Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: Lady Gaga - Sadly Not OT
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:07

riffhard72
Jeez. What is the matter with some of you people??

most of us are just old, jaded and cynical. it's obvious we are sad, pathetic old sots who are desperate in our attempts to bring others down with our wretched attitudes and views about the stones. i can't believe you had to ask.

Posted by: riffhard72 ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:09

StonesTod
riffhard72

most of us are just old, jaded and cynical. it's obvious we are sad, pathetic old sots who are desperate in our attempts to bring others down with our wretched attitudes and views about the stones. i can't believe you had to ask.

Neither can I. eye rolling smiley

Stoopid fcukers.

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:18

Looking forward to the PPV and personally
I don't have a problem with Lady Gaga being there.
Obviously a smart marketing move, but still, she's
a talented artist.

Many criticized Cristina Aguilera before the Shine a Light
show and she ended up rocking and putting out a nice performance
on Live with me.

Bruce Springsteen...great choice! Wondering what song the'll do...

cheers.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:22

riffhard72

The is the STONES' 50th anniversary - not yours! Let them do what they want and STFU.

Except they need OUR money to make sure the party actually takes place. If they decided to rehearse with Gaga in some Bronx basement to see what comes out of it fine.
But this is a public show (double public as it's a PPV) and it's quite embarrassing. Jagger wants to duet with a US female artist? How about Lucinda Williams on "Wild Horses"? thumbs up

Date: December 10, 2012 19:24

As the 2012 "tour" unfolds it gets more and more pathetic : a club-show in Paris thumbs up Taylor and Wyman in London thumbs up thumbs up but now...? US fans, you should file a class action! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:28

dcba
riffhard72

The is the STONES' 50th anniversary - not yours! Let them do what they want and STFU.

Except they need OUR money to make sure the party actually takes place. If they decided to rehearse with Gaga in some Bronx basement to see what comes out of it fine.
But this is a public show (double public as it's a PPV) and it's quite embarrassing. Jagger wants to duet with a US female artist? How about Lucinda Williams on "Wild Horses"? thumbs up
You're right, Mick should have asked who you like before picking a duet partner. Millions and millions of people around the world love Lady Gaga but you don't and clearly your enjoyment is the key factor here. Mick should write an apology letter to you! eye rolling smiley

Date: December 10, 2012 19:31

It's not about me it's about the sheer artistic input of the artists .
Do you know Gaga is SO big-headed she doesn't consider herself a pop singer? No she's a a conceptual artist who makes performances onstage... eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:33

StonesTod
riffhard72

Dude...I'm only 7 years old and I can't stand this choice...

Date: December 10, 2012 19:39

Keith will duet with Lady Kaka on the song Disco Stick.

Date: December 10, 2012 19:39

Munichhilton
StonesTod
riffhard72

Dude...I'm only 7 years old and I can't stand this choice...

you mean you PERSONALLY can't stand this choice? well, that's your choice....

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 10, 2012 19:44

I don't get the Lady Gaga thang (and I liked Christina Aguilera in SHINE A LIGHT)

Date: December 10, 2012 19:55

I would say most people young or old who like The Stones do not have Lady Gaga in their music collections. Thats why it is a bummer. If Metallica did a duet with Anne Murray Iam sure thier fans would disapprove, although Id love it!

Date: December 10, 2012 19:58

dcba
riffhard72

Embarrassing for who?? You?? So what? Who cares about you? Mick wants to sing with GaGa, so he asked her. He's not embarrassed, so why should you be. She's a relevant artist in today's music industry. Get over it.

Why isn't Lucinda Williams embarrassing for others, but not you? I think you need to get a grip.

Date: December 10, 2012 20:06

"She's a relevant artist in today's music industry"

grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

Posted by: lucasd4 ()
Date: December 10, 2012 20:07

riffhard72

Embarrassing for who?? You?? So what? Who cares about you? Mick wants to sing with GaGa, so he asked her. He's not embarrassed, so why should you be. She's a relevant artist in today's music industry. Get over it.

Why isn't Lucinda Williams embarrassing for others, but not you? I think you need to get a grip.

thumbs up

Posted by: lucasd4 ()
Date: December 10, 2012 20:07

riffhard72

Beck, Clapton, Blige, Clark, Florence, GaGa, Springsteen, Black Keys.... these are all mega selling artists (like it or not) in their own right. They have all jumped at the chance at playing with the Stones - who wouldn't?? I'm sure if Mick asked some of you lot with crappy bar bands out there, pretending you're Keith on a Friday night to try and give yourselves the credence to call yourself a 'musician', to play, you'd jump at the chance too...

Like it or not, these artists have fans who might not be that into the Stones and it offers a chance to gain a few more fans along the way. Plus, it's only for a couple of songs. Stop getting your knickers in a twist about everything that YOU don't like. The is the STONES' 50th anniversary - not yours! Let them do what they want and STFU.

And if it doesn't live up to your incredibly high expectations, or they aren't as good as when you saw them for the 38th time back in 1973, then tough SH!T. Time to follow a different band.

thumbs up

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 10, 2012 20:19

Springsteen could do good on a good old-fashioned rock 'n roll song like It's Only Rock 'n Roll.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: December 10, 2012 20:28

riffhard72

Beck, Clapton, Blige, Clark, Florence, GaGa, Springsteen, Black Keys.... these are all mega selling artists (like it or not) in their own right. They have all jumped at the chance at playing with the Stones - who wouldn't?? I'm sure if Mick asked some of you lot with crappy bar bands out there, pretending you're Keith on a Friday night to try and give yourselves the credence to call yourself a 'musician', to play, you'd jump at the chance too...

Like it or not, these artists have fans who might not be that into the Stones and it offers a chance to gain a few more fans along the way. Plus, it's only for a couple of songs. Stop getting your knickers in a twist about everything that YOU don't like. The is the STONES' 50th anniversary - not yours! Let them do what they want and STFU.

And if it doesn't live up to your incredibly high expectations, or they aren't as good as when you saw them for the 38th time back in 1973, then tough SH!T. Time to follow a different band.
Well said!
I remember when it was announced that Mick would be performing on SNL with Arcade Fire and Foo Fighters and some people here, who can't or refuse to think outside the box, were already shitting on the performance without even seeing it first. And guess what, it turned out to be great. And I'm sure these new collaborations will be great, too.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 10, 2012 20:30

GumbootCloggeroo
riffhard72

Well said!
I remember when it was announced that Mick would be performing on SNL with Arcade Fire and Foo Fighters and some people here, who can't or refuse to think outside the box, were already shitting on the performance without even seeing it first. And guess what, it turned out to be great. And I'm sure these new collaborations will be great, too.

Stop pretending there's a bright side...just stop

Date: December 10, 2012 20:31

GumbootCloggeroo
riffhard72

Well said!

it's not okay to diss a performance before it's happened, but it is okay to applaud it before it's happened? just trying to understand the rules.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: December 10, 2012 20:31

I guess this is the best way to turn away a lot of the great fans the Stones have had during the years.

Well now we're respected in society, don't need to worry about how things used to be!

Looks like Vegas is closing in!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: December 10, 2012 20:35

The Boss - Bruce Springsteen as a guest: Absolute Killer

And The Black Keys are okay,

but Lady Gaga is a big insult for everyone in the audience!!!!

Date: December 10, 2012 20:36

Fan Since 1964
I guess this is the best way to turn away a lot of the great fans the Stones have had during the years.

Well now we're respected in society, don't need to worry about how things used to be!

And I'm sure you'll be there because you just can't stop seeing them.

Plus, the Stones have been respected in society for 25 years now, so no need to quote pointless lyrics out to anyone.

Date: December 10, 2012 20:38

StonesTod
GumbootCloggeroo
riffhard72

Well said!

it's not okay to diss a performance before it's happened, but it is okay to applaud it before it's happened? just trying to understand the rules.
I'm not asking for applause. Just an open mind. A "wait and see" strategy. Or something. I'm just trying to be positive here smiling smiley

Date: December 10, 2012 20:42

GumbootCloggeroo
StonesTod
GumbootCloggeroo
riffhard72

Well said!

I'm not asking for applause. Just an open mind. A "wait and see" strategy. Or something. I'm just trying to be positive here smiling smiley

your attitude is spoiling the whole negative vibe we got going.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: December 10, 2012 21:11

Christina Aguilera received the same negative reaction when it was announced that she would be a guest & she proceeded to knock it out of the park on Live With Me.

She was quite good!

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: December 10, 2012 21:33

I'm working on my meat-dress right now and those darn cats keep trying to eat it.
Ha - I've managed to talk about food, pussy, and L. Gaga in the same sentence. winking smiley>grinning smiley<

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: December 10, 2012 21:44

riffhard72
Fan Since 1964

And I'm sure you'll be there because you just can't stop seeing them.

Plus, the Stones have been respected in society for 25 years now, so no need to quote pointless lyrics out to anyone.

I will certainly not see the Stones in Vegas and I will not attend any Stones concert where Lady Gaga is guesting.

And finally as Jagger / Richards once wrote regarding to pointless lyrics: "I'm free to do what I want any old time"

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-10 21:44 by Fan Since 1964.

Date: December 10, 2012 21:46

uhbuhgullayew
Christina Aguilera received the same negative reaction when it was announced that she would be a guest & she proceeded to knock it out of the park on Live With Me.

but it was in a theater

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 10, 2012 21:49

Thank god the Stones don't always listen to us. Lady Gaga is an inspired selection. I'm actually curious as to what she'll do. Poker Face was a worldwide hit, and deservedly so. Her piano only rendition of Edge of Glory on Howard Stern was amazing.

[www.youtube.com]

Springsteen probably wants to pay homage to a group I'm sure influenced him coming up. I hope they let him choose something a little more obscure. (And I wonder if there was a connection between the Stones agreeing to do the charity concert on 12/12).

I'm not that excited about the Black Keys, but maybe in the Stones setting they'll sound cool.

I'll still miss Taylor and Wyman, but this could be interesting.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1510
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home