Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Phelge's Stones on Kindle..
Posted by: JamesPhelge00 ()
Date: December 6, 2012 01:20

My book will soon be available for Kindle via Amazon soon. Had some issues converting it from paper book format back to Mac and then PC before getting to kindle. All the line spacing etc kinda gets screwed up.. and creates nightmares everywhere. )) I have to keep going thru eaach paragraph which takes for ever.

Meanwhile.

Thanks to those who have recently ordered First Edition copies from my site, it is much appreciated. The reason I still have some First Edition copies is because they had to be withheld for copyright reasons in some places - and some tax issues etc.

Just a reminder If anyone is looking for a First Edition copy for Christmas - depending where you are - post may be longer than usual. This is a direct link:

[www.jamesphelge.com]

I will post back when the Kindle version is available but may be looking early Jan.

Thanks for reading. ))

Re: Phelge's Stones on Kindle..
Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 6, 2012 01:35

Good luck with this new adventure James.
I am still very happy with the paper copy that I got from you many years ago.
And yes, I can advise this book to every Stonesfan.
It has many great stories.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 6, 2012 03:38

Congrats, James !

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: December 6, 2012 04:59

You've got mail.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: December 6, 2012 09:52

Congrats, James and good luck with the new venture!

Posted by: MissNBrian ()
Date: December 7, 2012 10:42

looking forward to this!!
------------------------------

"Doctor please, some more men please,
To Cotchford Farm, out by the pool...

What a drag it is they couldn't revive him"

Brian Jones 2/28/42 - 7/2/69

Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: December 7, 2012 10:46

My copy of your book (with an autograph) is on the shelf. I received it in Autumn 2001. Excellent book. I always recommend it to any Stones fan. Thanks, James.

Posted by: Barnestormer ()
Date: December 7, 2012 11:26

Just ordered my copy.Christmas can come.

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: December 7, 2012 15:54

I have always told people that of all the books written about the Stones, it is tough to beat yours. And it's funny! Glad I have this opportunity to tell you. Thanks for a great read. But you need toilet training...

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: December 7, 2012 20:22

Uhhh, James!! Is that really you!! After reading your book (the best of all) i feel like you are a person with whom i would really like to have some whiskies or beer with...
So much stories to tell from the real inside.
All the others are journalists writing books. Keith´s, Ronnie´s and Bobby´s do not count because they are writing from this stardom very far away from us...

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: December 7, 2012 21:45

JamesPhelge00
My book will soon be available for Kindle via Amazon soon. Had some issues converting it from paper book format back to Mac and then PC before getting to kindle. All the line spacing etc kinda gets screwed up.. and creates nightmares everywhere. )) I have to keep going thru eaach paragraph which takes for ever.

Meanwhile.

Thanks to those who have recently ordered First Edition copies from my site, it is much appreciated. The reason I still have some First Edition copies is because they had to be withheld for copyright reasons in some places - and some tax issues etc.

Just a reminder If anyone is looking for a First Edition copy for Christmas - depending where you are - post may be longer than usual. This is a direct link:

[www.jamesphelge.com]

I will post back when the Kindle version is available but may be looking early Jan.

Thanks for reading. ))

Hey James--do you remember when you met my wife and i in Chicago just before the gigs in '97?...I gave you my address and $20 and weeks later a book showed up in the mail autographed--"to Dennis-the first one sold"...met you on the street corner outside a steakhouse where the "undercover" fan club was meeting...you were extremely kind aand a gracious gent....you were leaving town before the show i believe and would not be attending...i still have the photos of the three of us. A great night!!...loved the book also!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 7, 2012 22:24

lunar!!!
i still have the photos of the three of us

Now that would be nice to see. That is if you and James agree to post them here.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: December 7, 2012 22:27

Rolling Hansie
lunar!!!

Now that would be nice to see. That is if you and James agree to post them here.

when i get home in January i will get the wife to upload the photos--if James does not mind....

Date: December 11, 2012 14:21

lunar!!!
Rolling Hansie
lunar!!!

when i get home in January i will get the wife to upload the photos--if James does not mind....

Always interested and vain enough to see fotos of myself. Then regret it afterwards as I looks so old and shit... but be my guest.. ))

Date: December 11, 2012 14:28

lunar!!!

Hey James--do you remember when you met my wife and i in Chicago just before the gigs in '97?...I gave you my address and $20 and weeks later a book showed up in the mail autographed--"to Dennis-the first one sold"...met you on the street corner outside a steakhouse where the "undercover" fan club was meeting...you were extremely kind aand a gracious gent....you were leaving town before the show i believe and would not be attending...i still have the photos of the three of us. A great night!!...loved the book also!

I can't remember exactly as it was a while agaon now, but I do remember selinng thf first book.

Now, as I presume you still have that first book, IO must tell you:_

I still have that 20 dollar bill, I nevewr spent it. - I kept it as a souveneir of selling that book.

So I guess we're even. If you throw the book away I will spend the 20 bucks..)))))

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: December 11, 2012 18:46

Know a few friends with Kindles that will be getting copies. Thanks for the update Jim.

Date: December 11, 2012 22:46

JamesPhelge00
lunar!!!

I can't remember exactly as it was a while agaon now, but I do remember selinng thf first book.

Now, as I presume you still have that first book, IO must tell you:_

I still have that 20 dollar bill, I nevewr spent it. - I kept it as a souveneir of selling that book.

So I guess we're even. If you throw the book away I will spend the 20 bucks..)))))

throw it away?...NEVER!!...a genuine brush with fame!!....enjoy it very much..some keen insights into the early days!!...thanx for the permission to post photos--i may not want to see how i've aged either but it's better than the alternative! ...and i guess i still look better than any of the Stones!!!

Posted by: Jan Richards ()
Date: December 11, 2012 23:19

I got my copy signed when I bought it at the Stones convention at Brixton Academy in June of 1999. One of the best Stones books ever. I have read it two times and I think that a third time is due now.

Thank You James for a fantastic inside view from the early days

Jan Richards

[www.stonesondecca.com]

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 12, 2012 00:07

Buncha @#$%& Books ?? grinning smiley

Date: December 12, 2012 20:02

filstan
Know a few friends with Kindles that will be getting copies. Thanks for the update Jim.

Hi Fil.

I am just doing the finishing touches right now. Have been working on this since about June. Somewhat long story which I will post later.

One remaining issue is the way Amazon pay authors who are outside the united States. This is long winded and expensive. The getiing paid part is like the record business where you get ripped off. I never received any royalties for the 'Nankering' version, which is why it is better I do it myself now.

That's why I never advertise the 'Nankering' version btw... Anyway, that deal is closed out now.

P

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: December 12, 2012 20:08

Hi James! I have your signed first edion book. Most enjoyable read.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: December 12, 2012 21:51

Hello James, I have read your book, in Italian translation, and just wanted to say that I found it really nice and sincere. Thank you for sharing with us this part of your life.

Guido

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: December 12, 2012 23:13

Hi - just ordered the paper version. How long is delivery?

Date: December 12, 2012 23:27

strettonbull
Hi - just ordered the paper version. How long is delivery?

Hi, Thanks for that. I guess delivery depends where you are and if it's Christmas or not.

I would expect UK a couple of days after posting - Europe maybe 4 days - USA maybe 7 days. Some times they seem to arrive quicker. Not had any cpmplaints, so guess ity works okay.

My own post takes maybe 4 days as we live in a rural area. Anyway, anything abroad all goes airmail.

That's all I know.. ))

Date: December 12, 2012 23:30

Stone601
Hello James, I have read your book, in Italian translation, and just wanted to say that I found it really nice and sincere. Thank you for sharing with us this part of your life.

Guido

Hi Guido.

I have not mentioned that new version yet, as it is something I am still waiting agreed payment for.. sigh but glad you enjoyed it.))

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 12, 2012 23:53

The new publisher hasn't paid yet, JamesPhelge?
You say you recommend the older one then...

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: December 14, 2012 16:50

angee
The new publisher hasn't paid yet, JamesPhelge?
You say you recommend the older one then...

Sadly, the only money anyone is likely to see is the Initial amount paid when you sign the deal. That is the time to kiss any ideas of receiving future royalties goodbye - it just doesn't happen.

Phelge's Stones I published myself - that however brings distribution problems, and you have to open accounts for the stores that want your book. You then end up chasing them for money as they don't pay on time if at all. You end up making nothing as your costs are increased chasing people about.

Publishing has now changed to the digital things like ebooks and Kindle
- so publishers no longer want to print nice books where you can get a signed copy etc. - The stores are now all Celeb type cook books or whatever. Unlikely you will find much selection of anything else nowdays.

Phelges Stones will not be available again in paper book form. I've already seen used ones selling from 10 to 150 bucks... hopefully no one is paying those prices.

My next book will be digital format only - maybe later next year.. ))

Pity, digital books are not the same thing are they? Biy like having a music file instead of a real cd.

As you all know

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 14, 2012 17:00

sad smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2240
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home