga doing Led Zep before the calculated image and direction change.

Wow
I can't tell who was worse....the camera or the singer.
Damn good shot of the brick wall

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 4 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2018
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home