Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Willie Nelson's New Album
Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: January 6, 2005 15:35

I bought Willie's new album - "It Always Will Be" for christmas and it's really great! I didn't know what to expect, because it's the first Nelson CD I bought.
See, I have this problem with country music - I can't stand it when it's too "hillbilly-squaredance" like, if you know what I mean.

But this CD is really great, it's very jazzy sometimes (duet with Norah Jones), bluesy, one rock song and some really good country music. And it's very authentic - it isn't overproduced, it's just honest music!

Actually, I think this is the direction the Stones should go. Recording an album that is rooted in Blues, Country and Soul. No covers, only own material and only the Stones playing. Not trying to be modern, they don't need that!
Even if I think that B2B and Voodoo Lounge are good albums, I don't have the feeling that it is as honest/heartfelt as it should be. I blame it mainly on Mick who always wants to sound modern/poppy. The Stones won't have any major hit anymore anyway, so they should get back to their roots, really!

I'm pretty sure, that if they release an album like B2B again, it will be bashed by all critics and rightly so, I dare say.
If they really want to prove that they are not an nostalgia act and still capable of making a good album, they should make a Blues, Country, Soul and only a little bit Rock influenced album, in my opinion.
And I really wish Rick Rubin could produce it, he did such a great work on Johnny Cash's American Recordings! That minimalistic sound would suit the Stones very good , in my opinion!

Re: OT: Willie Nelson's New Album
Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: January 6, 2005 15:40

KeithRichards Wrote:

they should make a Blues, Country, Soul and
> only a little bit Rock influenced album, in my
> opinion.
> And I really wish Rick Rubin could produce it, he
> did such a great work on Johnny Cash's American
> Recordings! That minimalistic sound would suit the
> Stones very good , in my opinion!
>
>

Agree with everything you're saying! Rick Rubin would be a good choice.

You should also check out "Teatro" by Willie. Good stuff.

'Don’t forget, if you’re on your bike, wear white'

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2231
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home