Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Chuck
Posted by: josepi ()
Date: December 1, 2012 06:02

Peter Palmer was also considered but he was too much of a pounder.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: December 1, 2012 06:06

StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
chuck is the heart and soul of the band. long live chuck. the best keyboardist they ever had...

are you trying to incite some violence?

no, but i'd like some insight into why there aren't more violins in stones music anymore...

seriously, though...chuck is an incredible musician...he can do anything mac or stu or nicky could...and more. that's why he's got the gig...pure and simple.

I concede the general points, but surely your ears can tell the difference when Chuck is playing?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 1, 2012 06:18

SweetThing
StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod
chuck is the heart and soul of the band. long live chuck. the best keyboardist they ever had...

are you trying to incite some violence?

no, but i'd like some insight into why there aren't more violins in stones music anymore...

seriously, though...chuck is an incredible musician...he can do anything mac or stu or nicky could...and more. that's why he's got the gig...pure and simple.

I concede the general points, but surely your ears can tell the difference when Chuck is playing?

You may disagree with StonesTod, but under no circumstances are you to call him Shirley....and what do shirley's ears have to do with anything anyway?

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: December 1, 2012 08:28

yes.and other than that after 30 years he aint going nowhere!!

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 1, 2012 09:56

treaclefingers
You may disagree with StonesTod, but under no circumstances are you to call him Shirley....and what do shirley's ears have to do with anything anyway?

What if his real name is Shirley?

Stuff like this keeps me awake at night.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: December 1, 2012 19:19

Chuck has never possessed that knowledgable abandon that Stu brought to playing with the Stones and he is not a near-genius in the vein of Nicky Hopkins.

He is a solid piano player but lacks imagination. I cringed when, on the Leavell website, I heard him playing a Ray Charles song. Ray was a genius and Chuck is not.

In his work with the Stones I see him as a "housekeeper working with the staff."

However, for whatever reasons the Stones keep him on.

I am rather dubious that he was Ian Stewart's eager choice to be the Stones keyboard man. I knew Stu and his standards were very high.

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: December 1, 2012 20:21

frozengold
Is Chuck Leavell the right keyboardplayer for the Stones?

Has he been set straight?
In 2007 it was Chuck and the Rolling Stones. On Sunday he came across a bit more modest.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 1, 2012 20:24

GravityBoy
treaclefingers

What if his real name is Shirley?

Stuff like this keeps me awake at night.

as long as it isn't due to being aroused.

Date: December 1, 2012 20:47

Max'sKansasCity
and why hasnt this been discussed before?

Why hasn't what not been discussed before?

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: December 1, 2012 20:56

Chuck is a very good keyboardist, but whether he is suitable for the Stones is a moot point.

Chuck's work on Eric Clapton's 24 Nights, Unplugged is great; likewise, his work on The Allman's Brothers & Sisters, and Wipe The Window, Check The Oil, and the jazz funk outfit Sea Level, remains excellent.

However, the Stones material shows a different approach, which isn't always for the best. Ian McLagan is still about, so why not him ? Jon Cleary could also be a good choice, ditto Ben Waters, or Ivan Neville, but I'm afraid the Stones have settled for Chuck, and that is that.

Date: December 1, 2012 21:11

Chuck's solo on HTW on Sunday was outstanding.

No, really.

It took me back to the days of BBC light entertainment in the 1950s.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 1, 2012 21:15

tomcasagranda
Chuck is a very good keyboardist, but whether he is suitable for the Stones is a moot point.

Chuck's work on Eric Clapton's 24 Nights, Unplugged is great; likewise, his work on The Allman's Brothers & Sisters, and Wipe The Window, Check The Oil, and the jazz funk outfit Sea Level, remains excellent.

However, the Stones material shows a different approach, which isn't always for the best. Ian McLagan is still about, so why not him ? Jon Cleary could also be a good choice, ditto Ben Waters, or Ivan Neville, but I'm afraid the Stones have settled for Chuck, and that is that.

mac would not accept if offered. i've asked him point blank and he has a big disdain for mick and keith.

chuck is the man and will always be the man as long as a man is required. long live chuck. he rocks and rules.

Date: December 1, 2012 21:49

Chuck is the Damien Hurst of rock and roll with sprinkles on top.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 2, 2012 00:10

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Max'sKansasCity

Why hasn't that not been done discussed here before?

Date: December 2, 2012 00:12

Max'sKansasCity
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Max'sKansasCity

I don't think this hasn't not been done discussed here or not anywhere before?

Date: December 2, 2012 00:42

GravityBoy
Max'sKansasCity
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Max'sKansasCity

I dont not think that this has maybe never not been has been discussed with irrational exuberance, irrefutably.

Date: December 2, 2012 00:43

Max'sKansasCity
GravityBoy
Max'sKansasCity
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Max'sKansasCity

I dont not think that this has maybe never not been has been discussed with irrational exuberance, irrefutably.

Call me maybe

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 2, 2012 00:52

Max'sKansasCity
Max'sKansasCity
GravityBoy
Max'sKansasCity
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Max'sKansasCity

Call me maybe

Hey maybe, how are you doing ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: December 2, 2012 01:02

Max'sKansasCity
Max'sKansasCity
GravityBoy
Max'sKansasCity
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Max'sKansasCity

Call me maybe

Shirley you digest.

Date: December 2, 2012 01:21

Rolling Hansie
Max'sKansasCity
Max'sKansasCity
GravityBoy
Max'sKansasCity
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Max'sKansasCity

Call me maybe

Hey maybe, how are you doing ?

PERFECTO!!
Well, not perfect, I didnt win the lottery, but I am still breathing.

Date: December 2, 2012 01:23

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Max'sKansasCity
Max'sKansasCity
GravityBoy
Max'sKansasCity
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Max'sKansasCity

Call me maybe

Shirley you digest.
and yes, I just ate.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: December 2, 2012 01:52

What's the alternative....Matt Clifford's noodlings, McLagan's tired tinkering...how about Lang Lang????

Posted by: skullring72 ()
Date: December 3, 2012 00:26

spoke to chuck after the thursday night concert. what a lovely man - very warm and appreciative of the fans. took time to chat more than he needed to. no ego.

Look, I'm not sure about the keyboards on sympathy for the devil - but chuck has definitely helped the stones keep going and has been an important guy for the stones.

Date: December 3, 2012 01:29

skullring72
spoke to chuck after the thursday night concert. what a lovely man - very warm and appreciative of the fans. took time to chat more than he needed to. no ego.

Look, I'm not sure about the keyboards on sympathy for the devil - but chuck has definitely helped the stones keep going and has been an important guy for the stones.

bless you.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: December 3, 2012 01:33

skullring72
spoke to chuck after the thursday night concert. what a lovely man - chuck has definitely helped the stones keep going and has been an important guy for the stones.

thumbs up

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 3, 2012 01:33

I wasn't a big fan until I saw them at the Trabendo and rehearse and came to realize that no Chuck -> no more Stones, so yes now me likey Chuck. Besides he looks great in the 1982 Leeds videos.

Date: December 3, 2012 02:22

gotdablouse
I wasn't a big fan until I saw them at the Trabendo and rehearse and came to realize that no Chuck -> no more Stones, so yes now me likey Chuck. Besides he looks great in the 1982 Leeds videos.

you are to be blessed as well.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: December 3, 2012 07:56

StonesTod
tomcasagranda

mac would not accept if offered. i've asked him point blank and he has a big disdain for mick and keith.

chuck is the man and will always be the man as long as a man is required. long live chuck. he rocks and rules.

Why the big disdain from Mac?

Date: December 3, 2012 16:58

71Tele
StonesTod
tomcasagranda

Why the big disdain from Mac?

i've haven't asked specifically...but i assume he has written them off as money-grubbers....his remarks to me suggest so much...

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: December 3, 2012 17:00

It took all of Mac's strength to open for them that tragic October day in 2006

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1703
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home