Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Mick Taylor again cancels concert in Avilés, "this time" because he is going on tour with the Rolling Stones
Posted by: viejorolinga ()
Date: December 5, 2012 21:41

the note is translated in English and Spanish

IORR thanks! , To allow sharing information

[]

Re: Mick Taylor again cancels concert in Avilés, "this time" because he is going on tour with the Rolling Stones
Posted by: chop ()
Date: December 5, 2012 21:42

Well I guess that seals it. Taylor at the NY/NJ gigs

Re: Mick Taylor again cancels concert in Avilés, "this time" because he is going on tour with the Rolling Stones
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 5, 2012 21:44

Good to hear, but ridiculous to those people that it was even scheduled for this date.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: December 5, 2012 21:45

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, AND THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benjamin.

Posted by: chop ()
Date: December 5, 2012 21:45

Now we need to see what Bill's up to...

Posted by: Edith Grove ()
Date: December 5, 2012 21:52

So, did the Stones pay off those venues so Taylor won't be dealing with breach of contract issues ?

Posted by: champ72 ()
Date: December 5, 2012 21:53

Fantastic!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 5, 2012 21:53

I just hope he is in Brooklyn.

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: December 5, 2012 22:14

After 2x MR with him I am hoping for CYHMK in Brooklyn. After all this is on their list of songs that they have rehearsed in Paris.

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: December 5, 2012 22:20

I guess he passed the audition.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 5, 2012 22:25

Nothing about the other Stones shows on Taylor's Facebook page, but I suppose that doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: December 5, 2012 22:27

Nice to see that. Can't wait for the PPV show.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 5, 2012 22:48

Edith Grove
So, did the Stones pay off those venues so Taylor won't be dealing with breach of contract issues ?

Yeah I think they can handle that...can't be a lot more (probably a lot less) than the £200000 fine they got on the 25th.

This is good news though, I see Mick Taylor getting a guest spot in 2012 as well, possibly an extended guest spot on all the tunes from his era. Mick (and Keith) have definitely mellowed.

Posted by: sweet neo con ()
Date: December 5, 2012 22:51

chop

it's the fear of ...or dislike of flying right?? has bill hired a boat yet?

IORR............but I like it!

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 5, 2012 22:52

gotdablouse
Edith Grove

Yeah I think they can handle that...can't be a lot more (probably a lot less) than the £200000 fine they got on the 25th.

This is good news though, I see Mick Taylor getting a guest spot in 2012 as well, possibly an extended guest spot on all the tunes from his era. Mick (and Keith) have definitely mellowed.

Yes indeedy, it sure is...I may have to start my pre-show bottle of wine early in honor of Mr. Taylor. See you all on the 15th! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: December 5, 2012 22:55

sweet neo con
chop

it's the fear of ...or dislike of flying right?? has bill hired a boat yet?
Bill Wyman (in hat) and his bass tech are currently en route to USA as we speak!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 5, 2012 22:57

Hat ?

Sorry I mistyped above, I meant : "This is good news though, I see Mick Taylor getting a guest spot in 2013 as well, possibly an extended guest spot on all the tunes from his era. Mick (and Keith) have definitely mellowed."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-05 23:44 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 5, 2012 23:04

Three shows (and only one guest song/show) does not a tour make. I am hoping for some shows in the rest of the USA and Taylor on a few more tunes. The demand is still great and they seem to get better with each show so far.

Still a bit shaken by all the stage movement by MT, caught me by complete surprise. I think I like him standing still but with fingers burning up the fretboard. Definately want to hear some more SLIDE GUITAR from him. peace

Date: December 5, 2012 23:13

This is the poster for the cancelled gig

And this is the Niemeyer Center, the place ....(Avilés, Spain). A nice one.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: December 5, 2012 23:57

Hopefully he rehearses with the band prior to these shows. His playing at the London shows was a bit off....ok more than a bit. And hopefully he sits in for more than one song. Love to hear him on All Down The Line.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 6, 2012 00:23

Edith Grove

For the last 30+ years, all of Taylor's contracts have the obligatory "If the Stones call me"... out clause.

Posted by: Fredluvzstones ()
Date: December 6, 2012 00:45

That is a damn nice venue! I would love to see him play there.

Fred Hardin
Pleased to meet you........

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: December 6, 2012 02:28

AWESOME! Practice, practice, practice! PPV only 10 days away!

Posted by: golfjen2001 ()
Date: December 6, 2012 04:05

A small piece of heaven back in its home. Sometimes you can get what you want!!
Have you seen his face, HAPPY

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 6, 2012 04:19

chop

Currently in the middle of a transoceanic cruise and unavailable for comment.

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: December 6, 2012 04:33

Naturalust
Still a bit shaken by all the stage movement by MT, caught me by complete surprise. I think I like him standing still but with fingers burning up the fretboard.
+1

Let's hope MT's (cameo) reinstatement settles him down a bit. Stage movement does not heighten his musical performance as we aficiandos know. Also, he should stand up straight. He's slouching like a troll, so he appears shorter (submissive to? ) MJ. He's taller than MJ. He needs to stand up straight, stage left, and play the d@mn guitar.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: December 6, 2012 04:38

Oscar Niemeyer just passed away - spooky...

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: December 6, 2012 04:56

Welcome news that MT is coming to the states. As I am making the journey from SF to Newark I am pleased as punch!

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: December 6, 2012 06:14

I am so very excited at the now very good possibility of seeing MT with the Stones at the two Newark shows, if only they would let him play on more than one song especially if BW will not be there! My favorite Stones output has always been during the MT period but I've never seen him play live with them so this will indeed be very special for me. Hopefully Mick has dangled enough $$$ in front of BW for him to overcome his fear of flying just this once, that would truly be a dream come true and worth every penny I'm spending on this trip to NYC!

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: December 6, 2012 10:21

emotionalbarbecue
This is the poster for the cancelled gig

And this is the Niemeyer Center, the place ....(Avilés, Spain). A nice one.

Actually there are two posters (one for each date - 24th November and 15th December).

Thanks: Nice pics ... of my hometown. Yes: I have a ticket for the show!!!!

More info:
[www.lne.es]

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1734
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home