Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
So, now when the buzz is over...
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 2, 2012 02:02

Now that we know what we are getting: 1/3 rarities and new songs (D&G and OMS), 2-3 guestspots (incl old stones) and 2/3 standard repertoire; Was it worth the extra pounds and dollars spent on tickets?
Did the show extravaganza compensate for the sky-high ticket prices? Are you Americans still eager to pay 3 times more than ordinary prices for your tickets? Just wondering...

Re: So, now when the buzz is over...
Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: December 2, 2012 02:03

Still buzzing here.... like a King Bee!

Date: December 2, 2012 02:03

You mean is it better to just stay at home?

Maybe.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 2, 2012 02:09

The question is not whether people are eager to pay 3 times normal cost, as if normal cost were another option.

The question is whether people think it's worth it vs. what the alternative was -- no shows, continued retirement.

Standard repertoire is what was expectd from the beginning, no? The extravaganza is the fact that they came back to play a few shows. Thats what people are paying for, not the guests.

That's my answer to your question.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-02 02:09 by Rokyfan.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 2, 2012 02:11

the buzz will be officially over when gazza posts that he "was robbed." we're not there yet.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 2, 2012 02:19

Stoneage
Now that we know what we are getting: 1/3 rarities and new songs (D&G and OMS), 2-3 guestspots (incl old stones) and 2/3 standard repertoire; Was it worth the extra pounds and dollars spent on tickets?
Did the show extravaganza compensate for the sky-high ticket prices? Are you Americans still eager to pay 3 times more than ordinary prices for your tickets? Just wondering...

Honest opinion ... as a Brit who went to both London shows and is also going to all American shows ? I think that the willingness to pay these sorts of prices in the States is less than in UK. I might be proved wrong, but I have just looked at pit ticket prices on STUBHUB for the Brooklyn show, they start at around $1080 and go up from there. I NEVER saw any pit ticket that "cheap" on any of the UK reselling sites, that's because ultimately there were enough people prepared to pay all of that figure and even MORE on top - to get into that pit. In the States, I don't think there's quite the same willingness to shell out that kind of $$$$$$$s ..... pit or not.

I might be proved wrong come the day, but that's how it strikes me anyway.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: December 2, 2012 02:22

StonesTod
the buzz will be officially over when gazza posts that he "was robbed." we're not there yet.

Robbed of all his Stones Bootlegs?

He has a TON of them, most every show actually.

Date: December 2, 2012 02:26

steel driving hammer
StonesTod

so he says. i know some peeps with more. these peeps are insane though. i suspect my buddy gazza has maintained a bit of his insanity. but, it's just a matter of time....

Date: December 2, 2012 02:28

StonesTod
steel driving hammer
StonesTod

so he says. i know some peeps with more. these peeps are insane though. i suspect my buddy gazza has maintained a bit of his insanity. but, it's just a matter of time....

Yes, insane in a good way though...

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: December 2, 2012 02:29

fans will still go and see the best rock-roll band on the given night,the 2 concert in london were rocking and band were on fire,so make the most of it while they are still rocking.ROLLING STONES ARE WAY OF LIFE SINCE 1968.
ITS ONLY ROCK-ROLL WE LIKE IT

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 2, 2012 02:33

At one song there were at least 36 musicians on stage not counting the light, camera etc.
I mentioned in an earlier post I wouldn't spend not more then 99.99 Euro well I changed that I would have paid 199,99 to see them.

Date: December 2, 2012 02:39

I paid $350.00 (face value) for a Licks tour seat.

I just had too.

Are Stones money grabbers or what?

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: December 2, 2012 02:41

The buzz isn't yet over for me and it's been a week as I could only afford the one night on Sunday. That's value for money, Stones style, I suppose. Seriously, in answer to your question, I held out for many weeks because I objected to the price. Now I'm glad I caved in and went so yes, I'd say it was worth it and no, I'm not eager to pay 3 times more than ordinary prices. If there's more shows next year I'd want them to stick to arena's though even though I know it will push up the price. I hope that £250 will be the top price on a regular tour - I can't see it going back to the 'bargain' rates of 2007. Sadly.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: December 2, 2012 04:37

Stoneage

First thing I did when I returned to my hotel from the concert Thursday night was drop $1,300 on a single tongue pit ticket in Brooklyn. I already had a single (back lowers) for 12/13. Oh the second thing I did was book a room 2 miles from Barclay Center.

Date: December 2, 2012 16:30

jazzbass
Stoneage

First thing I did when I returned to my hotel from the concert Thursday night was drop $1,300 on a single tongue pit ticket in Brooklyn. I already had a single (back lowers) for 12/13. Oh the second thing I did was book a room 2 miles from Barclay Center.

ok, we've been waiting long enough. and the third thing was....?

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: December 2, 2012 17:33

Stoneage

As to the mentionned standard repertoire, was it played in versions like the latest tours, more or less in the same manner, or was it played a) in a more guitar driven way, b) by a revitalized band, which amounted to a most unexpected freshness of the songs?

Maybe, the buzz is not over, but moves over the ocean! Whereas the concerned quarters in Europe instead wonder: Will there be any kind of continuation in 2013?

Posted by: arthritis ()
Date: December 2, 2012 17:53

steel driving hammer

Maybe.

In any situation, it's generally better to stay home. With the advent of youtube it's baffling to me that anyone would bother attending concerts. I went to two stones concerts before youtube was invented and i would rather have my money back. Youtube generally has better audio and views unless you waste money on front row tickets or something, and then what's the expectation? Are you hoping ronnie or keith farts in your general direction? Concerts are so last century. Leave them for the idiots who want to loudly sing along with each song bothering everyone around them who wrongfully assumed they had came to listen to the band and not thousands of people doing real time karaoke.

Date: December 2, 2012 17:57

arthritis
steel driving hammer

Maybe.

In any situation, it's generally better to stay home. With the advent of youtube it's baffling to me that anyone would bother attending concerts. I went to two stones concerts before youtube was invented and i would rather have my money back. Youtube generally has better audio and views unless you waste money on front row tickets or something, and then what's the expectation? Are you hoping ronnie or keith farts in your general direction? Concerts are so last century. Leave them for the idiots who want to loudly sing along with each song bothering everyone around them who wrongfully assumed they had came to listen to the band and not thousands of people doing real time karaoke.

spot on. except for the youtube part. but i agree about the last-century stuff and the farting business, especially.

Date: December 2, 2012 18:02

StonesTod
arthritis
steel driving hammer

Maybe.

spot on. except for the youtube part. but i agree about the last-century stuff and the farting business, especially.

True dat.

Nothing worse than going all the way to a concert and having to stand in a long line to wait to piss all the time and miss part of the show that you paid all that money for.

Date: December 2, 2012 18:03

steel driving hammer
StonesTod
arthritis
steel driving hammer

Maybe.

True dat.

Nothing worse than going all the way to a concert and having to stand in a long line to wait to piss all the time and miss part of the show that you paid all that money for.

that's why they invented flasks...why not bring two and share?

Date: December 2, 2012 22:19

When you pay $1300 for a ticket do you shut your eyes for the flaws and age of the band? We have a singer with a voice that reminds me of a constant cold and a guitarist who used to be the driving force behind the band but now is struggling to keep pace. We have a repertoire that hasn't been revitalized for ages; in fact most of the songs sounds about the same as they did in 1989, or 1994, or 1997, or 2002, or 2007, and so on. Value for money?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: December 2, 2012 22:26

Stoneage
When you pay $1300 for a ticket do you shut your eyes for the flaws and age of the band? We have a singer with a voice that reminds me of a constant cold and a guitarist who used to be the driving force behind the band but now is struggling to keep pace. We have a repertoire that hasn't been revitalized for ages; in fact most of the songs sounds about the same as they did in 1989, or 1994, or 1997, or 2002, or 2007, and so on. Value for money?

So Stoneage,i guess you are not going to the shows=== for F...sake, piss off.
and go to sleep
jeroen

Date: December 2, 2012 22:40

Corriecas
So Stoneage,i guess you are not going to the shows=== for F...sake, piss off.

In fact I would, if the ticket prices were more reasonable, Corriecas. Maybe they will be if they prolong the tour into 2013. Who knows. One thing I always tries to do is to stay out of disrespectful language though.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: December 2, 2012 23:30

tomcat2006

Thanks to iorr.org the buzz goes on, with these pics and videos...

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: December 2, 2012 23:36

still not paying for a concert ticket but looking forward to the ppv special. the second part something I didn't think I would find myself saying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-02 23:59 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: December 2, 2012 23:55

I couldn't handle the hassle and expense of getting to London right now and am so relieved I didn't try. Between the plane fares, hotels, meals, tickets, it would have been thousands of €€. Yet I am as thrilled to see the videos as if I had been there.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 3, 2012 00:04

Bitches Brew
tomcat2006

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up Bzzz Bzzzzzz Bzzzzzzzzz!
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 3, 2012 00:49

I'm glad I went, glad the band made the effort to make the shows special in terms of presentation, performance and guest slots - but I'm also glad I more or less stuck to a price level that was way below what they were asking for a ticket.

No matter how brilliant it was, those prices are still (to me) unjustifiable for any form of entertainment. Other people's mileage may vary of course.

Theyve sort of made a rod for their own back for 2013 though by justifying those prices by saying that it cost the same to put the show together and rehearse whether it was for 5 shows or for 50. So, by that yardstick, the ticket prices should plummet in 2013 as they've got the return on their 'investment'.

And if you believe that they will, you'll believe anything.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 3, 2012 00:55

Bitches Brew
tomcat2006

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up Bzzz Bzzzzzz Bzzzzzzzzz!
Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!

Of course it doesnt work for all...
some are gonna be grumpy no matter what...
even those lucky enough to have made one of the shows.

Seems some think that grumpy is fashionable.

Date: December 3, 2012 01:28

Max'sKansasCity
Seems some think that grumpy is fashionable.

it's certainly trendy...and well on it's way to becoming fashionable. grumps rock.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1428
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home