Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The moment will surely come. Are we prepared for no more gigs?
Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: December 8, 2012 18:17

We all know that the guys are not young anymore, anyway, the two London shows was fantastic! But for sure, the time will comes that they say, it's finish, done, thanks for everything, bla bla bla...Are we prepared for that moment?

Re: The moment will surely come. Are we prepared for no more gigs?
Date: December 8, 2012 18:24

Yeah but there will ALWAYS be something to talk about...

For many generations too actually...

Many generations...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-08 18:25 by steel driving hammer.

Date: December 8, 2012 18:27

They will be MORE popular when they finally quit too!!!

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 8, 2012 18:28

I've been prepared since WWIII.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-08 18:44 by jazzbass.

Date: December 8, 2012 18:38

steel driving hammer
They will be MORE popular when they finally quit too!!!
Agree!

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: December 8, 2012 18:56

jazzbass
I've been prepared since WWIII.

Yep. The Stones had their career timed perfectly. Broke ground in the 60's, were stoned in the 70's, were drunk, coked up, and fast in the early 80's, fast forward to now they're all hovering at or above 70 years old as the world devolves into a police state with economys dying and war breaking out right before one of them inevitably has a health issue/death that would prevent continuing anyway. The lucky bastards.

Date: December 8, 2012 19:07

As they say, on the good time at the right place!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 8, 2012 20:00

Since they'll never announce it we'll be left guessing until one of the "base 3" kicks the bucket...that will hopefully be in a long, long time !

Date: December 8, 2012 20:08

gotdablouse
Since they'll never announce it we'll be left guessing until one of the "base 3" kicks the bucket...that will hopefully be in a long, long time !

Or base 4 including Ronnie.

Don't think Keith or the boys will tour w/out Ronnie...

Like Zepp couldn't tour w/out Bonzo...

Posted by: maloup ()
Date: December 8, 2012 20:12

steffiestones
We all know that the guys are not young anymore, anyway, the two London shows was fantastic! But for sure, the time will comes that they say, it's finish, done, thanks for everything, bla bla bla...Are we prepared for that moment?

I am prepared ,hope we will reach this moment as soon as possible.I was a
rolling Stones fan for years but now I'm getting sick and tired of these
pathetic old men,still pretending they are playing rock and roll.Please
stop as soon as possible!

Date: December 8, 2012 20:52

I've been pared for quite some time.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: December 8, 2012 21:04

maloup
steffiestones

I am prepared ,hope we will reach this moment as soon as possible.I was a
rolling Stones fan for years but now I'm getting sick and tired of these
pathetic old men,still pretending they are playing rock and roll.Please
stop as soon as possible!

You'll miss them when they're gone....

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: December 8, 2012 21:06

i thought the band had finished touring in 2007, glad to be proven wrong but wondered why they left a big time gap to do it again. cant see them leave it that length of time again till they do more gigs, also hope that when either jagger, richards or watts dies the band will not continue, i would hate to see them continue with little resemblance to the original line up. other bands have done it and it looks desperate, its simply not the same band and the stones already have had more than enough personel changes but thankfully they survived.

hopefully vaults continue to be opened though for a couple of decades and dvd,s of concerts keep getting released.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 8, 2012 21:13

Steffie/buttons67 - The time is approaching when they will no longer be able to do these shows. I think the 5 year gap had to do with Keith's health and Ronnie's drinking. Then Keith did the book and brough about more bad feelings with him and Mick. these three shows in NYC could be it and that is why I broke down last night and bought a ticket and I'm heading out now. I'd kick myself for not going even though its way too much money. Its 250 mor than I want to spend. in the scheme of things 250 dollars is not a lot of money to pay. i paid 500 but wanted to go for 250. The thing is I'd regret forever if I did not go over 250 dollars especially if it is the end of live shows.

Posted by: talkcheap ()
Date: December 8, 2012 21:21

I think they will carry on for many more years. But i don't know about Mick Taylor. He doesn't look to be in good shape.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: December 8, 2012 21:38

I think we had all just about got prepared for no more gigs and then we had this latest flurry of activity. How long this lasts is unknown to the masses at the moment, maybe unknown to the Stones. But, when the tours stop, we will still have the solo work cos these guys will always generate music whilst they physically can. Once all four have passed on, then we will see more of the archives for many years after I should imagine. Stones activity in some form or another will outlast all of us on IORR.

Look at how the Beatles have still remained important in the music industry with their songs constantly being covered and re-worked. If I could fast forward 100 years I would still expect to see Stones fans and certainly their songs will still be regarded as classics and studied in minute detail by all sorts of high tech equipment.

We have all been truly priviliged to live in these times and experience the Stones as a live act, millions will look back and wish they could have lived this decades. When I'm an old man sat in my rocking chair in the corner of some residential home, I'll have some of the greatest memories of seeing the Stones and the people I shared those days with. Worth a million pounds.

Posted by: Fan Since 1964 ()
Date: December 8, 2012 21:39

steffiestones

THE ANSWER IS: WE WILL NOT BE PREPARED FOR THE ROLLING STONES RETIREMENT but we will bow our heads and say thank you for all you've given us.

No matter if you're a critic to them or the biggest supporter.
One can never prepare for such a thing.

One day it'll all be a huge "MEMORY MOTEL" but we will stick to the memories and cherish their legacy and effort to make us fans proud!

So whenever and however the retirement is coming to us we will be paralyzed and sad.
But we will keep the memories high in our minds forever!

And that'll make us come thru the much sad and dull times ahead!

Been Stoned since 1964 and still am!

Date: December 8, 2012 21:42

Fan Since 1964
steffiestones

THE ANSWER IS: WE WILL NOT BE PREPARED FOR THE ROLLING STONES RETIREMENT but we will bow our heads and say thank you for all you've given us.

One day it'll all be a huge "MEMORY MOTEL" but we will stick to the memories and cherish their legacy and effort to make us fans proud!

So whenever and however the retirement is coming to us we will be paralyzed and sad.

I am not part of your we. I am pared for their retirement. Have been for quite some time. You must be pared, or as they say, prepare youself since it is befor being pared. At some point you will be pared.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 8, 2012 21:50

crumbling_mice
I think we had all just about got prepared for no more gigs and then we had this latest flurry of activity. How long this lasts is unknown to the masses at the moment, maybe unknown to the Stones. But, when the tours stop, we will still have the solo work cos these guys will always generate music whilst they physically can. Once all four have passed on, then we will see more of the archives for many years after I should imagine. Stones activity in some form or another will outlast all of us on IORR.

Look at how the Beatles have still remained important in the music industry with their songs constantly being covered and re-worked. If I could fast forward 100 years I would still expect to see Stones fans and certainly their songs will still be regarded as classics and studied in minute detail by all sorts of high tech equipment.

We have all been truly priviliged to live in these times and experience the Stones as a live act, millions will look back and wish they could have lived this decades. When I'm an old man sat in my rocking chair in the corner of some residential home, I'll have some of the greatest memories of seeing the Stones and the people I shared those days with. Worth a million pounds.

Very well put, we've been privileged and over the past month I've been spoiled to death really with the Trabendo/mini-Trabendo/O2 Pit...I kept saying to myself that I had to savor each moment, but even when you do that it's just "gone in an instant".

It's pretty certain they won't tour/record anymore if one of the base 3 passes on, not sure about Ronnie.

One of the things that gives these guys the strength/will to continue and helps keep them relevant is that they're still the core band, them against the world, so to speak. Mick fronting a group of forty something guys would look bizarre these days, it already did 25 years ago...although his performance with the Foo Fighters on SNL wasn't too shabby, it's hard to know for sure really. 2012 has been full of so many surprises we couldn't have fathomed if only back in February!

Date: December 8, 2012 21:51

arthritis
You can bet your house that there will be officially licensed hologram Rolling Stones tours.

One person who probably won't be TOO heartbroken when a particular stone named Ron dies is his new wife. Bless his heart, he looks like a witch on on meth on stage, but imagine what he looks like when he wakes up. Yikes.

This is one remark I could have been without in these joyous times where the Stones show even more ability and energy than ever!

We don't need to talk about "death" we need to talk about positive times coming ahead!

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 8, 2012 21:59

steffiestones

i've made a special cake just for such an occasion. you have to seize the moment.

Date: December 8, 2012 22:03

Fan Since 1964
arthritis
You can bet your house that there will be officially licensed hologram Rolling Stones tours.

One person who probably won't be TOO heartbroken when a particular stone named Ron dies is his new wife. Bless his heart, he looks like a witch on on meth on stage, but imagine what he looks like when he wakes up. Yikes.

This is one remark I could have been without in these joyous times where the Stones show even more ability and energy than ever!

We don't need to talk about "death" we need to talk about positive times coming ahead!

You're cyber whistling past the graveyard.grinning smiley

And for the Stones "showing more ability and energy than ever" i refer you to 1982:

A band exhibiting "more energy than ever" wouldn't be slowing all their tempos down.grinning smiley

Date: December 8, 2012 22:18

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Fan Since 1964
steffiestones

I am not part of your we. I am pared for their retirement. Have been for quite some time. You must be pared, or as they say, prepare youself since it is befor being pared. At some point you will be pared.

Well that's your opinion, not mine and I love to stick to my opinion.
Why? We'll I tried to get used to that the Stones we're a band that we're "Out of Time" and wouldn't be able to deliver anything more. Slowly but very surely I've come to decision that I have to change my opinion into: "They still can deliver" and will do so regardless to what anyone might think of that matter.

I guess the O2 arena concerts shows that!

So to me I will never be prepared because that wouldn't keep my fanhood alive!

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: December 8, 2012 22:22

If anyone was going to die with their boots on...

Date: December 8, 2012 22:44

arthritis
Fan Since 1964
arthritis

The energy was bad at that time!
The Stones sounded horrible at Ullevi in 1982!
Pitch dark withour any connection to their music.
None what so ever tightness. A horrible growling from Mick and Ronnie Wood out in space. They got slaugthered by their warm up band "J Geils Band".

Terrible performance by the Stones!
Not what you we're looking for at that time!

THEY SUCKED!

You're cyber whistling past the graveyard.grinning smiley

And for the Stones "showing more ability and energy than ever" i refer you to 1982:

A band exhibiting "more energy than ever" wouldn't be slowing all their tempos down.grinning smiley

Date: December 8, 2012 22:55

^Fan since 1964, You apparently doctored my comment to make it appear as if I said the rolling stones "sucked" in the 80's.^

The stones were at their best in the early 80's. In the future, try to take ownership of your frustrated outbursts that desperately attempt to reconstruct history to prop up the current incarnation of the stones. Thanks, Arthritis.

Also, your claim that J geils band "slaughtered" the stones indicates to me that you're clearly having a psycotic episode and need to be arrested.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-08 23:00 by arthritis.

Date: December 8, 2012 23:03

arthritis
^Fan since 1964, You apparently doctored my comment to make it appear as if I said the rolling stones "sucked" in the 80's.^

The stones were at their best in the early 80's. In the future, try to take ownership of your frustrated outbursts that desperately attempt to reconstruct history to prop up the current incarnation of the stones. Thanks, Arthritis.

Also, your claim that J geils band "slaughtered" the stones indicates to me that you're clearly having a psycotic episode and need to be arrested.

No that was a fact in Gothenburg in 1982.
Our so beloved band was left behind at that concert!
That's my opinion and I stick to it!

Date: December 8, 2012 23:07

Fan Since 1964
arthritis

So you went home from the show thoroughly impressed by "girlfriend is a centerfold." Wait a minute..... You must be J Geils! Hello J!

Date: December 8, 2012 23:19

arthritis
Fan Since 1964
arthritis

So you went home from the show thoroughly impressed by "girlfriend is a centerfold." Wait a minute..... You must be J Geils! Hello J!

I went home with a vision in my mind that the Stones weren't up for it!
If we are here just to hail something (Stones) that weren't good then I will be the first to leave!
The Stones have had their ups and downs and if we can't recognize that then we are not fans, we are idiots that beleive that everything the Stones have put up are the best performance ever, well then we have to consider if we can judge from our best senses!

I'm not saying I'm right about this but it's my personal opinion.
If personal opinions doesn't count then there's a problem which I don't want to be a part of!

Posted by: donnarq1 ()
Date: December 8, 2012 23:21

No.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1444
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home